Super-Thrive: Is It Snake Oil?

^^Ok, keep us posted on how they're doing and what you think about ST. I don't have much experience with cloning but my seedlings get only water+Superthrive for the first 2-3 weeks.

I usually start with a few drops/gallon and work my way up to around 1/4tsp(1ml)- depending on the plant. But my guess is your clones will be fine. :tokin:

Thank you.....

I actually have a Q for you guys then...LOL....

I started my clones in the cloner as I stated above, I PHed the solution to 5.5 and let her go... so last night would be the end of the second (or 3rd???, either way...) day I had them in the cloner and a last second decision made me shut everything down and check the PH, it was running 6.8-7.0.... needless to say I freaked out and changed the solution and set it back up with some fresh water with a drop or 2 of superthrive per gallon along with a few ML per gal of hygrozyme and I dropped the PH back down to 5.5-.6. That was at 11:30pm last night, this morning @ 9 or so its back up in the mid 6's. I dropped it back down and will be checking it again in a bit but what would cause that? Everything was sanitized fairly well, I used only RO water.

light sch 18/6 (cant run 24/0 as I have mothers in the same room and dont have the option of separating them at this point in time and dont want to switch them back to 24/0, they've dealt with enough stress at this point)
No direct light yet, I have 2 23w CFL's way up high off to the side of them and one of my T8 lights are throwing some ambient light on them.
Room temps - 75
res temps 76-77 maintained with an aquarium heater
humidity 80+% (I know I dont need a dome on it but I have been using one because its helping keep temps and humidity up on the cuttings).

Any thoughts or ideas other than I probably shoulda posted this somewhere else but why start another thread..

I am a huge advocate of Super-Thrive and it is in no way "snake oil".

Super-Thrive is basically Vitamin B1 and Thamine. Thamine is a rooting stimulant that can be used on seedlings as well as newly cut clones. I also use Super-Thrive on any plant with signs or stress from transplant and it works wonders on them. The best part is the smallest amount, one drop, is all this is needed per. gallon of water. Because it contains no active fertilizers Super-Thrive has no chance of causing nutrient burn or any other damage for that matter, so one need not worry about giving it to their plants. Furthurmore, I have seen first hand the vigor Super-Thrive induces in struggling plants and I can tell you it does in fact work.

Super-Thrive DOES NOT increase bud size or yeilds and mind you this is not it's intended purpose. Most people gather this misconception from the advertisment which pictures super large fruit which they then equate to a wonder formula that will make their plants giants... not so. Rather, it is used as a quick and effective cure-all for immature and unhealthy plants.

About the only thing I dislike about Super-Thrive is the smell that just won't come off your hands. :peace:

ive had a shit time cloning with gels and now a heat mat and airstone doming..ect now all these and ST to my struggle soo i hope your right..and for 15$ a 60ML bottle it better help at the very least.. i hope but thanks for bringing up my optimism

if you feed some to your veggers a couple days prior to taking cuts, then give the clones some they are very vibrant thick roots that will come in.
Its great stuff, used it for years. never seen it tried in flower though

I use an oxy cloner with gel rooting agent, straight tap water and have an 95 percent success rate or better. I suggest investing in one. :yummy:

Attachments

• 5E7F1DA8-4619-4CCA-A48F-B49DE14E7645.jpeg
    5E7F1DA8-4619-4CCA-A48F-B49DE14E7645.jpeg
    616.7 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom