Surfinstoned's 720Watt LED - God's Gift - Hydro Grow

Re: Surfinstoned’s 720watt LED, god’s gift, hydro grow

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I wish I was at that point in my grow girl!!!! You should be very proud.....:goodjob:

Love the pictures in the white/flash light - never liked the yellow, or in your case the pink! ones much - it seems to distract of the beauty of the flower?

Anyway, just one man's opinion. Your grow is going gangbusters, and I am quite jealous at this point :)

Re: Surfinstoned's 720watt LED, god's gift, hydro grow

Hi Surfin!

First of all, I just read through your journal, and as many have mentioned you've really done a great job so far. I'd like to especially commend you for your courage in trying new things and jumping right in. I know that you made a couple of mistakes along the way, but you've obviously educated yourself, listened to advice, and gone about things the right way. :goodjob:

Hope you don't mind another follower - I'm anxious to see this through the rest of the way. :popcorn:

Also, I'm going to be switching to a similar hydro system soon - I have a Titan Controls Flo N Gro (Ebb n Flo style) system that I'm going to be using once I finish growing out an auto-flower that I've been playing with over the summer. How often are you cycling the flood/drain in your buckets (maybe I missed that)?

+rep for the great start, great DIY room and excellent journal. :high-five:

That room is obviously paying dividends under your watchful eye. Pistils be a poppin' everywhere. Crop looks fantastic especially considering you haven't added CO2 (unless I missed that). :bravo:

Hey Surfin!.. Thanks for the reply on my Q!

Everything is still looking great! You're selling me on those LED's with every new update. Keep up the great work!

PS...where are your fav surf spots in SD? Mine used surf Swamis alot...I love that wave, especially when it's pumping some double over-heads!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I wish I was at that point in my grow girl!!!! You should be very proud.....:goodjob:

Love the pictures in the white/flash light - never liked the yellow, or in your case the pink! ones much - it seems to distract of the beauty of the flower?

Anyway, just one man's opinion. Your grow is going gangbusters, and I am quite jealous at this point :)

Thank you both for the kind words. I must say that I am proud but I think there is still time to mess something up so I'm still kind of nervous. I agree that the LED washes out most of the real plant in pictures.

:surf:

Looking very legit surf I'm debating on picking up that led now that I've been watching your log an Steves

So far I love the lights, I plan on expanding the room and getting some more lights so i can have 2 rooms going.

Hi Surfin!

First of all, I just read through your journal, and as many have mentioned you've really done a great job so far. I'd like to especially commend you for your courage in trying new things and jumping right in. I know that you made a couple of mistakes along the way, but you've obviously educated yourself, listened to advice, and gone about things the right way. :goodjob:

Hope you don't mind another follower - I'm anxious to see this through the rest of the way. :popcorn:

Also, I'm going to be switching to a similar hydro system soon - I have a Titan Controls Flo N Gro (Ebb n Flo style) system that I'm going to be using once I finish growing out an auto-flower that I've been playing with over the summer. How often are you cycling the flood/drain in your buckets (maybe I missed that)?

+rep for the great start, great DIY room and excellent journal. :high-five:
Hello Xlr8,
Welcome to the grow! thank you once again for your compliments. The guys at my local hydro shop are very cool and helpful no matter how dumb my questions seem. I don't mind another follower at all that just means more experience on my side! I love it! It's almost as if when we post pictures we have a world of knowledge checking them out and if something looks out of place someone will catch it and give you a heads up that there might be an issue in the garden (garden tech support) hahahahaha I love being medicated! I flood 7 times a day while the lights are on. To be honest I don't know if there is even a difference of flooding with lights on as opposed to lights off but it just made more sense to me to flood when the lights are on. I don't think I was very detailed in this journal it's my first grow so I think that I missed a lot of little details compared to other journals I read, but my next will be better for sure. Ok no more rambles from me white widow = rambles
:roorrip:

That room is obviously paying dividends under your watchful eye. Pistils be a poppin' everywhere. Crop looks fantastic especially considering you haven't added CO2 (unless I missed that). :bravo:

Nope no CO2 for me, not yet at least I think that I'm still trying to get everything down first so I plan on adding CO2 on my third grow

Hey Surfin!.. Thanks for the reply on my Q!

Everything is still looking great! You're selling me on those LED's with every new update. Keep up the great work!

PS...where are your fav surf spots in SD? Mine used surf Swamis alot...I love that wave, especially when it's pumping some double over-heads!!

So far the lights are great! When I have time i love black's or IB, except no IB after it has rained lol if you know what i mean.

Hey Vapor,
how are your lights performing? Hope all is well with the girls.

So far so good, only 2 weeks in so a bit early to judge. I had a couple that were 3 weeks n flower when i switched and they seem to be chugging along as usual minus me f'in up one girl in the screen ( tore part of the main cola right off )....

Some things I noticed..... The girls have never looked healthier!
Everything seems much more stable, ph hardly fluctuates as the water consumption is way down (DWC).....
Odor seems to be far less, I assume not having the HPS's over head keep the oils from heating up and releasing major aroma ?

My only issue thus far is the coverage as we discussed earlier but ill live with addressing that with another 360 or maybe throwing a 600hps in the middle.

What's up Beautiful!

I found this article and thought you would like it. I copied and will paste it..

Legislation to end Federal Marijuana Prohibtion

​The first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition is coming on Thursday, June 23. Historic, bipartisan legislation which would end the United States' war on marijuana -- and allow states to legalize, tax regulate and control cannabis commerce without federal interference -- will be introduced by Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

Co-sponsors of the bill include Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.)

The legislation would limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or interstate smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal.

Leading critics of the war on marijuana will explain the legislation's significance for state and national marijuana policy at a national press teleconference on Thursday.

A group of police and judges who fought on the front lines of the failed War On Drugs is announcing its support for the legislation, which is called the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011.

"Clearly the 'war on drugs' has failed, and nowhere is that more clear than with respect to marijuana," said Neill Franklin, a former Baltimore narcotics cop and executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP). "It baffles me that we arrest nearly 800,000 people on marijuana charges in this country each and every year at taxpayer expense when we could instead be taking in new tax revenue from legal and regulated marijuana sales.

"Making marijuana illegal hasn't prevented anyone from using it, but it has created a huge funding source that funnels billions of dollars in tax-free profits to violent drug cartels and gangs," Franklin said. "More and more cops now agree: Legalizing marijuana will improve public safety."

Photo: Jimmy Carter Library & Museum
Former President Jimmy Carter: "Maybe the increased tax burden on wealthy citizens necessary to pay for the war on drugs will help bring about a reform of America's drug policies"
​Last week marked the 40th anniversary of President Richard Nixon's declaring war on marijuana and other drugs. In an op-ed in the New York Times last week, timed for the 40th anniversary, former President Jimmy Carter called for reforming marijuana laws.

The legislation also comes on the heels of the Global Commission on Drug Policy, which released a report on June 2 calling for a major paradigm shift in how our society deals with drugs, including calling for legal regulation of marijuana. The report sent a jolt around the world, generating thousands of international media stories.

The Commission is comprised of international dignitaries including Kofi Annan, former Secretary General of the United Nations; Richard Branson, entrepreneur, founder of the Virgin Group; and the former presidents of Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Switzerland. Representing the United States on the Commission are George P. Shultz, Paul Volcker and John Whitehead.

More than 46 percent of Californians voted last year to legalize marijuana in their state, and voters in Colorado, Washington and possibly other states are expected to vote on the issue next year. In the past year, five state legislatures have considered legalizing marijuana, including California, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Washington state.

Sixteen states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for medical use, but the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) continues to arrest people under federal law, and U.S. Attorneys have in recent months sent threatening letters to state policymakers in an apparent attempt to meddle in state decision-making.

Rep. Frank's legislation would end state/federal conflicts over marijuana policy, reprioritize federal resources, and provide more room for states to do what is best for their own citizens, according to the Washington, D.C.-based Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).

You can write to your Representatives by using this handy form; just enter your state and zip code, and mention that you support the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Or, if you'd prefer, you can use MPP's pre-written letter, which will automatically go to your representative when you fill out the form, by clicking here.

What: Tele-Press Conference on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

When: Thursday, June 23, 2 p.m. EST/11 a.m. PST

Call-In Info: 1-800-311-9404; Passcode: Marijuana

Who:
- Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.)
- Rob Kampia, executive director of Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Aaron Houston, executive director of Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP)
- Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- Bill Piper, director of national affairs for the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)

Please call or email your person in Congress to support this Bill!!!!!!!!!

So far the lights are great! When I have time i love black's or IB, except no IB after it has rained lol if you know what i mean.

I never surfed Imperial much, but Blacks is a good spot. The only place I ever ventured to surf in my birthday suit! ha! It turned out to be a really bad idea...never did that again. Oh, and the walk back up the hill sucks after a long session too!

Back
Top Bottom