SuperNova's Indoor Grow 2010

Supernova

Welcome to my grow journal everyone. This journal is updates from the very very beginning of my grow, to the end so you can see all the progression when starting from a seed (which I don't see much of, so I hope this is helpful to some people). Thanks for checking it out and remember, I do constant updates! So make sure you always come back and check it out. :thumb:

This is my second grow after my first one was just a practice and the only plant I grew became a male. So now it's time for round two, and now that I kind of got the hang of things, hopefully this grow will turn out a bit better. Also, I am keeping the male in a separate room. I may use him later in life to start on my own strain. Something I have always dreamed of!

On with the new grow! I just germinated two seeds 3 days ago. One took off, and the other did not. I just transplanted the one seed into a styrofoam cup. Once it breaks out of the dirt and takes off a bit, I will transplant it of course. I am leaving the other seed to see if it will still germinate, but just in case, I put two more seeds in there. I hope to get one or two of them out of the deal so that I have two or three plants to work with.

I sadly do not know the strain. These are seeds that I have collected through out the years. But these seeds are still special. Each one that I have saved and collected were the one rare seed that you will randomly get when you get when getting a bag of well known weed. I know that I have a single seed from, Sour D, Grand Daddy Purp, Blue Dream, Northern Lights, and some others that I don't totally remember. I have been saving them until I moved into a bigger place, and here I am! I should have kept each seed separate and labeled them so I would know which was which, but sadly I was dumb enough to just throw them all together. So now it's going to be a surprise to see what is what if some of them take off properly.

And as my title says, it's going to be indoor. It's obviously too cold to grow outside at the moment, but I have no way of growing outdoors anyways. So most of my grows you are going to see is going to be indoor. I am using soil for my babies. I am so into my grow, that I am using my very own soil that I mixed up myself. So I am sorry that I can not give you a brand or the mixes. As I stated before, I put the seed in a cup for now, but I am planing on transplanting my baby into a 3 gallon pot once it has proven to me that it is well enough. The light is 3 inches above my baby. The current temp in it's area is 73 degrees F. I just recently watered it with bottled water that I left out during the days it was germinating. And I won't be giving it any kind of ferts until I see more progress.

new_baby_006.jpg
new_baby_011.jpg

Good start, hope it pans out for you.

I don't think you'll need to transplant until a few sets of true leaves appear. Shouldn't need nutes for the first two weeks of "true" veg.

What type on nutes are you planning on using? What are you going to be flowering under? (lights)

Good start, hope it pans out for you.

I don't think you'll need to transplant until a few sets of true leaves appear. Shouldn't need nutes for the first two weeks of "true" veg.

What type on nutes are you planning on using? What are you going to be flowering under? (lights)

First of all... I love King of the Hill, so I love your name Dusty Old Bones... FULL OF GREEN DUST! lol

Right now I have my one plant only under two 100W CFLs. Once they pop up and more of my seedlings get going, then I will step up my light game. :D

I actually have a few nutes that I am going to try out on different plants to see which is actually better. (I got some from a friend, and I bought some from my first plant, then recently I saw some new one I wanted to try out.) I want whats best, so since I am growing with a few plants this time, this would be a great test. Because I want whats right for when I start up my very own strain. :ganjamon: I have Fox Farm, Natures Creation Oraganic Plant Food, and Hasta Gro Organic Plant Food. One of them I bought online, and as I said a friend gave me one, and I bought the other at the store.

Once I transplant them and finally start giving them nutes, I will mark which has which. So that you guys can also see which product seems to work faster or better.

Thanks for asking man! :thumb: I guess I forgot to give out that info originally. My bad. :p

Cool beans...

Yeah, the last time I was in the states a friend of mine had that show on dvd. I couldn't stop laughing after that kid starts hounding hank and hank says "....green dust?" Goodness, i just had to take a break so I could keep my composure.

Nutes sound good, just wanted to make sure you weren't going to give them some sort of generic plant food.

For $70 you could get a 150w HPS that would help a lot, plus it won't really raise temps.

Cool beans...

Yeah, the last time I was in the states a friend of mine had that show on dvd. I couldn't stop laughing after that kid starts hounding hank and hank says "....green dust?" Goodness, i just had to take a break so I could keep my composure.

Nutes sound good, just wanted to make sure you weren't going to give them some sort of generic plant food.

For $70 you could get a 150w HPS that would help a lot, plus it won't really raise temps.

I would never give my babies generic plant food! I am a super n00b but I know that crap would just pretty much destroy my babies lol.

Yeah, I was worried about temps since my baby is in the closet for now. Plus, I do not have a lot of money at the moment which is perfect since they have not poked out of the dirt yet. I at least have my lights set up to a timer, which I am grateful for. But I am sure once they start coming out to greet the world, I will have enough money to get better lights.

Thanks for all your help so far. You are very nice! :thanks: I can't wait to post pics of my little sproutlings once they come up!! >.<

Hahaha, that I am Wingman420, that I am...

Hello everyone! New update is finally here! My first baby has finally decided she wanted to greet the world and say hello. :morenutes:

I just changed the lights to go into 18/6 hours and added a extra light for now. I checked my seeds and only one more is slowly popping it's root out. The others are doing nothing at all. So hopefully in the next day or so, I can plant the second plant that's germinating. :D

Now behold! Wee little baby plant pics! Hahaha, at least it's on it's way!

sproutling_10_20_10_003.jpg
sproutling_10_20_10_002.jpg
sproutling_10_20_10_001.jpg

Well, I saw the little girl showing a little late last night. But she was barely peeking. Then this morning I got up, checked in, and there she was! :yummy:

Indeed Dusty Old Bones! Hopefully these are going to be girls!

New update!

I am having super bad luck... let me tell you why. So at first I tried germinating two seeds. Only one sprouted the root (the one that is a actual plant at the moment) so I left the one that did not germinate (just in case) then added 3 more seeds. I left them in there for a long time, and only one more seed was starting to poke it's root out. Not like the first one at all, the seed was just splitting and only a little white was poking out. I left the seed in there for days and it pretty much stayed the same and all the other seeds did nothing. So I started to smell a little mold in my container (since it has been awhile) so I quickly planted the seed that was barely germinated and gave up on the others since no progression was being shown.

So out of all those seeds, I only have one plant, and one that has been planted for a while now (and still nothing has come up, but it might be awhile.) and I was hoping to at least have three plants. :C I am hoping that at least one out the two will be my female. Though the plant that is a plant now is taking off nicely and I am having a irking feeling that it is my Grand Daddy Purp seed since it has shown me some slight stripes of purple on the leaves, but it is still too young and too little to tell yet.

Here is another part of the bad luck... I was taking pictures of my wee seedling to show everyone how well it's being, and now I can't find my camera's cord to connect it to my computer... So now I do not know if I have to get a new cord for my camera or what. But for now I can not update my photos until I find or get a new cord... or I could use my phone's camera, but that camera is obviously way crummier then my actual camera. GAH!!! What a stream of bad luck!!!:lot-o-toke:

Hopefully I will get some new photos to you guys real real soon! One way or another!

Update!!!

Here is a pic of my plant at 1 week old. It's a bit small I think for a week old, but the leafs are getting bigger and thicker. It is showing more signs that it might be my grand daddy purp seed. Under the leafs, there is purple, and it's really pretty. I am pretty proud of her so far. The other seed still had not popped out of the soil, but I am going to give it some more time. :popcorn: Sorry for the shitty quality pic. I had to use my cell phones camera for this update.

seedling_of_awesome.JPG

UPDATE!!!:

After days of searching, I found my cameras cord! Woo! So now I can post better pictures again! Just in time too, I know it has only been two days since my last picture, but this morning when I checked on it, my plant kind of had a exploding growth spurt. It's turning out so nicely! She is still very healthy and is taking off! Perhaps it is because I know what the hell I am doing this time! >.< The lights are still only 3 inches above since I still have only CFLs on her. I do not see a reason to upgrade my light system just yet. Especially since the other plant has not popped out yet, I am afraid it never will. So out of like 6 seeds I tried germinating, this was the only plant that actually survived! Hopefully it is my little girl! The lights are still obviously on 18/6 hours. I think it is showing me that it is more Indica dominate, making me believe more that this may be that Grand Daddy Purp. Oh what a day it would be if I found out it is indeed my little girl and that it is defiantly my Grand Daddy Purp! I would faint from pure bliss. But we shall see, it could just be yet another manly man. lol. But I am staying hopeful. :blunt:

mother_nug_and_baby_plant_10_29_10_012.jpg
mother_nug_and_baby_plant_10_29_10_011.jpg
mother_nug_and_baby_plant_10_29_10_010.jpg

Good looking start to the grow m8, im keeping my eyes open and grabbing a joint to watch. Keep up the good work!:thumb:

O, and welcome to page 2 of your journal :)

Thank you Bud08. :D

So, I just transplanted my baby. I saw that her roots were poking out the holes at the bottom of my cup, so I figured it was time. The transplanting was kind of rough though... I have read to not touch the roots, but I did a couple of times. >.< I totally did not mean to though, it took me awhile to realize that I was holding on to a side where her roots where. I hope I did not already screw this up. But I transplanted her into a half a gallon pot for now. I gave her some water since I did not want her go into shock. Especially since she fell over a little bit while I transplanted her, but I made sure she was upright after she was securely in her new home. Let us hope she is a sturdy female! >.<

Have not read about not touching the roots. When I transplant other stuff, flowers, etc, I am very rough with the root systems, sometimes cutting them because they are root bound. I think all have lived. Being that this is a weed, I think we want to be careful but it should be able to handle some touching. Just my opinion though. Trying to make you feel better.... :;):

Update!!!!

Here is my baby now at 3 weeks. I took these pictures yesterday, and already she is a bit taller and the smaller leaves are bigger. In less then a week, I will be changing up the light system to go on to 12/12 hours. Of course I will do this gradually during the week. Hopefully this is going to be my proud little girl! Wish me luck!

baby_plant_11_9_10_004.jpg
baby_plant_11_9_10_003.jpg
baby_plant_11_9_10_002.jpg
baby_plant_11_9_10_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom