Surfinstoned's 720Watt LED - God's Gift - Hydro Grow

surfinstoned

This Girls First Grow
  • Qty 12 Gods Gift (indica) from clones
  • Indoor, Hydroponics ebb & flow 2gal bucket system with 35gal res
  • 400wmh for veg/600whps for flower
  • 4" inline fan brings in the fresh air and a 6" inline fan with a 6" x 16" charcoal filter take out the warmer air after cooling the light and treating the smell
  • Temp of room 72-75 degrees day and night with humidity at 48-54% day or night
  • PH 5.8-6.1, feeding 6 times a day/with water change 1 a week
  • Advanced nutrients micro/grow/bloom along with b-52, bud candy, big bud, overdrive, and final phase for the flush I also use bio root in the veg stage.

Re: 5' x 7' x 13' room 12 gods gift,hydro,400wmh,600whps

Here are the girls on the first day of veg. My target ppm's will be 200-300 for the first week of veg and I will go from there.
DSC040253.JPG

Here are pictures of the girls at 9 days into veg. So far no issues have popped up and it looks like they are doing well to me. I'm going to put some netting up and trim off the lower branches soon I think. PPM strength on the second week of veg was about 450-550.
DSC042051.JPG

DSC04202.JPG

DSC04204.JPG

:Rasta:

You plan on putting a ScrOG net over I assume when you refer to netting? You're going to trim this soon as well?? If you're running a scrog wait until they fill up the screen, finish the stretching, than trim them up. You might stunt if you trim too much now. You'll get 50 different opinions on trimming however though. A good rule I've read that multiple growers use is after the plant is finished stretching, around week 3 flower, they trim the plant up to control where the buds will be established.

:goodjob:

You plan on putting a ScrOG net over I assume when you refer to netting? You're going to trim this soon as well?? If you're running a scrog wait until they fill up the screen, finish the stretching, than trim them up. You might stunt if you trim too much now. You'll get 50 different opinions on trimming however though. A good rule I've read that multiple growers use is after the plant is finished stretching, around week 3 flower, they trim the plant up to control where the buds will be established.

:goodjob:

Hey Thew1sest, glad to see you made it here. I'm not quite sure what a scrog net is so I'm not sure. The net I was talking about just goes across the top to help with separation from the other plants as well as strength for the weight of the flowers instead of sticks. I'm not sure what you mean by "until they fill up the screen"? As far as when to trim...well you were right I am getting so many different answers. I will be posting some updated pics today can you please tell me if i should trim now or wait? Thanks for your help!

Very nice setup, and impressive carpentry skills. I'm sub'd.
:popcorn:

Looking good so far, nice setup!

Thank you both for your kind replys. As for the carpentry, I've always been more of a tomboy. :surf:

New pics are soon to come... They grow so FAST!

It is going to get very crowded under that 600, how long are you going to veg them? Are you going to use the 400 in the flowering mix too? Everything is looking good, and looks like you have it all under control... :goodluck:

I agree that 600 might get cramped in there but no worries. I think the net you're referring too is the Scrog here's a great explanation of it. Screen of Green Check it out, it'll explain a ton in putting a net or "screen" over your girls to maximize yields, well worth the read. There are some fantastic journals with examples of ScrOG.
:goodluck:

It is going to get very crowded under that 600, how long are you going to veg them? Are you going to use the 400 in the flowering mix too? Everything is looking good, and looks like you have it all under control... :goodluck:

Yeah I think you are right, I was going to put them in flower when they got 12-18 inches tall. I think I'm going to put them into flower this Sunday, and that's when I plan on trimming all the lower branches 6" form the top of the Hydroton and then a net across the top hopefully will keep the girls happy and under control. I'm going to stick with just 1 light for this crop to get a real ideah of how much electricity I will be pulling. I think I'm going to make my own light mover for the next crop or maybe put it in now I'm not sure. Thanks for the vote of confidence!:tokin:

Here are some updated pics as promised, in this picture the girls are at 15 days into the veg stage. Because of the light it's hard for me to get real close up pics but I will try for some of those shots in the next update. I have had to move the light up twice already!! I knew these plants grow fast by seeing other grows in here but wow!! It's really something to see it for yourself.
DSC04304.JPG

DSC04303.JPG

DSC04302.JPG

DSC04301.JPG

:Rasta:

Really Nice Setup!!:thumb::thumb: I definitely will be sitting in for this one. Gods Gift!! yum one of my favorite Buds to smoke!! Seeing this setup is really making me want to build or purchase a bucket setup like this. I am about to start a DWC hydro grow and have run into some issues with having to clean reservoir and other things, it seems this method of hydro would work much better for my grow space. +reps on the setup cant wait to see the outcome!!

Hello there 420!!!!!! I want you to all meet Vanessa!!!
DSC04283.JPG

DSC04284.JPG

And here I am having a bowl with the girls before going out to have a mini celebration for myself and go have some fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC042851.JPG

DSC042941.JPG

DSC04297.JPG

surfin,
Where did you get the pulley system you have your lights on? That looks like a nice setup, I may need to get one for my renovated grow space.

Thanks for the props! I went to home depot and in their garage door section you can buy parts separately. So this is what I bought:
1 12' long steel cable
2 packs of 3" garage door pulleys
I drilled 3/8 holes in the roof supports of the room and got 2 3/8 steel rods to put the pulleys on. Then i just ran the cable through and drilled in 3" drywall screws evenly measured out to set the height of the light. I took some better pictures of the system to show you what I mean.
DSC04319.JPG

DSC043131.JPG

DSC043151.JPG

DSC04314.JPG

:morenutes:

As promised more pictures of the ladies. This was taken on day 19 of the veg stage and So far I think they are doing well, they are getting very bushy and almost ready for flower.
DSC04320.JPG

DSC043241.JPG

DSC04325.JPG

DSC043221.JPG

DSC04312.JPG

DSC04308.JPG

DSC04307.JPG

DSC043061.JPG

DSC04305.JPG

Please let me know if there are too many pics i get carried away some times.

That is ingenious. You could package that as a kit and sell them.

Your plants look ready for 12/12 to me. Although, I go straight clone to 12/12, no veg cycle and they finish in the 28 inch range. Plan on them stretching 2-3x their present height (or what ever they are when you flip them). Everything is looking great!

They are looking great, I would say that you can definitely put them on 12/12 whenever you are ready:yummy::yummy::yummy: Very clean uniform setup, my kind of stuff. Keep up the good work.:thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom