Supercropping accident

zzoomm100

So I was employing some supercropping techniques, crimping to be specific and when I bent the main stalk, it broke.
rsz_p5230007.jpg
rsz_p5230006.jpg

I tried to cinch it up with a twisty tie but as you can see, it looks like a compound fracture. Any advice on what to do? Do you think I'm gonna lose the plant? It's not broken clean through so I'm not freaking out about it.

I would bend it back up and try to push it back together. Then wrap some thin cardboard all the way around it, then tie that in place with some string. Maybe add a long plastic stick to help support it.

If it lives, then in about two to three days, loosen the string a bit. After a week, take the string off, leave the cardboard. It will falloff later on it's own.

You can save these most of the time. Though since you don't have any branches under the break, growth will slow a lot. Keep the nutes going, pH too. Maybe add a little humidity.

Prairie

tie it up very loosly with yarn give it room to swell because its going to. do this and youll be amazed at the out come. if there is another 30 days or so of light, the plant will bet a bubble there. ive also noticed the plant will have a new sence of vigor and grow a great flower above the bend!!
hurry and make sure its loose but sturdy. ive even put a vita. b on the stem where it was damaged. every single time ive been suprised. somethime it stunts the plant but always snaps out of it.
peace and best of luck

use small sticks or old stems like a old time leg brace!
foiler feed it with thrive alive something to get more neuts to the effected area.
put something from above up and then tie the top of the plant to iy to give it support!! ive these spring loaded hook type contraptions. would work perfect
best of luck. it can be saved into something great. i used to do this on purpose. the flower above the break is fanominal!

Thanks for the advice fellas.

What I decided to do was bend it the other way so the weight of the lean closes the split. It's just part of my philosophy of letting the plant grow as naturally as possible. If this happened in nature, it would probably find a way to recover so let's see what happens. I'm hoping that it will knuckle up and show some vigor like 68camaro says. I'll post some pictures later just as a reference should this happen to someone else.

This plant is a Kali Mist, 32 days into vegging so I don't even know if it's a female. I just took clones and was about to flip to 12/12 but now I wait some more.

Peace.

as long as she gets straight has time to recover and then resume its natural duties youll be fine. the first time i did this it was accident. the second time was totally on purpose. the bud above the kink was tripple the size of the others. great luck, i wish you the best!

So it's now day 19 of flower and this Kali Mist plant did in fact knuckle up and recover. The break caused the plant to transfer it's growth to the limbs and it's now growing like it's under a natural LST.

Oh yeah, it's a female too.;)
rsz_p6150008.jpg
rsz_p6150009.jpg

So it's now day 19 of flower and this Kali Mist plant did in fact knuckle up and recover. The break caused the plant to transfer it's growth to the limbs and it's now growing like it's under a natural LST.

Oh yeah, it's a female too.;)
rsz_p6150008.jpg
rsz_p6150009.jpg
Little late the thread here, but how long did you noticed stunted growth? Or how long till it started to grow again. I accidently did something similar to mine, but mine didnt break, justa hard kink, but had stunted growth now for about 4 or 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom