ORGunslinger

I'd like to share an interaction I had with the folks at SuperCloset (Grow Boxes | Grow Rooms | Hydroponic Grow Systems) today in hopes of helping others avoid the pitfalls of conducting business with this company.
----------
Original Email:

My wife and I will be relocating to Oregon in a few months and are planning to set up a Medical Marijuana grow site. We're interested in a large grow room/trailer and would be interested in discussing our options.

Thank You
----------
Reply:

Thank you kindly for your interest in our products.
We distribute our products worldwide. We are therefore governed by the most stringent laws in America, not the patchwork of lenient laws that have arisen from state to state.
Due to this, card holder or not, we are not able to knowingly provide you with one of our units if it is your intention to grow a controlled plant.
If you had an interest in growing any uncontrolled herb, spice, fruit, veggie, or plant, we would be happy to assist.
My apologies for any inconveniences this may represent.
----------
To which I responded:

Thank you for your reply. So...you know quite well what your products are going to be used for but the money is good so you'll continue to sell them as long as people lie to you about their intended use. I get it. We'll find a different vendor that isn't so disingenuous as to sell something that they know is predominantly used for only one thing, is specifically engineered to include features addressing the challenges associated with growing one particular thing, and which they hope will be marketed for them by the growers of one narrowly defined crop, all the while pretending that they occupy the moral high-ground and cannot sell to those very customers. I'm sure there are other vendors that will happy to earn the money that we might have spent with your company without insulting us. I'll be happy to pass on your perspective on the States' "patchwork of lenient laws" and your intimation that State Law compliant growers are somehow involved in unsavory activities that you deride even as you're cashing their checks...as long as they don't make you admit what you're doing.
----------
I would never consider doing business with this company no matter how good their products might be. I hope this revelation is useful to someone.

Exactly, they sell carbon air filters with the cabinet. Like you would need a carbon air filter if you were growing strawberries in that thing.

That's kind of how I figured it too. They know exactly what they're doing and are just trying to walk the "legality" fence and maintain their plausible deniability. I could even have understood if they'd said that because MJ is still "illegal" on the federal level, they couldn't buck interstate transport laws and we'd have to come pick things up in California. What they're doing is just chicken-shit.

You could build a room inside a room(like a garage) 10x10 for probabley less than the cost of 1 of those small cabinets.
Jorge Cervantes: Ultimate Grow Part 1/3 - YouTube

The max you could get off one of those cabinets is what 10-12 oz's a harvest.

We were planning on evaluating one of their containerized grow setups, probably a 40 footer or so, but they can go to hell now. I know I can build a better system than anything they make and can outdo them in harvest weight as well. I was considering giving them a go at making some money just to save the headache of putting it all together myself but obviously I would have been paying a premium to be talked down to and treated like an idiot. We'll do it ourselves and I'll send them some pictures of my first harvest for them to cry over :)

Dude you could make a sick set up. With all the materials at fn home depot or lowes. fuck those dudes. I am building a cabinet grow here in upstate ny. under 3 hundred bucks and because i already know how to fucking garden. there should be no problems. just trying to make sure my set up is right fr indoors. I have always grown veggies. but they have been outdoors. never grown dope. never needed too. but its the only thing that helps with my ptsd in all areas of the injury. i wish ya luck and if you need any help. let me know. we can do a punch list and figure out whats best for you and your soon to be set up.

Dude you could make a sick set up. With all the materials at fn home depot or lowes. fuck those dudes. I am building a cabinet grow here in upstate ny. under 3 hundred bucks and because i already know how to fucking garden. there should be no problems. just trying to make sure my set up is right fr indoors. I have always grown veggies. but they have been outdoors. never grown dope. never needed too. but its the only thing that helps with my ptsd in all areas of the injury. i wish ya luck and if you need any help. let me know. we can do a punch list and figure out whats best for you and your soon to be set up.

I was actually looking at one of their grow trailers simply to have a solution that could get us up and running in a short period of time. Once we get in-state, we'll have to find a suitable location for a larger scale grow and get all of the equipment delivered and set up but we could have got things rolling quicker and had some income being generated sooner with a turn-key solution. No problem. I'm a 20 year retired Army Engineer and I've been planning this for over a year now. I've got designs, equipment lists, wiring and plumbing plans, tons of research, all ready to pull the trigger. It will just take a while longer to get it all in place anbuild it all out. I'm not an inexperienced...tomato...grower so everything will work out. Thanks for the offer of your help and thank you even more for your service. Once we get things going I plan to document everything and I'll be starting a buildout thread here and a couple of other places.

Good luck with your project :)

Thanks man, I am hoping i can get it going. Thanks for your support. I was a tanker so we worked closely with you guys when we would do breaching operations. Much respect and love to you too. Its always the start up. and all these companies want to juice ya on these products. Or be douche bags and skirt a fine line of, " oh, i am only gonna grow tomamtoes. so please let me use your high powered lamps, carbon filtration and ozone machines to grow my ( super tomatoes). " Douche canoes. I like the creative DIY aspect of it. using my mellon to get shit done is the best.Well i am glad you have the back ground to build some high speed low drag shit! I cant wait to see the pics. good luck brother.

Back
Top Bottom