Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Not impressed never seen any difference

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • wouldnt use it waste of money

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Purple Goose

Just wanted to get opinions on the use of superthrive in growing medical cannabis wanted to see if its useful or not and want to see what kind of results people are getting from it and what not.

Oh I have heard that it will lengthen the flowering process any truth in this and if so when do you discontinue use?

Ya, I use it, all throughout veg and flowering.

I do not know what the ingredients are, but they claim to be an assortment of micro and trace nutrients, minerals, etc... basically, a lot of stuff that I know is not included in my normal nutes, because I do have the ingredient lists for those.

I also supplement with cal/mag plus iron as I find that the nutes I use, while they provide some cal and mag, do not provide enough.

I highly recommend it -- I can not say absolutely how effective it is, as I've never run a side by side comparison, but I'm satisfied.

I've only tried it once and it did nothing for me. Nothing that wow'd me. Didn't see much of a difference. I'm going to try one more time and see how it goes. I'll let you know.

it's good stuff, in moderation.

surely, you can use it with every watering (drop or two per gallon) but in my opinion that will only give your plant a tolerance to the product (similar to how some grows start nutes at half strength and work up to full strength).

i tend to give a bit of superthrive to the girls after i transplant them, then once again at the middle of veg (day 12 of 25) and then finally i give it a lil shot of superthrive on the first day and the middle day of flowering. (and if i do something stupid like stress the plant, i'll use it.)

:thumb:

Just wanted to get opinions on the use of superthrive in growing medical cannabis wanted to see if its useful or not and want to see what kind of results people are getting from it and what not.

Oh I have heard that it will lengthen the flowering process any truth in this and if so when do you discontinue use?

I use superthrive mainly for beginning roots and transplanting. I use it when rooting clones and starting seeds, very little tho. I will use a little bit 2 or 3 days before transplanting from veg to flower. I noticed my plants are alot less if any stressed with superthrive. I think superthrive is basically a humic acid thats it. I don't remmy where I heard that.

I havent heard anything about superthrive lengthening your flower time. I know that adding nitrogen will doo that. Most folks slack off the nitrogen late in flower stage. But if you kept giving it nitrogen I bet you will see a longer flower time. Don't hold me to this as I am still learning as I grow.

Just my 2 cents....:bong:

I use superthrive mainly for beginning roots and transplanting. I use it when rooting clones and starting seeds, very little tho. I will use a little bit 2 or 3 days before transplanting from veg to flower. I noticed my plants are alot less if any stressed with superthrive. I think superthrive is basically a humic acid thats it. I don't remmy where I heard that.

I havent heard anything about superthrive lengthening your flower time. I know that adding nitrogen will doo that. Most folks slack off the nitrogen late in flower stage. But if you kept giving it nitrogen I bet you will see a longer flower time. Don't hold me to this as I am still learning as I grow.

Just my 2 cents....:bong:

Really never heard that about nitrogen lengthening flower myself I have actually seen a few articles that show that cannabis's nitrogen intake increases from intake during veg when in flower as well as phosphorus but basically nitrogen is always the most used nutrient.

Cateros,

I can't hear the video. That is normal for me since I am deaf lol I thought it was an article if you have a written article somewhere I would love to read it.

I always take Big Mike's works with a grain of salt because he has a nute company. If there was a person who speaks for say General Hydroponics or Root organics, it would be the same thing for me. I will try to locate the article I saw about Nitrogen and longer flowering times. This will have to be another experiment of mine down the road to see if this holds any weight.

There is a link under the video to the great phosphorus myth pdf .
But the gist of it all is that during flower nitrogen phosphorus and pottasium all increase but phosphorus intake only doubles from what it was at during veg and nitrogen an potassium both increase by 10% from veg. So bascially big mike Says to use your base nutrient mix then add something like Big bud that is 0-1-3 opposed to Gh Kool bloom that is 2-10-10 for liquid and 0-42-2 for the powder

Cateros,

I can't hear the video. That is normal for me since I am deaf lol I thought it was an article if you have a written article somewhere I would love to read it.

I always take Big Mike's works with a grain of salt because he has a nute company. If there was a person who speaks for say General Hydroponics or Root organics, it would be the same thing for me. I will try to locate the article I saw about Nitrogen and longer flowering times. This will have to be another experiment of mine down the road to see if this holds any weight.

I did find in the problem solver articles on this board that nitrogen toxicity will delay flowering is that what you were thinking of possibly?

I did find in the problem solver articles on this board that nitrogen toxicity will delay flowering is that what you were thinking of possibly?

Yes,

That is exactly what I meant. The delay will result from a higher nitrogen toxicity. So if someone wanted to delay the flowering time due to say a vacation or emergency, then one could add some nitrogen to delay the flowering time. I have heard a couple of caregivers in Montana doing this. I have yet to try and will do in due time.

CGs

Cateros,

I have found him to be very accurate especially when it comes to nutes he does reccomend other companies products if he finds them to be better then his own like Roots Excelurator. And when I found out that AN is the only nute company who is licenced to grow medical cannabis and they base all there nutrients on growing cannabis for max yield and potency. There is a video journal of a nutrient test of AN vs Botanicare , GH, DNF, and cant rememer the last one the comparison was to see which company produced the biggest yield and highest potency for yield and potency AN won of course with a yield of 2.1 lbs per light and potency of 22% next for potency was botanicare with potency of 18.9% and yield of 1.45 lbs . GH came in last with potency at 6.8% but second for yield and to tell the truth I kinda think it might be pretty accurate as I have seen incredible yields with GH nutes but potency is better when the formula is switched to the lucas formula over GH's.

This is some very interesting reading. The scientific papers were a bit over my head, but thanks for breaking it down for us....

Hey Caregivers, I'm deaf too. Lol Happy growing.

since I try and avoid nitrates in my food whenever possible, I also shy away from superthive.
when I heard it was designed to grow plants on navy ships at sea, i got even more scared...do you know how toxic an environment a navy ship at sea is to plants? anything that can make a plant grow there, sounds very unnatural and a bit scary to me.

I have mainly used it in veg transplant & Cloning. I did have some Plants get toasted by Humboldts Gravity the first time I used the Gravity and I Foliar sprayed it on the plants and was amazed at how they greened back up I even had one that was Really Fried Crispy Brown and some of the buds actually turned back to a light green. So for what ever it's worth I'm impresses.

During veg and inFFOF it is GREAT! Dont use during FLOWERING thought it was for good overall root and veg health? Please tell me if not true!

Back
Top Bottom