Sweet Leaf's First Grow: WW Auto

SweetLeaf89

Hello All!

This will be my first attempt at growing my own cannabis/medicine. No previous experience at growing anything other than grass and coral. Ive purchased some WW autos and am patiently awaiting their arrival.

Equipment list/recommendations welcome!

2x2x4 tent. No space restrictions just choice.
Is it safer to be placed on cement? I currently plan on it being on carpet, but i worry about fire hazards etc.So what do you recommend?

As for medium i want It to pretty much be as basic as possible. So i plan on using FFOF and there line of nutes down the road. These bad girls will be germinated and placed directly into 2-3 gallon fabric pots. Are these more of a pain to do LST in with it being fabric?

Lighting will be a MarsHydro TS600W Led
Is that sufficient enough for my space? I was debating between the mars or a spiderfarmer SF1000. Definitely a QB either way.

Random
Clip on fan, desktop humidifier, hygrometer, and....... am i missing anything?

As for water, what do you all use? Distilled, tap and let it sit out to dechlorinate, how long does it take to dechlorinate? My city water is a little dirty about 450-500ppm. Not sure about other elements ive never tested anything other than ppm. I have a ro/di system that i use for making saltwater that produces 1-3ppm at the most, is that to clean? I dont care about going to an RO machine or getting distilled, how about rain water and snow?

Anyways lots of questions i will post tons of pics and be asking more along the way. I really appreciate this community and the vast knowledge that is here.Makes doing this a hell of alot easier.

For anyone who has never seen a 2x2x4 grow tent lol

Attachments

• 35DE1394-8233-446C-ABFB-65DB29101F03.png
    35DE1394-8233-446C-ABFB-65DB29101F03.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 223
Is it safer to be placed on cement? I currently plan on it being on carpet, but i worry about fire hazards etc.So what do you recommend?
No not on cement. Lift them up with lifters if you have to but keep them off concrete. The plants don't like cold feet and concrete sucks the heat out of the pot
Are these more of a pain to do LST in with it being fabric?
Not at all. I'll get you a link shortly to follow and participate in.
Lighting will be a MarsHydro TS600W Led
Is that sufficient enough for my space?
Not sure... @Preston9mm may have a better idea.
As for water, what do you all use? Distilled, tap and let it sit out to dechlorinate, how long does it take to dechlorinate? My city water is a little dirty about 450-500ppm. Not sure about other elements ive never tested anything other than ppm. I have a ro/di system that i use for making saltwater that produces 1-3ppm at the most, is that to clean? I dont care about going to an RO machine or getting distilled, how about rain water and snow?
Don't use salted water. Not good for plants. Tap is fine and most people will let it sit for 24 hours and many use it right away. Plants need some chlorine so as long as it's not high then you're good. Rain water works well and snow is a pain to melt for what you get back but ya it's OK. I'd try your tap water first and see how the plant reacts with the higher PPM content.

Here's the link for LST. The OP is a great member and the thread is active. He'll answer any and all questions.

Here's the link for LST. The OP is a great member and the thread is active. He'll answer any and all questions.

Sweet thanks for that. Will definitely come in handy when i need it.

No not on cement. Lift them up with lifters if you have to but keep them off concrete. The plants don't like cold feet and concrete sucks the heat out of the pot

Not at all. I'll get you a link shortly to follow and participate in.

Not sure... @Preston9mm may have a better idea.

Don't use salted water. Not good for plants. Tap is fine and most people will let it sit for 24 hours and many use it right away. Plants need some chlorine so as long as it's not high then you're good. Rain water works well and snow is a pain to melt for what you get back but ya it's OK. I'd try your tap water first and see how the plant reacts with the higher PPM content.

Ok great, thank you for your replys. I will try out my tap. That will be most convenient anyways.

Have you bought nutes yet? Are you located in the US(Cleveland I assume)

If so check out Megacrop before you waste your money on liquid nutes. You can get a free sample and just pay for shipping... $5 I think. Greenleaf Nutrients. The money you'll save and the simplicity of using the product from start to finish, nothing else (always have calmag on hand).

Worth checking into.
There's a whole thread on it and you can find the link in my signature below.

Clip on fan, desktop humidifier, hygrometer, and....... am i missing anything?

Do you have an exhaust fan to draw the heat out and bring in CO2 to the plant?. You'll need to be exchanging the air inside the tent and to do that you hook up a fan to the upper tent opening and then opening one of the passive intakes for the make-up air.

Have you bought nutes yet? Are you located in the US(Cleveland I assume)

If so check out Megacrop before you waste your money on liquid nutes. You can get a free sample and just pay for shipping... $5 I think. Greenleaf Nutrients. The money you'll save and the simplicity of using the product from start to finish, nothing else (always have calmag on hand).

Worth checking into.
There's a whole thread on it and you can find the link in my signature below.
No i have not bought anything yet. Wow thats very interesting thanks for pointing that out. Seems like a better way to go than the FFOF. Yes NE OH.

Do you have an exhaust fan to draw the heat out and bring in CO2 to the plant?. You'll need to be exchanging the air inside the tent and to do that you hook up a fan to the upper tent opening and then opening one of the passive intakes for the make-up air.
No i dont, i dont know really what to do about that or how that works. But i can learn lol so does that involve a carbon filter? I wasnt to worried about the smell from 2 plants but ive never had any so do you think i will get grief from the other half without it?

That a really good link. There is good info in there

Well FFOF is the soil and if that was your plan stick with the soil. It's good. I do recommend cutting it with 25% perlite so it drains better.
The FF nutes you could change to Megacrop if that peaked your interest. Those are both nutes you would use in the FFOF soil. One nute or the other, not both.

No i dont, i dont know really what to do about that or how that works. But i can learn lol so does that involve a carbon filter? I wasnt to worried about the smell from 2 plants but ive never had any so do you think i will get grief from the other half without it?
You might but a little 4" exhaust fan with carbon filter would work good for your little tent

Well you're going to need a 4" fan(look up something like vivosun) with a speed controller. The carbon filter is normally used during flower but I would wait and see if the other half minds or not. She may not mind so save the money.

Well FFOF is the soil and if that was your plan stick with the soil. It's good. I do recommend cutting it with 25% perlite so it drains better.
The FF nutes you could change to Megacrop if that peaked your interest. Those are both nutes you would use in the FFOF soil. One nute or the other, not both.
Oh ok i see. I thought megacrop was a soil or something. Ya for sure im very open to trying it. I wasnt set on the FF nutes by any means. Im easily persuaded lol

Back
Top Bottom