Swahili Haze - 150 Watt HPS - Closet Grow

laladaddy8649

hello 420!

So i recently stummbled across some seeds in some medication from my local dispensary......and well i liked the smoke, high, and taste of this strain by the name of Swahili Haze!! i havent heard of this particular strain but i have heard of its Haze Side. So i decided to grow some of her seeds out of the five i found i decided to germinate Two of them!!
within 24hrs they both showed roots and sprouted so i transplanted them into some soil!!

What strain is it? "Swahili Haze"
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Gonna Veg for 6 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? ??
Indoor or outdoor? INDOOR-VEGG / OUTDOOR-FLOWER
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? miracle grow
If soil... What size pot? Small
Size of light? 150 watt hps
Is it aircooled? house fan
Temp of Room/cab? 70-85F
RH of Room/cab? 3x3
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? Spray/ mist when dry
Type and strength of ferts used? grow/micro/bloom

I really dont know much about this strain and i tried researching her genetics online and found nothing, if anyone has grown or has info on this strain please share ur info!!

Day One, she squeezing out considerably!
DSC025002.JPG

Couple hours later and shes Almost there!!
DSC025133.JPG

Within an Hour she shows her Stuff off, after sprouting successfully 48 hrs after germinating.
DSC025173.JPG

Re: Swahili Haze -150 watt Hps- Closet Grow

Picture update Day Two
DSC025541.JPG

and so the growing begins!!!! Out of the two seedlings this Haze seedling is growing the fastest and biggest so far......:morenutes:

Day three picture update
DSC025992.JPG

Close Up
DSC025951.JPG

and the growing continues......out of the two seelings the other one didnt make it, as i figuered....so im only growing her!!! shes looking great so far...
any 411?!!

welcome aboard ganjatoker8!! nice to have yaa!
ready to rock and roll!! since she's sprouted she's been growing great!!!:headbanger:

i think shes been streching too much, she grew so tall her stem couldnt support her node weight so she's wilting... anyone know what i can do to keep her from strtching and to fix the problem!!??

Interesting strain. It's a local dispensary strain only, so there might not be any available info on the strain online unless you ask the ppl where you got it from for more details. The seedling is stretching could due to high temp and/or the light is too far above. Bring it down to 2ft above the canopy and it should stop stretching. Test it first to see if it's too hot by placing your hand with the palm facing down, if the heat feels uncomfortable then move it a bit up.

ive done that and used a paper clip as a brace to support her up, but i wasnt home all day today and i dont know how long she was bent over for, it was long enough to kink the stem and get a little bit of discoloration along it!! i hope she gets over this....shes not looking good..

DAY 4

ehh, its kinda embarassing cuzz she looks all tied up and harrassed but yea here she is....i hope she recovers..

DSC02602.JPG

you cant see the kink on the stem because i have the lowerr tie against it to keep it from pruning and killing my seedling..

I wish you luck but it looks to be on it's last legs.

IMO seeds are temperamental and hard to grow...well they are for me and it looks like you too.

i agree on the temperamental side, but i usually have good success rates when it comes to seelings....i use to just pop them in a pot with dirt outdoors and BOOM!! they'd just take off, but i guess since it's indoor and i am using an Hps as artificial light thats why im having low success.....i mean she was fine till the stretch and kink!! well its ok because i have three more of these SWAHILI HAZE seeds and they're being germed as we SPEAK :thumb: and im going to make sure i successfully grow and harvest one of these bad boiiys!

here's hoping none of them are Boyz...lol
plant it where you have plenty of room to add soil to prop it up.
I hate killin babies. keep yer new ones cool, that'll helps create females.

It's a try...try and try again. Once they get out of the baby stage they can handle a lot more.

current temps run at about 70-85f...i dont thave a humidity reader.....and not its not heat stress,shes dieing from her stem being bent over for so long......i woke up today too see that she isnt looking any better, And she may not make it....=(

When I experience seedling problem (if it's not nute burn) I simply remove the seedling from the grow room and place it near the window or outside (if it's not too hot) in the shade, a few days later they recover. Something about the sunlight rejuvenate the dying plants. Once it develop a few nodes, bring it back to the grow room. Try that for the last resort.

hey 12/12, well at this point im sure shes on the road to death but sure i dont think it would hurt so i placed her near my window seal,lets see if that brings back any life to her..

kinda sucks dude, ive never grown a seed that grew as fast as her....i guess thats the Haze side of her genetics....so upset,this happened...

In this grow journey there will be lots of trails. Don't be so upset. Every trail you go through is a step closer to successful harvest. I'm only in my 5th cycle (1yr time) and still making mistakes. Do you have more seeds? Plant the next one and keep on going. Get few extra seeds putting the odds in your favor. Good luck on that little one by the window.

yea ur right 12/12,

well, i only have 3 seeds left....they're germing as we speak....one of them has already cracked out its shell....:cheer: and this time i know what NOT to do!!

and FYI, the dieing seedling isnt looking and better....im sure she'e not gonnna make it back.

Buy a couple of 26-watt CFLs and place them close (couple of inches) to your seedlings. Mix your soil with 25%-33% perlite. Place fan so as to direct a gentle breeze at the seedlings. When they have grown a bit so that they can take a direct fan without being constantly blown flat, add your 150-watt HPS. Don't place it so far from the plants this time. Should be as close as you can get without overheating the plants. Use the back of your hand unless you're used to high temperatures from your job or something. Water when soil feels dry (pick up pots or stick your finger into the soil, don't just go on the top inch or two), cannabis likes water but hates to be waterlogged. That's why you want a "well-drained" soil mixture and to water them well when they need it instead of giving them a little bit every time you turn around.

They're kind of hard to kill, you just (in all likelihood) had the light too far away - causing it to spend all of its limited energy in trying to s-t-r-e-t-c-h to the light. The seedling did not have the energy to both do this and grow a strong enough stem to support itself and there was not enough usable light reaching it to replenish the expended energy. If it still looks like it did in the picture you ought to be able to save it; but high stress at the seedling stage can negatively influence the female:male ratio.

Back
Top Bottom