Surfinstoned's 720Watt LED - God's Gift - Hydro Grow

They are budding nicely! What's the strain's fragrance like? You've mentioned about adding CO2 for future grow, I think you already adding them and not telling us from the looks of the buds. ;)

lol Thanks for the compliment but really I'm not using CO2. The only reason i want to add CO2 is I have read that when using CO2 the room temp can be in the mid 80's and the plants are not affected at all. Right now my A/C is running about half of its capacity to keep temps 72-78, but if i could have my room temps in the mid 80's I would barley need to run my A/C!

CO2 will have to come later though I have read that you can really mess a crop up if you don't know what you are doing. Right now I'm focusing on expanding the room. Thank you for all your kind words, I love your new name by the way!

FUTURE Grow Update

Hey everyone, I know we have 3 wks left to go on this grow but after this past weekend, I have to share a "future" grow update with you all. Please NOTE: this is NOT the end of this grow journal. I am simply too excited to wait to post this....without further ado, here is my second grow room...in her infancy. :yahoo:

DSC047561.JPG

DSC047572.JPG

DSC047582.JPG

SO. Over the past weekend, I came across some very excellent sales at my local candy shop [hydro store]. Not one to withstand temptation, I decided to stock up on supplies for my next room and well... I got a little carried away. Pictured above are most components needed for my next room, not including the LED lights, res, and light mover. (Those are soon to come)
I already have the lumber cut and all the construction materials needed, minus the drywall.

The design has been mapped out in my head but improvements are no doubt going to happen so I'll wait to share the intimate details. You will have to keep an eye out for my next grow journal, if interested in the specifics.
I'm very excited for this next stage in my hydro setup and am very pleased to share this experience with you all. I can't express enough gratitude to you, my friends, for sharing such helpful advice and support. I hope the next journal goes as well.

FUTURE Grow Update

Hey everyone, I know we have 3 wks left to go on this grow but after this past weekend, I have to share a "future" grow update with you all. Please NOTE: this is NOT the end of this grow journal. I am simply too excited to wait to post this....without further ado, here is my second grow room...in her infancy. :yahoo:

Isn't it funny how you start dreaming about how to do things better, or differently, without even being done with the first run? My ambitions are a lot less than yours, but I find myself doing the same thing (see sig).

What kind of hydro are you planning of going with, and what are your reasons for choosing what you are choosing?

Your grow is still looking amazing, so whatever you end up building, I am sure that with your perseverance, you will succeed. :goodluck:

Thank you very much. What does this inspire you to do?

Clean up my set up and get it together...Oh yeah, and get some LED's going too!! I have a half ass grow room and have sort of been letting it go when I really need to kick my self in the ass and build a new room and keep the girls on a consistant schedule...I just seem to get overwhelmed with other things in life and put my beautiful girls on the back burner sometimes!! It always helps to see another person who has a great grow like you and say,"that is what I want mine to look like"...And that is what I meant by "inspire"...You have showed us all that you are very much a natural at this and make the ones like me want to get their act together!!! Keep up the good work and I will stay tuned with your greatness...........:high-five:

Re: Surfinstoned’s 720Watt LED - God’s Gift - Hydro Grow

Hi SS! Thanks, had to grab the name before someone else does.
You can always experiment with CO2 when you get your second grow room going. Have one with, one without. To make comparison of it's worth including to all your rooms. I work in the grow room so can't have CO2. Though where I live is right by one of the main streets, plenty from cars. Someone been shopping! Like to know more about the setup. I think I'll do one tent hydro in the future, and if it works out for me, I don't have to keep carrying bags of soil up 3 flight of stairs.

Very nice setup! I love the LED's. Looking to start my first grown very soon and have yet to make up my mind on which LED's to use. Are you happy with the advanced LED's? I am between those and the GrowStealth.

Very nice setup! I love the LED's. Looking to start my first grown very soon and have yet to make up my mind on which LED's to use. Are you happy with the advanced LED's? I am between those and the GrowStealth.

I am sort of in the same boat as I am also in the market for a pair of LED's. This journal has been great in that I got to check out the Advanced Extreme Flower 360's at work, and they seem to be performing wonderfully. I am considering between GrowStealth and --- at the moment

Thank you both for the kind words, and welcome to the grow!
I am very happy with the advanced LED's so far I have seen about 5 grows with these lights and I'm so impressed that I'm going to get 2 more of them in 2 weeks! Well both are sponsors on this forum, There are several other pep's on 420 using advanced LED's in many different hydro set-up's, and each grow did very well. Hope this helps

Grow Update!!!

Day 51 of flower!! (pics were taken day 49)

So the girls are looking good all except there are a lot more fan leaves starting to discolor and brown, especially the smaller leaves near the bottom is this normal? I do notice that in a lot of grows as it gets closer to harvest the garden starts looking a little rough if you know what I mean. I will be putting some more paper clips in to support some of the buds, but that's pretty much it for the update. I was planning to start the flush next Saturday which would be day 56 of flower. Any thoughts on that?

DSC047601.JPG

DSC047612.JPG

DSC047623.JPG

DSC04763.JPG

DSC047641.JPG

DSC04765.JPG

DSC04766.JPG

DSC047671.JPG

DSC04768.JPG

DSC04769.JPG

DSC047711.JPG

DSC047721.JPG

DSC04773.JPG

DSC04774.JPG

DSC04775.JPG

DSC047761.JPG

DSC04777.JPG

DSC04778.JPG

DSC04779.JPG

Isn't it funny how you start dreaming about how to do things better, or differently, without even being done with the first run? My ambitions are a lot less than yours, but I find myself doing the same thing (see sig).

What kind of hydro are you planning of going with, and what are your reasons for choosing what you are choosing?

Your grow is still looking amazing, so whatever you end up building, I am sure that with your perseverance, you will succeed. :goodluck:

The plan is to run two rooms with the exact same set up in each room. So it will be the 2gal ebb and flow, same as i am using right now. For me it is an easy system to use and it's really all I know so far so I'm going to stick with it.
:bong:

Damn! You are going to have to change your name to Nancy Botwin soon. Very impressive setup, it looks like you're getting set for a full-on production run soon.

If I had the extra spcae I would be doing the same thing.

:welldone:

I love that show, but i don't think i will ever get that big. With another room going i should be able to do 8 crops per year which is one step closer to my goal!!!!!!!

Fine job you are doing, looks good nearly done :bravo:
IMO, flushing hydro is oxy-moronic :hmmmm:
You're running good numbers, but if you back down a bit no harm will happen.
Different opinions whether the result is actually better :)
For me it is an easy system to use and it's really all I know so far so I'm going to stick with it.
When you've processed the rooty hydroton after the grow, you'll know a lot more.
Have you trimmed a room's yield yet? My sessions rip me stupid before even smoking,
then I get the scissor hash :bong:

Looking great Surfin' - Very nice. As you get to this stage of the grow you'll lose some leaves near the bottom that aren't getting much light or have used themselves up. Probably a natural thing, but keep an eye out for signs of a problem (more systemic - spreading).

Flushing is a bit overrated in my opinion (at least in hydro), but I do it. Honestly, I've had harvests un-flushed that had terrific flavor and aroma, too, and I would have challenged someone to tell the difference. I did notice poorer flavor on unfinished trim leaves, but if you're using these for hash or edibles probably wouldn't matter anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Great job so far! :high-five:

Looking great Surf Glad to see the ladys are doing very well as for your flushing most people have there own opinions on flushing I'm doing a experiment with my ladies flushing with regular water an the caramels are getting half strength on nutes ill keep you posted other than that I'm stoked about your next grow

Yes i well be waiting and drooling i think that's a little much but o well your plants and pics are lookin awesome some people would say you have a green thumb I think you got two green hands hope you had a great 4th with friends and family keep up the good work you are doing the ladies proud on 420 :):adore::adore::adore:

Damn Surfin!!! holy freakin cow you have a lot of fat buds!!! very very impressive so far!!! I took a look at my trichomes today and some are ambering...very close to finish as well for me!!!! I can't wait to see how these turn out, as well as I am very excited to see the new setup.... You have very similar goals as I do...to keep expanding!!! lol...AWEsome job Surfin!!!!

Damn Surfin!!! holy freakin cow you have a lot of fat buds!!! very very impressive so far!!! I took a look at my trichomes today and some are ambering...very close to finish as well for me!!!! I can't wait to see how these turn out, as well as I am very excited to see the new setup.... You have very similar goals as I do...to keep expanding!!! lol...AWEsome job Surfin!!!!

Brother, we all have the goal to keep expanding! It appears to be a universal truth of growing. :high-five:

Fine job you are doing, looks good nearly done :bravo:
IMO, flushing hydro is oxy-moronic :hmmmm:
You're running good numbers, but if you back down a bit no harm will happen.
Different opinions whether the result is actually better :)

When you've processed the rooty hydroton after the grow, you'll know a lot more.
Have you trimmed a room's yield yet? My sessions rip me stupid before even smoking,
then I get the scissor hash :bong:

I'm not sure what you mean by "processed the rooty hydroton". I have recently attended a couple of "trimming parties" as to give myself practice for my up-n-coming trim. ;)

Looking great Surfin' - Very nice. As you get to this stage of the grow you'll lose some leaves near the bottom that aren't getting much light or have used themselves up. Probably a natural thing, but keep an eye out for signs of a problem (more systemic - spreading).

Flushing is a bit overrated in my opinion (at least in hydro), but I do it. Honestly, I've had harvests un-flushed that had terrific flavor and aroma, too, and I would have challenged someone to tell the difference. I did notice poorer flavor on unfinished trim leaves, but if you're using these for hash or edibles probably wouldn't matter anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Great job so far! :high-five:

I'm with Gator and Xlr8 on the flushing. I just give them 1/2 strength for the last 2 weeks, that is what CES recommends, and it seems to work for me.

Looking great Surf Glad to see the ladys are doing very well as for your flushing most people have there own opinions on flushing I'm doing a experiment with my ladies flushing with regular water an the caramels are getting half strength on nutes ill keep you posted other than that I'm stoked about your next grow

Ok guys, thank you all for your help/advice. So I took all your advice and thewn the advice from the pro's at advanced nutes and this is what I came up with:
Last week before flush I started out with a PPM of 1300 and on the second to last day I added 5 gallons of R/O water which brought the PPM's to 1123, then on the last day before flush I added another 5 gallons of R/O water which brought the PPM's down to 936 for a day. Going into week 8 of flower I did a water change as normal but this time no nutes just FINAL PHASE which I will run with R/O water for two days and then change water with just R/O water for the last 5 days. Then I will give 2 full days with no water and no light to finish up the process. So what do you guys think about this process?

Back
Top Bottom