Surprise Visit / "Oh crap!" moment

Tecumseh

So, here I am, hanging out at home, watching the tube and washing my dishes. I hear a knock on the door. Glancing out the kitchen window I see a man with a clipboard standing at the porch door. I'm thinking, cool, it's Fed-Ex with the package that I'm expecting. So I go to the door and it's not Fed-Ex. It's the county property appraiser, here to take pictures of my home. The problem is he wants to go around back and take a picture. I've got 4 plants growing back there. They are poorly hidden behind some pepper plants. I tell him it's okay to go around and take a photo, not wanting to look suspicious. He went around and took his photo. I don't think that he noticed the plants but, I'm not sure. I'm hoping that he didn't get the plants in the photo.

What really bugs me is, I live on 10 wooded acres and I have a gate on my driveway which I keep locked. I left it open today because I was expecting a package. Why the hell did this guy have to show up on the one day that I leave the gate open?

I'm trying to not let paranoia get the best of me. My first impulse was to yank the plants as soon as the guy left. I'm gonna just hope that he didn't see and didn't photograph my plants. The damn gate stays locked from now on!

Thanx for reading. I just wanted to share.

Re: Surprise Visit / "Oh crap!"moment

Yeah, I'd keep the gate locked. Invest in an intercom/camera.

Re: Surprise Visit / "Oh crap!"moment

Had someone similar came over last week. What I know is that they only take photos of the house not the yard, and the roof. They also cannot go inside your house even if you invited them in, depending on location. Shouldn't stress. If they did find something just say it was Texas Buckeye. heh

10 wooded acres? They were no way to hide 4 plants in a better place? That reminds me when I had to undo a 6x1000w grow room and transferred the 6 weeks blooming plants(96) in a Budget truck for the same reasons ; the guy wanted to come inside for the appraisal! I told him to come back in 48 hours because I was just a guest and I didn't want to let anybody in. I got away with the situation but the dismantlement and reassembling of the grow room was a costly pain in the ass! Good Luck with your situation, i personally think that you will get away with it!

10 wooded acres? They were no way to hide 4 plants in a better place?

Yeah, the trouble with wooded acreage is there are few sunny spots. Less than 1/2 acre has been cleared. I have just a few spots that get 6+ hours of full sun. I really need to remove some trees.

Back
Top Bottom