Supergroomer Tries to Clone with the Clone King 25

$250 ? That's a bargain. With my medical card in my state it is $560 /oz. :jawdropper:

That is wrong on so many levels, first of all what happened to the logic that legalization will ruin the underground criminal network, if anything this will encourage it....In Toronto an oz can cost upwards of 300 which i find ridiculous

I'm looking forward to hearing about your success......I am the worst cloner EVER. I have 4 beautiful WW clones growing right now out of....like 100. I'd have better luck throwing them over my shoulder out the window lol......

I'm looking forward to hearing about your success......I am the worst cloner EVER. I have 4 beautiful WW clones growing right now out of....like 100. I'd have better luck throwing them over my shoulder out the window lol......

That is basically my story. I decided if I was going to try to grow enough to make RSO for myself and another, I was going to have to get better at cloning. I saw this and the advertised "near 100% success rate" and I had to find out more. Nobody responded to my question of "who has used this?" so I decided to try it out for myself. It cost less then 1 order of seeds.

I will check the clones on Saturday and change the water. I am assuming I will be putting them back for another week. :peace:

Wow that looks cool Roach. Here is my (unsuccessful) clone rig......Clone gel, Rapid Rooter cubes, humidity dome, Air pump/diffuser and heating pad. I thought I had it licked with the heating pad as the clones remained vibrant a few days longer.....But most would turn yellow and die before rooting. I did not see any difference between the Rapid rooter cubes or the Rockwool I had originally tried.

20150604_200733.jpg

I'm lucky to have this great WW mother plant that throws out nodes like she was made for cloning! Especially since I am definitely not.

20150604_200618.jpg

Super, please let me know how the RSO goes too. I am very interested in making some myself

Wow that looks cool Roach. Here is my (unsuccessful) clone rig......Clone gel, Rapid Rooter cubes, humidity dome, Air pump/diffuser and heating pad. I thought I had it licked with the heating pad as the clones remained vibrant a few days longer.....But most would turn yellow and die before rooting. I did not see any difference between the Rapid rooter cubes or the Rockwool I had originally tried.

20150604_200733.jpg

I'm lucky to have this great WW mother plant that throws out nodes like she was made for cloning! Especially since I am definitely not.

20150604_200618.jpg

Super, please let me know how the RSO goes too. I am very interested in making some myself

I will let you know. :peace:

Little late, but sub'd.

For y'all looking for a cheap 9 site cloner:

IMG_20141205_095702704.jpg
IMG_20141128_113151326_HDR.jpg
IMG_20141121_213028209.jpg
IMG_20141031_210859.jpg
IMG_20141031_173714249_HDR.jpg

5 gal bucket w/ lid, free (already had it)
A little tubing & emittors cost about $8
Neoprene inserts, 50¢ each.
Submersible pump, was like $20.

Boom... 9 site aeroponic cloner for about $25.

Change out the 5 gal bucket & use a small plastic tote tub & add more tubing/emittors and you have a 50+ site cloner.

Little late, but sub'd.

For y'all looking for a cheap 9 site cloner:

IMG_20141205_095702704.jpg
IMG_20141128_113151326_HDR.jpg
IMG_20141121_213028209.jpg
IMG_20141031_210859.jpg
IMG_20141031_173714249_HDR.jpg

5 gal bucket w/ lid, free (already had it)
A little tubing & emittors cost about $8
Neoprene inserts, 50¢ each.
Submersible pump, was like $20.

Boom... 9 site aeroponic cloner for about $25.

Change out the 5 gal bucket & use a small plastic tote tub & add more tubing/emittors and you have a 50+ site cloner.

Welcome to my little cloning party Cajun! :peace:

clonerinside.jpg
I have never tried rapid rooters mysef, but when using rockwool cubes I had a high mortality rate; most of my clones would not make it after the first 48 hrs. It was really sad to look at them all wilted and lifeless after the first night or few ours even.
I had tried with a fogger before (from an old humidyfier) and the clones did very well for the first week or so, but my constant tampering resulted in the piezoelectric element burning and all clones dying on me.
Went back to rockwool but since then I moved to a location where it was not available, so I decided to search the fórums for a permanent solution to my problem.
So far so good; these are clones of my first set of clones (15 of 15 survived and rooted), and after 3 days in the cloning machine, they look very healthy (no roots yet) they usually start rooting after 8 days.
clonerinside.jpg
stemsinfog.jpg
improvedfloater.jpg
3dayclones.jpg

Super, I hope you will be soon enjoying a much higher survival rate with the new propagator. Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is RSO? A cannabis extract?
I was thinking of making some extracts myself.
Best of luck

clonerinside.jpg

I have never tried rapid rooters mysef, but when using rockwool cubes I had a high mortality rate; most of my clones would not make it after the first 48 hrs. It was really sad to look at them all wilted and lifeless after the first night or few ours even.
I had tried with a fogger before (from an old humidyfier) and the clones did very well for the first week or so, but my constant tampering resulted in the piezoelectric element burning and all clones dying on me.
Went back to rockwool but since then I moved to a location where it was not available, so I decided to search the fórums for a permanent solution to my problem.
So far so good; these are clones of my first set of clones (15 of 15 survived and rooted), and after 3 days in the cloning machine, they look very healthy (no roots yet) they usually start rooting after 8 days.
clonerinside.jpg
stemsinfog.jpg
improvedfloater.jpg
3dayclones.jpg

Super, I hope you will be soon enjoying a much higher survival rate with the new propagator. Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is RSO? A cannabis extract?
I was thinking of making some extracts myself.
Best of luck

RSO stands for Rick Simpson Oil (also called just cannabis oil). He did not invent it, but he made it more common and was one of the pioneers in using it for curing cancer and other ailments. If you are looking to make extractions and infusions, I would highly recommend the Magical Butter Machine also. I make infused coconut oil, butter and tinctures and I don't know what I did without it!!! It is a great product and well worth the money. Shoot me a PM if you want some more info. :peace:

I want that Magical Butter Machine so bad...
If Im not wrong they give one of those as prize for the nug of the month contest. So there is a small to not-so-small possibility of having it for free.
Ive been thinking of buying a desktop vaporizer, a portable one and one of those stainless steel devices for making BHO so I can squeeze every single drop of thc out of my weed.
I will definitely buy this butter machine as soon as I can.
Thxs and good luck with ladies!

Cool, cloning is an awesome skill to have. It seems we took clones on the same day. My clones are 11 days too. If you give me permission I will post a pic of how they do by day 11.
Congrats for the babies! Reps+

Hope you don't mind me posting pics in your journal Super! Adding one of these ultrasonic fogger units might speed rooting time a bit!
WP_20150611_008.jpg
WP_20150611_006.jpg

Until a few weeks ago my survival rate was less than %40, now it is a 100% All thanks to a tutorial found here in :420:

Hope you don't mind me posting pics in your journal Super! Adding one of these ultrasonic fogger units might speed rooting time a bit!
WP_20150611_008.jpg
WP_20150611_006.jpg

Until a few weeks ago my survival rate was less than %40, now it is a 100% All thanks to a tutorial found here in :420:

Not at all. Hapyy to have the pics. Those clones look great!! :peace:

Hey Super

All things considered, I AM a noob, still working through my first grow. I have learned a lot from this site but still like to share things I have learned through other means.

So far I have cut 50 clones this spring that I have only lost 3.

I thought I would share with you and others how I clone as I buy no rooting hormone. I prefer to stay organic as much as possible.

This is something I have learned from NON cannabis sites. Willow Water

If you have willow (any type) in your area, cut newer growth (yellow/green stems) into 1" pieces. Soak about a quart of these cuttings in 1 gallon of distilled water for atleast 2 days. Soak what ever medium you are using in the willow water. Put some willow water in a cup and put your cuttings in it until you put them in the medium. Put the cuttings in your dome and spray with some willow water and put them under a CFL at temps between 70 to 80 degrees.

Within 5 days you should start seeing roots long enough to take the first clones out of the dome. I wait till I see atleast 3 good roots (about 3/4 to 1" long) before taking them out. Within 14 days 90%+ should be rooted.

Super, you can likely use this willow water in your cloner as well though I would suggest straining it through a coffee filter first to prevent clogging you misters.

Back
Top Bottom