Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

SORRY,SORRY, SORRY!!!:adore::adore::adore: I was looking at wri's thread before this One, So Stupid!!!:bigblush: Well I knew who I was writing, But I had a Brain Fart. Anyways SB, I meant every word I said,Damn I feel FOOLISH!!!:bitingnails: You call Me Martha, or Whatever You want!!! Anyways, after I Smoke for the first Time, Who Knows What I'll Call You!!!:blunt: Take Care SB. SINCERELY, BOBTHEGREEN, LOL!!!:thumb:

Great job SB!!!

I started trying the 2L DWC Hempy deal and it's working awesome.....

The only problem I'm having is using my organic BPNs. I need to dial in the feed schedule. Right now they are showing signs of being low on cal/mag and Nitrogen. I'll have it straightened out soon though.

The airstone is definitely worth it if you can put one in. I have 2 going with an airstone and 2 without and the 2 with are looking mucho happier!!
I have a quart size, 2L, and 2 one gallon apple juice containers so far.

I am also trying to clone using this method. I got the idea from you and sqwheels. I am going to try a bigger clone where the bottom is sitting in the water like sqwheels but with an airstone and coco up top.

Great job SB!!!

I started trying the 2L DWC Hempy deal and it's working awesome.....

The only problem I'm having is using my organic BPNs. I need to dial in the feed schedule. Right now they are showing signs of being low on cal/mag and Nitrogen. I'll have it straightened out soon though.

The airstone is definitely worth it if you can put one in. I have 2 going with an airstone and 2 without and the 2 with are looking mucho happier!!
I have a quart size, 2L, and 2 one gallon apple juice containers so far.

I am also trying to clone using this method. I got the idea from you and sqwheels. I am going to try a bigger clone where the bottom is sitting in the water like sqwheels but with an airstone and coco up top.

Thanks James! Yeah those 2L DWC are awesome! I haven't tried BPN's organic line... you should PM corey, he's more than happy to help/investigate/dial in your feed schedule. his user is blue planet nutrients.

Yup airstones are SOOOOO worth it. mine outperform by what seems like double. I'll wander over and see your 1 gallon containers...

Cloning straight into a DWC? hmmmm.... I'll be watching to see how that turns out. would save steps/transplanting which I'm a big fan of.

Thoughts on the 2L-DWC-H:

The pros: For me, it was much easier to maintain/upkeep than the DWC I started with. Of course, this was my first attempt at any grow, so going DWC may have been above my pay grade given the pH battles I fought. In the 2L's the res is empty daily so it gets the right pH water daily.

Easy to move the plants around if need be. The small container size (and empty when they're thirsty) was easy, and for some who are doing sogs, you don't even move them. Much easier than moving a 3 or 5 gal pot full o dirt.

No transplanting, no shock. They lived their whole life in one container, so never went through the kind of transplant shock that can happen.

Re-usable: I'm running the same 2L's still in my new grow, as soon as I pull one from flower, it gets washed and put back in to use, easy.

Cheap! can you say free for dumpster divers? Every recycling center has boatloads of these for an unlimited supply.

Enviro friendly! You're helping the planet by re-using someone elses "waste" that would have required energy to recycle back into a park bench or fuel or whatever.

Decent yeild I was quite happy to end up with 3 zips off my first try at this off of basically four main plants. I'm not counting the weights of the autos or bubblegums because they were basically nothing relatively, and not even in my final totals.

Cons:
They tip over. Once they get to a certain size in flower, they get top heavy since they drink the res, and can easily tip over. I ended up setting up a gorilla tape trellis to keep them in line.

Res maybe too small If you're doing a sog with a bunch of these packed together, you'll probably be fine, but I vegged them much longer and they ended up drinking the whole res quickly as opposed to having to water every other day as others reported. Even when I moved the hempy hole higher, they still drank it all. I have a new set of 2.5 L's that are square with more volume available for the res so we'll see how those go. I'm also looking at 1gal containers.

I don't really have that many complaints about these, but have little to compare them with. I'll re-review this once I have another grow or two under my belt with this and other methods.

All in all, it was a great way for me to get my feet wet in hydro or growing in general, and if you've got a little corner in your space (which no one has) that you need to fill, it does the job cheaply.

Other notes:
I definitely see a large difference with an airstone. I used the hydro store ones and cheap big box ones and ended up liking the smaller, cheaper ones since the res is so small, and since there are so many of them running.

Green 2L's seem to have less res issues I had read this somewhere, but it ended up being the case for me too. Not sure why, but the roots seemed to like it.

Ice baths only in veg I gave myself a bud rot issue by having these sit in icebaths during the whole flower cycle. Now that I stopped my RH is 43%-70% instead of up to 90%.

Thanks everyone! This would not have been possible without you!

:surf:

I'd like to thank you for the write-up on the 2-Litre Deep Water Culture Hempy style of growing.

SB, got like 8 days left before I SMOKE, I did all that Un-Stoned, it still Irks Me!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

That's going to be one happy day! Something tells me you are about to retire! :yummy:

SB, got like 8 days left before I SMOKE, I did all that Un-Stoned, it still Irks Me!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:
Thanks JTG! Commencing Countdown to operation Bowl Burn. over.

great job SB..look fab buds..:bravo::goodjob:
THanks Tommytim!

I'd like to thank you for the write-up on the 2-Litre Deep Water Culture Hempy style of growing.
You are most welcome kind sir.\

That's going to be one happy day! Something tells me you are about to retire! :yummy:
Hooya! over.

No-no! I really meant that. I think it should be made a sticky over in grow set-ups. Along with the grow it makes for a fantastic read on how it works, and with the follow-up highlighting the pros, cons, and final thoughts on the matter, it wraps it up in one neat little bundle to be taken easily as one coherent test/run/tryout, whatever you wish to call it.

Granted, it's not a how-to so it's not for the beginner, but a real test never is for a beginner. If the beginner wants to read how to set it up, there are thousands of ways to do that. What you did was give actual working knowledge, backed it up with pics, and other data, and wrapped up in a bow as a gift for the information hungry.

jandre2k3, too true, make it a sticky, not for beginners!!!:high-five: TRUE, TRUE, TRUE!!!:bravo: Where ya been jandre, have not written at You in what seems like a long time(OF COURSE 5-7 DAYS, is a long Time Up Here, especially when on Count down!!! Take Care My Friend!!!:cheer: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

jandre2k3, too true, make it a sticky, not for beginners!!!:high-five: TRUE, TRUE, TRUE!!!:bravo: Where ya been jandre, have not written at You in what seems like a long time(OF COURSE 5-7 DAYS, is a long Time Up Here, especially when on Count down!!! Take Care My Friend!!!:cheer: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Went fishin. When I go it's for no less than 3 days, so it takes me 400 days to catch back up to everyone again, lol!

FISHING, I cannot wait, I love Trout Fishing. Small creeks, Rivers, out of the places that No One would even think Nice fish would be lurking about, STEELHEAD!!!! Wheres My Tackle Box, lets get on the waterside by 5AM, OK, no objections I can Hear!!!:high-five: You'll bring the Drinks, Soda or Beer would be alright for ME!!! Have not drank a Beer(ANYTHING ACTUALLY) since last Holiday season, but a nice Cold One at 5am after Breakfast from the Truckstop sounds REALLY good right now. Have not drank a Beer that early in a LONG TIME, drunk by 9am,HAHAHA!!! I'll buy Breakfast and Snackies!!! Halfies on the gas, I'll pick it all up if your a little low on funds ATM, No Problem. Getting Drunk by 9am, actually sounds Fun as Fishing. Have not done that in like 15 years(FISHING THEN TOO), BEERS GOTTA BE ICE COLD, AND I MEAN ICE COLD!!! Some St. Pauli Girl or New Castle would be GOOD!!! Man that would be GRAND!!! Take care My Amigo. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Sammy is for me, but only after I've had a good day out on the lake. I think next stop will be out to Clear Lake in a few weekends after Phase 3 begins in my Flower Box. No problem getting the homegrown, or we can stop be a co-op on the way. Bass fishin is next up, as it's too warm now for the trout and they've retreated to the deeps. Warm weather is for Big Game: Bass, crappie, striper, and the like. Maybe a little inebriated catfishin in the dark. That's what's next up, so away with the ultralight gear and the fly rod, unless I'm after some smallies, and out comes the serious angler tackle. The mid and heavy gear comes out and gets a dust-off, check over, and some oil.

SurfBuddy, I just blogged your write up and I think it's something that needs to be saved and added to my blog journal of Extra Good Growing Tips, you're post is right up there with other grow genius's posts. Hope you don't mind, it's a easy access to excellent info/grace

Back
Top Bottom