Strain: Royal Dwarf
Blend: 60% Sativa 10% Indica 30% Ruderalis

Indoor Soil Grow
Soil type: Coco perlite mix
First stage pot: 1L pot with holes at the bottom for drainage

Stage: Seedling
Day in Stage: 12
Watering:
Light: 3 Led light strips (Red:Blue light with 2:1 ratio)
Temperature: 72F
Humidity: DK-trying to find a humidity gauge...

First time grow so any input from people with experience is more than welcomed. Growing in a super stealth PC grow. Grow has 2 outgoing fans and 1 incoming fan. I've got the lights and fans going 24/7 for now, the fans work really well so it's not getting too warm in the grow, max like 75F. At night it's about 70F. I should try to get the day temp around 75F no?

Like I said this is a first time grow so I feel like a big nube even though I've been smoking this stuff for years. Anyways, going to post some pics. Enjoy!

Day 9:
One of the seedlings is up, second hasn't popped up yet.
Day_99.JPG

Day 11:
The second seedling has emerged! Second pic shows a close up of seedling #2, it grew with the shell on it. It fell off the next day and two little leaves have started to sprout.
Day_11b1.JPG

Day_11a1.JPG

Looks good Crawgal, 75F is perfect for daytime temps. You can also gently take off the seed shell from the smaller plant if it hasn't already fallen off.
Good luck with your grow.;)

Thanks for the encouragement & support Stealthgrow and CO Finest!!! :thanks:

The day after I took the picture of the seedling with the shell on it fell off. Both plants now have their next leaves budding. The leaves of both got bigger over the past couple days, but the next leaves haven't grown in yet. Tempted to start giving them nutes, but wondering if they already may need to be moved into their pots for the rest of they lives until they're harvested. Kind of wish I could fast forward to that...back to the point. Think I should give nutes and/or move to their new pots?

Since day 3 of being planted I've watered the seedlings with water at 6.0 ph. The last time I watered them the ph was 5.8. I've been giving them about 50ml the first couple times and100ml each the past couple. Have I been screwing this up in some way?

The seedlings have been getting 24hrs of light consistently from when they were planted. They have 1 incoming and 2 outgoing fans constantly running. The temp is 70F at night and 72-75F during the day. Seems like the seedings are slow to grow for an auto flower, right?

To keep the two plants straight I'm going to call the seedling that had it's shell still on it on Day 11 Luke and the other one Leah. Not trying to be creepy about them, just want to keep them straight. Anyways here they are on Day 13.

Day 13: Luke
day13a2.JPG
day13a1.JPG

Day 13: Leah
day13b2.JPG
day13b1.JPG

:peace:

The seedlings are looking good, but no nutes yet. I grow in DWC not soil so not sure of exactly when to give nutes but I would wait at least 2 weeks from seed and a couple of nodes of growth. When you do start feeding nutrients start very light, give them maybe 1/3 to 1/2 strenght from directions on bottle. Maybe check out a couple of soil grows also or wait for CO, or another member who grows in soil to respond. I know your PH lvl for soil is a little low,(its perfect for DWC growing), I've heard for soil you need a higher PH than what your currently at.

Thanks Stealthgrow & Doopie!!!

Indoor Soil Grow
First stage pot: 1L pot with holes at the bottom for drainage

Day in Stage: 9 & 12
Watering: Watering with 5.8pH, gave 1/4 of nutes
Temperature: 70-76F
Humidity: 30-40%

Temp & humidity gauge arrived! The plants have been getting decent temps & humidity it looks like.

Transplanted the seedlings today from their first stage pots to their big girl pots. I'd been counting the days from when the seeds were planted. Since it seems most people go by when the seedling sprouts out of the soil the seedlings are on days 9 & 12. Makes me feel a bit better too since they seem a bit small. I transplanted them as gently as I could, by cutting a whole in the bottom of the small pots and coxing the plant into the big pot with lots of soil. I found that both plants had roots at the bottom of the pot. The plant on day 12 had 3-4 roots on the bottom.

So without further delay, here they are.
Both today:
Both_329.jpg

Luke Day 9:
Luke_Day9.jpg

Leah Day 12:
Leah_Day_12.jpg

Looking good Crawgal. :popcorn:

PS: Good to see you here, stealthgrow! I see you still like to grow Blue Mystic :D

Hi Doopie, good to see you around also. ;)
Yeah, I had a clone left over and decided what the heck, she didn't get a good shot the first grow cause the Master Kush just overgrew the Blue Mystic. I'm glad I decided to give it another grow, 1-2 weeks from harvest and she's looking like she's not gonna disappoint.;)

IMG_0002122.JPG

PS. Crawgal...sorry to hijack your journal. ;)

Thanks Stealthgrow! Love the pic you posted of the clone, what a beauty!!! Thanks for the sub dejayy3000!

Indoor Coco perlite Grow
2nd stage pots!

Day in Stage: 11 & 14
Watering: Watering with 6.2pH and 1/4 of nutes (TNT complex).
Temperature: 69-81F
Humidity: 44-54%

Moved the girls to their final pots 2 days ago, good thing too since both had roots hitting the bottom of their first stage pots. Their coco perlite is still a little moist to the touch, but looks like they were dying for some nutes. Apparently the Coco perlite doesn't really have any nutes so, will give them 1L of water with 1/4 nutes to keep them satisfied.

Both plants now have much fuller leaves. Hoping we get some nodes on both this week, fingers crossed!!

Both 3/31:
Both_331.jpg

Luke Day 11:
Luke_Day11a.jpg
Luke_Day11b.jpg

Leah Day 14:
Leah_Day_14a.jpg

Leah_Day14b.jpg

Hi Crawgal.:ciao:
The seedling are looking good and growing. You can really see the difference in your pics from last update to this one. I know it can be hard to wait to feed them, you just wanna give em that little extra boost... but caution is in order.;)

If you want to feed them I'm sure it won't kill them but go very light at first, I like your idea of trying 1/4 strength. If you have a PPM meter to read the dissolved solids in the water, try to keep the PM's under 200 this early in growth. Also If your using regular tap water, I'd wait a little longer for nutes, you can never be certain of water quality.

Good luck. ;) :popcorn:

Call your water and sanitation department to find out what nutrients are already in the water. Or your town may have a website that will let you know. I agree 200-400 ppm is what I give seedlings up until the 5th node then I go 400-600

Thanks stealthgrow, ajagunle, dejayy3000, doopie,& SmokerJoe for the likes & encouragement!

Indoor Coco perlite mix grow

Stage: Vegetative
Day in Stage: 1
Watering: Watered with 6.1pH and 1/4 of nutes (TNT complex).
Temperature: 70-75F
Humidity: 45-51%

Happy April everyone! Welcome also to Leah & Luke's vegetative stage. Today I gave the third 1l watering with 1.25ml of TNT complex (=1/4 strength) to the girls. Looks like they're starting to get some real leafage going. Temps are getting more stable, managed to get the temps between 70-75F the past couple days. Looking forward to seeing these grow up and smoking them...ahh

Quick question, so they're in vegetative stage now, when should I start reducing the light they get? I've been giving them 24/7 light since planting them...

Without any further delay check them out:
(Pics from today)

Both
Both_43.JPG

Leah
Leah_432.JPG
Leah_431.JPG

Luke
Luke_431.JPG

Luke_432.JPG

Thanks StealthGrow & SmokerJoe for the recommendation to pick up a PPM meter and figure out what nutes are already in the water. I'll look into getting one asap, can't believe didn't think about picking one up. Wish my town would post that kind of info online. I'll get on that PPM meter. Learning so much along the way, thanks folks for the support!!!

I reduce from 24/7 after the 5th node is formed. This current grow I only vegged for 1 month so I switched after 2 weeks

So 2 weeks 24/7 2 weeks 18/6 first 2 weeks of flower 12/12 rest of flower 11/13

Hi Crawgal. :ciao:

Your very welcome for the help and advise, that's what we are all here for. Pay it forward. ;)
Your plants are looking great. Lots of new growth happening.
As for your light schedule, its really up to you, you can leave it on 24/7 for veg or bring it down to 18/6 for veg. I personally veg in 18/6 cycle. Among other things, I have heard that the stretch happens a lot during the dark phase, as the plant is stretching out looking for light.

When you wanna start flowering, some people slowly take off an hour every day for the last few days to get to 12/12 or you can just flip them to 12/12 without the gradual decline in light hours. I personally just flip them, no hanky panky.
I don't grow in my home so I don't see the plants everyday.

Either way works, its really up to you and how much you wanna baby your plants.
Keep on growing.:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom