Supergroomer Goes Big

Here are the girls.

Dream Machine

20150614_091425_resized.jpg

Incredible Bulk

20150614_091406_resized.jpg

:peace:

Supergroomer I've just seen your pics and have what may sound like a silly question. I've asked somewhere before but never really received a definitive answer so here goes; I noticed that you first pot into small pots, and I'm guessing you'll later transplant into bigger pots. Is there a reason for doing this rather than planting directly into larger pots? Thanks for any reply in advance, it's just I wonder about these things (I planted directly into large pots myself this time around and it doesn't seem to have made a difference). All the best :thumb:

Supergroomer I've just seen your pics and have what may sound like a silly question. I've asked somewhere before but never really received a definitive answer so here goes; I noticed that you first pot into small pots, and I'm guessing you'll later transplant into bigger pots. Is there a reason for doing this rather than planting directly into larger pots? Thanks for any reply in advance, it's just I wonder about these things (I planted directly into large pots myself this time around and it doesn't seem to have made a difference). All the best :thumb:

I depends. Sometimes I am lazy and leave it in a 2 gal pot. If is something I am doing a short veg on (4-6 weeks) I may just leave that in a 2g. The ones I want in vegging longer I will usually put in a 3 gal pot. I have not gone up to 5 gal yet. These 2 may be the first for me to put in that large a pot. :peace:

My understanding of the graduated pot method is: Roots will grow straight down until they hit a stop and then grow outward. By starting in a small pot the roots will fill the whole pot creating a more full and rounded root ball. If you start in a large pot the root may not bottom out and spread through the pot until the plant is large and hungry. More roots, more food, more buds :)

OK so it's better to get those root balls going over just letting them spread in a larger pot? I think that's what I'm getting from the replies anyway :volcano-smiley: I'll try starting them in smaller pots next time, although I'd hope not to leave them to grow so big as these beasts grew in the large pots :) Thanks for the help :thumb:

To get the best use of LED lights, yes, you need to train the plants to get the canopy even. I still recommend the graduated pot system to build a nice root system in the future. You are doing great so far. What is the next size pot you will replant to? I go from 16oz cups to an 8" nursery pot (aprox 1 gal/2 Litre) for the veg cycle. Then after sexing I go to a 12 or 14" pot for flower. (Depending on the thriftiness of the plant).

I'm pretty wary about trying to train plants GhettoGro. I'm a heavy handed guy with fat fingers and even just trying to move branches out of the way I've snapped some. Second best thing I'm considering are some side lighting, next on the agenda :)

I'm pretty wary about trying to train plants GhettoGro. I'm a heavy handed guy with fat fingers and even just trying to move branches out of the way I've snapped some. Second best thing I'm considering are some side lighting, next on the agenda :)

Training is not so tough, especially if you start while they are young. I put binder clips around the edge of my pots and that gives me tie down points. I use some light twine I got from the dollar store. It was cheap. I think i cost about a dollar :) I just have not done training on my girls (except for fimming and defoling) since I moved into my tents. I did it in my smaller space to try to make the most of my room. I moved to my "Larger" digs and I stopped. I need to go back to it. My space is not THAT big. :) Just bigger then what I had. :peace:

Y'all need to see my very first grow journal. I was so reluctant to touch my plants, but the grow was saved by taking drastic measures (tying over). I have a thread here somewhere that references my first grow.

These are thrifty weeds, they can take a lot of punishhment. "Tie Ya Momma Down" ~Queen

SuperGroomer has experienced this. Great advice SG.

HOWDY SUPER!

I'm really excited you are growing Dream Machine! I've been interested in the strain, but very few people have posted journals/reviews on it. Definitely going to following along on this one!

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world CC. Sorry to hear about your worms. :) I wasn't able to find any reviews on the DM either so I figured it looked good, let's give it a try. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom