Suspicious banana growth on buds

CHIHIMKI

Six weeks into flowering and this started developing on two buds. Segmented banana's. Plucked them out and these are the photos. Question, should I pull her? She is loaded with bud.

Definitely male nanners,and the second pic shows that they are "ripe" and dropping pollen.
If you found a few,there's probably more that you haven't spotted-I'd pull her out,but the bad news is that it may be too late-the fan in the grow space may have already spread the pollen everywhere...
BUT maybe not-I'd get her(carefully) out of there,and all you can do from this point forward is hope for the best
Seeded bud will still get you high,but the seeds are a real pain in the ass -like all weed used to be in the 70's
Good luck-hope it doesn't turn out too bad...

Definitely male nanners,and the second pic shows that they are "ripe" and dropping pollen.
If you found a few,there's probably more that you haven't spotted-I'd pull her out,but the bad news is that it may be too late-the fan in the grow space may have already spread the pollen everywhere...
BUT maybe not-I'd get her(carefully) out of there,and all you can do from this point forward is hope for the best
Seeded bud will still get you high,but the seeds are a real pain in the ass -like all weed used to be in the 70's
Good luck-hope it doesn't turn out too bad...
Thank you. We pulled them out of the bud before they popped I think. Could we just watch closely for others and let this particular one continue to develop more or should she go anyway? It'll definitely make for much needed room

That's your call-If you inspect her closely and you're satisfied you got them all,you could leave her in there.
Just remember,with the fan helping to distribute the pollen, it only takes a few dropping their pollen to seed the whole crop.

That's your call-If you inspect her closely and you're satisfied you got them all,you could leave her in there.
Just remember,with the fan helping to distribute the pollen, it only takes a few dropping their pollen to seed the whole crop.
Indeed! We're a week or two, max, from harvest anyway. Assuming that some pollen did get around. How would it affect the crop quality in that time?

Since you're that close,the worst it could probably be is you'd get some immature seeds in the buds-I don't know if they'd be as much of a pain as fully developed ones,but at this point,it is what it is...
*edited to say they're looking good!

Since you're that close,the worst it could probably be is you'd get some immature seeds in the buds-I don't know if they'd be as much of a pain as fully developed ones,but at this point,it is what it is...
You're right, I've had bud like that. I don't like it as much. So dang, early harvest for all maybe.

Back
Top Bottom