Super Silver Haze

gato

Think I'd like the Haze strains, but never actually grew them. The threads on SSH are older and thought I might stand a chance of getting an answer with a new thread. Apologies if I should have done otherwise.

I was looking at getting a couple of Super Silver Haze seeds from new420guy, but see that it is skunk/northern lights and haze....compared to some without the skunk (Neville's?).

Sort of need to know if the skunk smell comes through...or if it is too smelly for no odor control? It is impossible for me to have odor control in my studio apartment. Planning to use balcony glass light and suppliment with twist bulbs at night. I have to watch the money very closely and already had the twist bulbs (4-4200 lumens).

Does someone have info on SSH -skunk variety?

Thanks...420 is the place for answers*
:)

Yes Skunk is supposed to be there. Any time you buy a strain like SSH from a breeder other then Mr Nice. It is going to be different. Even Green House didn't get to keep the parents.

Whether they are F-2's or just some hybrid they made on their own. They are not the real deal. I just finish a crop with Mr Nice SSH. I was pretty happy with the outcome. They could have did lots better. They eat a lot in flower and I got behind them. Lots of different pheno's to choose from. That way you can chose the pheno you like most.

When it comes to SSH here is how I would rate the best options.

1 Mr Nice
2 Greenhouse
3 Dinafem, "Super Silver"

If you really want to try a SSH I would go with one of those 3. Choices 2 and 3 will be different but should still be good. One is a totally different strain. The other is a feminized Mr Nice version I think. Even if a new seed breeder had Skunk, Northern Lights and the right Haze plant. Those genetics are so watered down these days it wouldn't even be similar to the old one. I have a thread going with the SSH pictures I took while growing.

Hey @Jackalope

Very much appreciate all that info. For right now I decided to go with C-99, but will keep in mind what you say about those seed suppliers. I grew some Female Seed C-99 (wanted the original Brothers Grimm but budget constraint won out).

Female Seeds claim the original pineapple and grapefruit phenos and the plants seemed to follow. The grapefruit was grapefruit and the pineapple smell was as the descriptions I read. The pineapple had me smelling the plant just to smell of it.

Interesting about the watering down of the genetics and I figured skunk presence doesn't necessarily mean a skunk smell. I grew Neville's SK1-NL outdoors long ago and she was skunky...super vigorous too. She would have been a massive yield, but game preserve guys found it.

I'm looking at your SSH pix right now (will go through the remainder later). The cola close up looks impressive to my untrained eye. Was it soaring like I estimated? That was what I was looking for...a nice soaring strain, because I'm a sativa guy. Want to surprise a couple of people who only get GG and dispensary types.

Currently have a couple of Zamaldelicia going...which I think may be stunning to them. Some Golden Tiger may be soon. They never heard of things like Durban...and Ghost Train....or C-99 or Golden Tiger. I plan to 'educate ' them.
lol

Watching your thread.

Looks like we like the same stuff LOL. I have grown and will always grow Grimm's Cinderella 99. It is that good and worth the price when and if you can get them. I won't say they are better. I just know that Grimm has the right one.

The high from SSH wasn't as soaring as I thought it would be. I also probably didn't get a great pheno. I only had 3 females. The high is kind of different then what I expected. Recently I smoke some of the last haze pheno. I didn't feel really high like I thought I would. I took a couple of hits of a different strain and I was BAKED. I know for sure the second strain was not that strong. That means there was a lot more to the SSH high then I noticed. Others may really love it. That is why I love the C-99. You notice the high a lot more. I do have a few more SSH seeds and will grow them again and keep looking for a cup winning pheno.

I haven't tried the Golden Tiger. The others I have grown. I should mention I grow lots of GG hybrids LOL. If you want to impress them I would go with GTH. I just grew 2 seeds and one ended up being exactly what it was supposed to be. maybe not 28% but it is close. It is going to be hard to impress someone with felt effects if they are big fans of GG. This grow my Ghost Train Haze was better then the GG hybrid and the SSH.

BTW

Your Strawberry Lemonade comments is making me reconsider the C-99

Guess they like the GG. The guy gets his from a dispensary source...so most commercial strains....nothing exotic.

Got a few dollars and the GTH may be it.....and yes it seems we like the same types*

A lot matters if you grow multiple strains. If I could only grow one strain C-99 wouldn't be it. Since I can grow all types. Indica sativa and hybrids. C-99 is the best for daytime weed only because I can grow night time weed. Smoke to much C-99 you just get nervous not tired LOL.

Strawberry Lemonade is Ok in general. High is quite nice. My keeper Strawberry Lemonade is a whole different plant. Everything about that plant is better then its sister's by far. I have only grown 2 plants I have loved as much as this one before. I lost both of them. Mine is well on its way to regeneration so I hope to self it.

Thanks for that info jackalope

Mind if I pick your brain a bit...since we like similar things...you having and me wishing I had.

Is the GTH stinky and need odor control? No odor control in a cardboard box at night. I use south facing balcony light that gets full sun most of the day. I am concerned about odor at my studio apartment.

If it is or isn't...could you possibly list some soaring types I may not know about. The seed descriptions don't always help. I haven't had anything that made me soar in several years.

Thanks...I'd be pleased to grow them as well as you do.

I would say it is a no on the GTH. One didn't smell much at all the other was way smelly just like it is supposed to LMAO. it has lots of that Ghost Og smell.

For soaring. It really depends. So many people see effects of a strain differently. It is really not something I look for either. I like body to be with the head high. My favorite strains for sativa highs are Cinderella 99 and Tangie. While I don't like the flavor of Tangie the high is great. This last GTH gets you there and gets you there fast but I wouldn't call it a soaring high. sativa yes but lots of hybrid effects also.

You may want to look at Trainwreck or some of its hybrids. From what I hear Ace seeds do the soaring thing. I don't know I don't do extremely long flowering sativa's. Pretty sure it is going to take 14 to 16 weeks to find a amazing sativa. That type of stuff takes more room then you probably have. In your grow space I think Grimms Cinderella XX is going to be hard to beat.

Thanks for all that info. Have been leaning and likely will be C-99. Think they only do regular seeds, but that's ok. Just have to pull the trigger on sending the money (hard trigger to pull)

Yes I saw the high weeks numbers on some. Was going to go Cindy Fem, but the original Grimm's will likely be it.

Thanks again...someone saying their finding is far better than reading seed offering text*

Grimm has a feminized version of Cinderella 99. It is the Cinderella XX. I grow it all the time. Just got 2 more packs to last the next few more years LOL.

Grimm has a feminized version of Cinderella 99. It is the Cinderella XX. I grow it all the time. Just got 2 more packs to last the next few more years LOL.

Yes...saw the price too...lol

out of my budget. TrueNorth has some but from Canucks. Looks like no Grimms for me.

thanks

Thanks for that info jackalope

Mind if I pick your brain a bit...since we like similar things...you having and me wishing I had.

Is the GTH stinky and need odor control? No odor control in a cardboard box at night. I use south facing balcony light that gets full sun most of the day. I am concerned about odor at my studio apartment.

If it is or isn't...could you possibly list some soaring types I may not know about. The seed descriptions don't always help. I haven't had anything that made me soar in several years.

Thanks...I'd be pleased to grow them as well as you do.

Would you be able to get a carbon filter? They can be found for under $40 USD, couple with a cheap in-line fan ($40) and you would have pretty good odor control. You could use a cheap grow tent or just wrap your cardboard box with panda film.

Thanks for the suggestion, but not practical. My studio apartment is small...it has a great south facing balcony though. The only closet space is a double door slide open one (without the doors---lol) and the water heater closet with enough space for the box and box fan. The lights are 4-4200 lumen twists...only used at night and dangling into the box from the clothes rod. I just slide against the wall end...fold up the box flaps and hang clothing on the rod to hide the top of the box....hide in plain sight.

Daytime balcony light is great.

Pretty certain the C-99

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, but not practical. My studio apartment is small...it has a great south facing balcony though. The only closet space is a double door slide open one (without the doors---lol) and the water heater closet with enough space for the box and box fan. The lights are 4-4200 lumen twists...only used at night and dangling into the box from the clothes rod. I just slide against the wall end...fold up the box flaps and hang clothing on the rod to hide the top of the box....hide in plain sight.

Daytime balcony light is great.

Pretty certain the C-99

Thanks

Gotcha! A few of those Glade plug-ins by your door should help and I'm a big fan of scented candles lol. You can also buy a weather-stripping kit for your door, designed to seal drafts for external doors but you could use it to help control odor. They're really cheap and simple to install, something like this -
1588859916943.png

Think I'll just use some glade solids if I can smell the Zamaldelicia flowering. I know the C-99 I had wasn't an odor problem. Will budget some time for more research on soaring types.

if it is too smelly for no odor control? It is impossible for me to have odor control in my studio apartment.

Most every strain I have ever grown was "too smelly for no odor control." If you open a baggie, set it on your coffee table, go out for a while, return and the room smells like bud, common sense will tell you that a flowering plant is going to have a much stronger scent.

I lived in a house and was off work, so I wasn't leaving very often. I had a little grow. A friend knocked on my door and, when I opened it, asked me what strains I was growing. "You can smell it in the doorway?" He said, "I could smell it in the driveway." Another time, I was living in an apartment in a multi-use (commercial) building. The local K9 officer stopped by every Sunday morning to buy a newspaper. He gave me a real... lecture one morning, right there in the parking lot. Said I either needed to get some sort of odor control or quit growing. I chose option #1 ;) .

Carbon filters and closets/cabinets/tents/boxes are your friend.

Gotcha! A few of those Glade plug-ins by your door should help and I'm a big fan of scented candles lol.

Turns the scent of cannabis into... the scent of cannabis and perfume ;).

thanks for all that Tortured Soul....especially the glade plug-in remark...lol

I have some experience with some plants that did not smell. C-99 had to have nose to the plant and with the pineapple pheno ( I had both) nose close to plant or disturb it. then the scent was there.

I have a couple sprouted and will find out soon.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom