Supplemental LEDs

Buckshot, can you expand on this idea? I'm not seeing how tilting the panel will give you more light.

Sure check out my feeble stick pic LOL. If you move them out and put a slight tilt you can get more side light to the lower buds. Put a third or forth panel in there and you have light all around. The new panel I am waiting for expands on that theory. I need to see and feel it before I talk about it ... soon!!!

tilt.JPG

There are a couple of things you need to think about with this method. First, You're going to lose light from a portion of the LED's that are "behind" your upper colas. This will leave dark spots on the lower portions of the opposing plant. Secondly, the Panel MUST be designed to do this. It would require different angled reflectors. Third, penetration is the issue still with LED's As you can see from your drawing, the plants are still getting light in the same areas, but in the former of the 2 the light has to travel farther to hit the sides of the other plants. I'd love to see the info they send you or the company advertising this (PM me if you need to).

There are a couple of things you need to think about with this method. First, You're going to lose light from a portion of the LED's that are "behind" your upper colas. This will leave dark spots on the lower portions of the opposing plant. Secondly, the Panel MUST be designed to do this. It would require different angled reflectors. Third, penetration is the issue still with LED's As you can see from your drawing, the plants are still getting light in the same areas, but in the former of the 2 the light has to travel farther to hit the sides of the other plants. I'd love to see the info they send you or the company advertising this (PM me if you need to).

I am not going to argue. I will document it with images ... you do know the ladies are smart and lean into the light ... right?

Back
Top Bottom