Super Skunk

My final yield for my SS was a little over 12 dry OZs. Its not the stanky stank but damn its powerful! Id definitely grow this again if I could get my hands on some more seeds.

For the most part Super Skunk is a terrible strain. Yes it get's big and maybe 1 out of 100 plants come out good but it is garbage compared to the elite strains people have come to expect with rock hard nugs of pure dank. I got rid of all my crappy strains and now I grow only proven winners such as GDP, Purple Urkle, Lemon Diesel, Tahoe OG, Cataract Kush, LA Con. X EXODUS Cheese, Chem Dawg and stuff like that. If you want a strain that will produce HUGE buds that are super dense and are of really good quality try growing World of Seeds Afghan Kush fems. The yields for that Kush were out of this world and the plant responded very well to being SCRoG. Take it from me. Some buds were so large I had to hold them up with strings. Forget Super Skunk. That strains for the birds. Try World of Seeds, or Reserva Privada, or DNA Genetics or World of Seeds.

any of these strains listed here is ok for beginners?

Northern lights was my first by recommendation. It was more my inexperience than which strain I picked first that made the learning curve a little difficult. If you have problems to cope with, it is usually more something you are doing than the strains fault. At least that's my opinion.

I don't think it is really a matter of which strain is good for beginners as much as knowing what to expect, and that is a tough one unless you have grown the strain before. I usually grow a few different strains every time except for WW which I have grown several times.

for example one of my early grows I had 5 strains. Some turned in to monsters and some were sort of runts. If you are growing different strains at the same time, you need to learn to try to even out the canopy so they get their share of light.

I'm sure some are easier for beginners, but as a rule, I would say the more sativa in a strain the tougher since it may take longer and a rookie is to anxious for that.

There are strains the seed banks say are for beginners if you want to take their advice. I mostly go by what a few others have said were excellent quality or what ever seems like it might be worth a try.

As for method of germination, you can't beat direct in dirt. As a rookie you might handle it wrong after it sprouts in paper towels. Or if in hydro maybe a rockwool cube. The less handling the better. I have a WAY better success rate going direct into dirt.

You will soon be hooked on growing and want to try them all, lol

Back
Top Bottom