Super swollen calyx

Liqurd4tay0z

Hi everyone, I just wanted to get some input on calyx size and what it truly indicates. Im currently seeing massive calyx with no seeds popping out or male parts anywhere on the plants so far and I wanted to check and see if this was something to be concerned about. Like these things really are massive! The size of chocolate chips is what i would say is a good comparison.

Attachments

• 20200922_132510.jpg
    20200922_132510.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 168
Looks like a seed to me and looks like a nanner down in the left hand lower corner but hard to see.
Yup, thats what I was thinking but no seeds or nanners anywhere so far, just really swollen calyx's and a lot of resin :lot-o-toke:

Looks like a seed to me and looks like a nanner down in the left hand lower corner but hard to see.

How can you tell with that false color light that the OP decided to use when taking the picture?

How can you tell with that false color light that the OP decided to use when taking the picture?
But with the flash going off it makes the tricomes stand out against the green.

But, back to the question. I do not see anything out of the ordinary with the calyx size nor see any banana shaped parts. Probably wait several more days to a week and pop open one of the calyx. If there is a seed it should be noticable even if it is not close to ripe. If whatever is inside is just white colored plant material then it is a sign that things are going along as normal.

Looks just fine.

A friend use to help trim em up at the end of flowering & he would always pick off the calyx's for a smoke at a later date he use to call em little pouch's of resin.

Happy growing bud :green_heart:

Looks just fine.

A friend use to help trim em up at the end of flowering & he would always pick off the calyx's for a smoke at a later date he use to call em little pouch's of resin.

Happy growing bud :green_heart:
"Little pouch's of resin" I love it!! Hehe I'm gonna do that too :bong:

Calyxes do more than produce seed the provide entry points for new buds in other words sometimes when they swell they have a new bud forming inside just waiting to emerge.
Well they are all fairly fat like that so hopefully good things are coming

Back
Top Bottom