Surviving on water only

Canuckush

My DP clones have been in 3 gallon fabric pots since June 2, I've ordered canna A & B and the A arrived on the 10th, the B hasn't arrived yet!! Delivery date was supposed to be the 26th to the first week of July. How long can these survive without proper nutes?
They're grown a little taller since but nothing else, just surviving but healthy looking.
I live in an area where local products are at zero so everything is online purchases.
20190625_115836_HDR.jpg

Wow, it must be tough living in a country where a person doesn't have access to any kind of plant nutrients at all. Here in the USA, they even sell nutrients in the cities, because... houseplants. Might not be Fred's Awesome Cannabis Nutrients with Hard Bud Additive, lol, but they'll certainly keep a cannabis plant alive and allow it to grow.

Do they sell multivitamins in your country? If so, you can drink a normal amount of water (not be dehydrated), get up first thing in the morning, eat a multivitamin, and then urinate into a five-gallon bucket several hours later. Then, fill it the rest of the way up with tap water... And water your plant with it.

This probably won't supply everything, the ratios of what it does supply probably won't be correct, it'll likely smell bad if you don't use it all immediately, and it'll likely be pretty embarrassing.

On the other hand, it'll be better than nothing, and you won't have to travel to a country that sells plant nutrients.

Yeah it's crappy not being able to wander down a local store to purchase coco nutrients, although it isn't much better for soil nutrients either, just your basic garden variety products. The nearest city is about 900 km away, this town is just too far north.

Yeah mate just a is better than nothing. Really surprised you got them that size with just water. Take it your using preloaded Coco?
Just off the shelf coco brick, I didn't do anything to it but add tap water, and that's all I've been watering with every few days as the pot gets light. These sit by a window 24/7 no artificial light until night time when they receive light from the back door.

I can see no reason why not. You just won't have the complete nutrient package.
Yes, I figure B is just bloom nutes? Not needed for a while anyway. Was just concerned the 2 parts were absolutely necessary together. My first grow in coco.

@Barney86 and the clones were about this size at transplant so no real growth, just a bit taller. I'm happy that they are still alive at this point with just tap water.

Yes, I figure B is just bloom nutes? Not needed for a while anyway. Was just concerned the 2 parts were absolutely necessary together. My first grow in coco.
Nah it's a 2 part veg, 2 part bloom for Canna nutes mate. It's because some of the nutes react to each other when mixed raw. Gotta keep them separate untill there's water to dilute them.
Some companies have started 1 part feeds but not many.
I'm honestly amazed your plants not bright yellow by now though.
They don't need much in coco but nothing is pushing it a little lol.
You know how much of things to feed them?

I was wondering, too, lol. Figured those must have been some healthy coconuts ;) .

You know how much of things to feed them?
I read your thread last night on coco feeding, I was searching for answers regarding using just the A portion, any pointers at this time is greatly appreciated since I only have the one part, ordering anything else will also take time, I'm gambling on the snail mail delivering part B any day now, it did say package 1 of 2 so it has to be out there, hopefully not lost.

I was wondering, too, lol. Figured those must have been some healthy coconuts ;) .
Yeah definitely mate. I don't feed seedlings for the first 6 days untill the coty start to get cannabalised. 8 days and theyre screwed so was baffled as to how he got them that size. Makes a bit more sense now tho lol

I read your thread last night on coco feeding, I was searching for answers regarding using just the A portion, any pointers at this time is greatly appreciated since I only have the one part, ordering anything else will also take time, I'm gambling on the snail mail delivering part B any day now, it did say package 1 of 2 so it has to be out there, hopefully not lost.
Id just go for about quarter of what it says on the bottle mate. I've used them once years ago but can't remember the doses. Hang on actually I'll go look

This part of your thread got me thinking about using just A until B arrived.

All you need for seedlings is a tiny amount of veg nutes. That's it.
If that's all you give them they'll be happy as Larry

i am assuming you are north. are you near a lake ? i know people who have watered with lake water. to be sure it was in promix, not coco. they had zero nutes for about two weeks. the lake water kept them going, but just.

i am assuming you are north. are you near a lake ? i know people who have watered with lake water. to be sure it was in promix, not coco. they had zero nutes for about two weeks. the lake water kept them going, but just.
Northwest coast, our little city of about 10,000 does get its water from a lake but is treated.

Back
Top Bottom