Sure to Grow

how do you expect to get a response to a post like this? I am only responding to it to point this out to you.....

StG is supposed to be pH-neutral so no pre-prep needed before using.

I've never used it. Thought about it.

Nah. It'd have to provide more benefit (to me) than I perceive to be likely. If I still suffered RW it'd be different. But a pinch of perlite and vermiculite works a charm and a quick dip and rinse afterwards and the roots are pristine.

Still got friends that use RW starter cubes, so I'm interested - just not interested to break down and spend a buck, lol.

If they cured insomnia, I'd be on 'em for sure.

STG i really like the shit their is no pre-prep is great i still like rockwool for cutting but i use STG hail in my dwc it works great you should give it a try

I'm not a big fan of plastics. I realize that I think this thought as I type the words on plastic keys, lol, and that a LARGE part of the materials in our lives are at least partially made up of plastic. And this is a recycled - or at least recyclable - product, which is a favorable aspect.

But I'd be a lot more inclined to use it if it were made of cannabis (hemp) or some kind of plant-derived cellulose instead of a petrochemical product.

They also don't recommend reusing their product multiple times. (I have no idea whether or not it can be reused; I just read it in their faq.)

here a pic of a plant in dwc using STG(hail) not the best pic but the stuff is great.I dont reuse STG the roots are all threw the shit
rsz_dscn1628.jpg

compared to rock wool?

Uh, I have no idea what you're asking here.

It sounds like some sort of riddle. One that even stoners wouldn't get. LOL

So I did a little online search and found out more about the grow cubes. It doesn't look like it's going to be anything more helpful, IMHO.

I mean, it also talks about being great for growing things in the garden, and I dont' know if that's goign to help MJ too. I'm a skeptic by nature though, so I'm not sure what to believe.

I would focus on what works for yoru plants, not on what these boards necessarily tell you. I mean, everyone's got an a--hole, just like everyone has an opinion. LOL

Do what works. That's the best advice.

Uh, I have no idea what you're asking here.

The member was wondering how Sure to Grow products compare to rockwool (if you're from somewhere other than the USA, it might have a different product name; I believe I might have read it referred to as stonewool in Great Britian.).

STG i really like the shit their is no pre-prep is great i still like rockwool for cutting but i use STG hail in my dwc it works great you should give it a try

I have seen others have good results with the STG hail. I have never used the hail but I have used the starter cubes. STAY AWAY! For whatever reason they do not work well with seedlings. Perhaps the weave of the material is too tight, I have no idea, but the seedling roots do not thrive in the STG starter cubes. For more information you can search for a Caramelicious thread under my handle or the first journal done recently by Mr. Krip

i have tried the starter cubes 1.5x1.5 cubes i don't like them for cutting that is the STG brand i like rockwool cubes for cutting but you should give hail a try in dwc works great just started one put a G-13 will post pic later:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom