SweetSue Shows Off The GROWant GR480: More Light!

The particulars:

Tents: Mars-Hydro 27" x 27" x 62.5
Lights:
* GROWant G3HiPAR GR480
* GROWant G3HiPAR GR240 x 2
Medium: Living Organic Soil
Nutrients: Doc Bud's Hi Brix Blend kit
Chemovars:
* Carnival (Ministry of Carnival): clone in veg, day 68
* Jamaican bag seed: clone, 15 days in flower

:woohoo: The light panel finally came in. :slide:

IMG_80756.JPG

Time to start a new sponsored grow. The folks at GROWant were so pleased with my previous journal showcasing the GR240 that they offered me another to demonstrate to you how effective two would be in one 27" x 27" tent. Then they learned I was thinking of purchasing a GR480 and instead they paid for half of that, the equivalent of the GR240 panel they had anticipated sending me.

Now I get to show both the GR480 in action as well as a doubling up of the GR240s in another tent. :yahoo: I just love it when the universe pulls these magical moments out of the hat for me. Lol! It was my intent this year to find a way to break the 3 ounce ceiling my plants have been offering lately, and I'm thinkin' this wattage increase will do the trick for me. I'm certain the girls will give you a good show.

And just who will be the lucky reciepients of this wattage increase, you ask? Let me introduce them. :battingeyelashes:

Tent #1 now holds CBD Critical Cure 2.7, with only two to three weeks remaining in her flowering cycle. She's sitting under one of the GR240s.

IMG_80577.JPG

She's one of the more important plants in my regular rotation, forming the base meds for my daughter, and for myself when we have enough on hand. It's more important to me that she have her regular meds. I'm more recreational than medical anyway, and I get more than a common share of cannabis products. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That makes her a good candidate for more wattage, but she's not going to get it in this tent or under these GROWant lights. That pleasure will fall to my Jamaican 1.1. She's in five gallons of energetic soil using Doc Bud's High Brix Blend kit.

IMG_80276.JPG

I brought the original seed back from my visit to Jamaica last February, intending to grow it out for my own consumption. I wasn't considering it for my daughter at all, but when she was drawn by the fragrance we followed the cardinal rule of letting the nose take the lead in canna choices and let her try it.

It turned out to be a perfect fit to her ECS, and I don't touch it for myself. Ever. It's not often such a close match happens with cannabis. I'll be growing this chemovar until I transition off this spinning blue pearl. She's 14 days into flowering, and she'll be finishing under the two GR240s.

I trained her to be a sea of tops. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_80218.JPG

She's sitting under 360 watts at the moment, so the move will offer her another 120 watts. That should result in bigger, denser, frostier buds, don't you agree?

IMG_80236.JPG

I'll move CBD CC 2.7 into the Jamaican will vacate, under the 200 watt Timber Grow Lights Citizen COBs with 160 watts of CFLs to supplement the warm spectrum, giving her an increase of 120 watts to finish under. Everybody wins. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Kinda cool how it worked out that they both get the same increase in wattage, eh? :laughtwo:

The GR480 will hang over my current prize, Carnival 4.6.

IMG_80284.JPG

IMG_80352.JPG

I've been training her in a SweetSue modified flux. :laughtwo: Within another week she'll have filled the open spots with shoots and they'll be ready to release vertically. I plan to veg her for another three weeks to a month before flip. She's gonna be a bountiful supply of my favorite chemovar. :slide:

IMG_80304.JPG

IMG_80324.JPG

IMG_80343.JPG

This time through both plants are in soil, and both are using Doc's kit. Ive been dabbling in hempy with great success, and now I seem to be in a soil rotation. :laughtwo:

Let's unbox the light, shall we?

IMG_80766.JPG

IMG_80775.JPG

IMG_80787.JPG

IMG_80796.JPG

I appreciate the care they take to protect the panel in shipping. The drivers aren't always as careful as we'd hope, and the extra padding comes in handy. This box came dinged on the edge, but no damage inside. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_80807.JPG

IMG_80816.JPG

She works! :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

IMG_80832.JPG

Tomorrow morning I'll start playing musical chairs in the garden and get the lights hung. I'll be posting the results of my labors when it's all up and running.

IMG_80846.JPG

Some tecnical data for the lighting geeks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image19881.jpeg

image19882.jpeg

One note of caution: Amazon doesn't take the care we sometimes prefer to box these lights in a plain cover, keeping our grows stealthy. I've recieved three so far, and only one came in a plain wrapper. This one didn't, and that moment some dread occured, when the lad opened the back door of his truck, turned to the giddy woman nearly jumping out of her skin with glee and asked "So what are you growing in there with this light?"

You all know me well enough that my response to look me up online doesn't surprise anyone. That question would have freaked out most of our stealthy members. I'm hoping the manufacturer gets the message that this clientele prefers to keep our purchases close to the vest.

Edit:GROWant offers the option of gift wrapping when you order, as explained in the post below. If you care about stealth, look for this option.

That's all for me tonight. I'll be back tomorrow with more. :ciao:

Thank you GROWant :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you Sweetsue, both members and GROWant love to see your fair demonstration, you did well in last sponsored journal.
Can't wait to see your new journal with this GR480.

Sorry to know your item was shipping without being covered by amazon box.
Since this item Sold by GROWant and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Amazon usually cover colorful box with outer Amazon box when shipping, but please select GIFT-Wrapped for guarantee.

Thank you Sweetsue, both members and GROWant love to see your fair demonstration, you did well in last sponsored journal.
Can't wait to see your new journal with this GR480.

Sorry to know your item was shipping without being covered by amazon box.
Since this item Sold by GROWant and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Amazon usually cover colorful box with outer Amazon box when shipping, but please select GIFT-Wrapped for guarantee.

Thank you. That'll be an option we'll highlight in the future. I didn't even look for that when I ordered. :laughtwo: Let me assure you, for me it was no problem. I'm the fearless one who regularly shares with others that I grow for my family, so this was just another opportunity to exchange information. Other members wouldn't be so happy to share the secret.

Edit: I added a note to the original post to reflect this.

Woohoo I can't wait to see this one. Congrats Sue!

Doob.... First through the door. :woohoo: Welcome to my latest joyful journey. I'm so excited Doob. :laughtwo:

Well second in line here Sue. Congrats!!! Im really excited for you and cant wait to see that baby set up. Talk to you soon Sue!:hug:

:welcome: my friend. :hug: I need to get over to your journal and sub in. I want to see this g400 you're playing with. :oops: You don't have it up yet. :laughtwo: Toss me a pm when you get her started.

Third up to the plate. That’s a first for me with a SweetSue journal :slide:
Not surprised that Growant came to you with another sponsorship - can’t wait to see her come into glory under those lights :bravo:

:welcome: Amy. :hug: This one's going to be even more fun. That Carnival.......:dreamy:

I'm out for the night guys. See you in the morning. :love:

I’ll have a seat for this one, the Jamaican looks very interesting.

Good to have you along PW. I'm hoping the Jamaican takes to the change magnificently. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Count me in too :cheer::circle-of-love:

daT! Welcome girl! :hug: Have you seen any of these panels by GROWant in operation yet? The Carnival under the GR240 beat all previous harvests of the chemovar. I'm really excited about what this one'll do under double AND in kit soil. :woohoo:

TaaDaa!!!

IMG_80867.JPG

IMG_80875.JPG

IMG_80953.JPG

IMG_80887.JPG

IMG_80895.JPG

IMG_809010.JPG

IMG_80913.JPG

IMG_80936.JPG

IMG_80945.JPG

She looks happy in this lighting, doesn't she? :dreamy:

Alright, let the fun commence. :slide:

The particulars:

Tents: Mars-Hydro 27" x 27" x 62.5
Lights:
* GROWant G3HiPAR GR480
* GROWant G3HiPAR GR240 x 2
Medium: Living Organic Soil
Nutrients: Doc Bud's Hi Brix Blend kit
Chemovars:
* Carnival (Ministry of Carnival): clone in veg, day 68
* Jamaican bag seed: clone, 15 days in flower

:woohoo: The light panel finally came in. :slide:

IMG_80756.JPG

Time to start a new sponsored grow. The folks at GROWant were so pleased with my previous journal showcasing the GR240 that they offered me another to demonstrate to you how effective two would be in one 27" x 27" tent. Then they learned I was thinking of purchasing a GR480 and instead they paid for half of that, the equivalent of the GR240 panel they had anticipated sending me.

Now I get to show both the GR480 in action as well as a doubling up of the GR240s in another tent. :yahoo: I just love it when the universe pulls these magical moments out of the hat for me. Lol! It was my intent this year to find a way to break the 3 ounce ceiling my plants have been offering lately, and I'm thinkin' this wattage increase will do the trick for me. I'm certain the girls will give you a good show.

And just who will be the lucky reciepients of this wattage increase, you ask? Let me introduce them. :battingeyelashes:

Tent #1 now holds CBD Critical Cure 2.7, with only two to three weeks remaining in her flowering cycle. She's sitting under one of the GR240s.

IMG_80577.JPG

She's one of the more important plants in my regular rotation, forming the base meds for my daughter, and for myself when we have enough on hand. It's more important to me that she have her regular meds. I'm more recreational than medical anyway, and I get more than a common share of cannabis products. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That makes her a good candidate for more wattage, but she's not going to get it in this tent or under these GROWant lights. That pleasure will fall to my Jamaican 1.1. She's in five gallons of energetic soil using Doc Bud's High Brix Blend kit.

IMG_80276.JPG

I brought the original seed back from my visit to Jamaica last February, intending to grow it out for my own consumption. I wasn't considering it for my daughter at all, but when she was drawn by the fragrance we followed the cardinal rule of letting the nose take the lead in canna choices and let her try it.

It turned out to be a perfect fit to her ECS, and I don't touch it for myself. Ever. It's not often such a close match happens with cannabis. I'll be growing this chemovar until I transition off this spinning blue pearl. She's 14 days into flowering, and she'll be finishing under the two GR240s.

I trained her to be a sea of tops. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_80218.JPG

She's sitting under 360 watts at the moment, so the move will offer her another 120 watts. That should result in bigger, denser, frostier buds, don't you agree?

IMG_80236.JPG

I'll move CBD CC 2.7 into the Jamaican will vacate, under the 200 watt Timber Grow Lights Citizen COBs with 160 watts of CFLs to supplement the warm spectrum, giving her an increase of 120 watts to finish under. Everybody wins. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Kinda cool how it worked out that they both get the same increase in wattage, eh? :laughtwo:

The GR480 will hang over my current prize, Carnival 4.6.

IMG_80284.JPG

IMG_80352.JPG

I've been training her in a SweetSue modified flux. :laughtwo: Within another week she'll have filled the open spots with shoots and they'll be ready to release vertically. I plan to veg her for another three weeks to a month before flip. She's gonna be a bountiful supply of my favorite chemovar. :slide:

IMG_80304.JPG

IMG_80324.JPG

IMG_80343.JPG

This time through both plants are in soil, and both are using Doc's kit. Ive been dabbling in hempy with great success, and now I seem to be in a soil rotation. :laughtwo:

Let's unbox the light, shall we?

IMG_80766.JPG

IMG_80775.JPG

IMG_80787.JPG

IMG_80796.JPG

I appreciate the care they take to protect the panel in shipping. The drivers aren't always as careful as we'd hope, and the extra padding comes in handy. This box came dinged on the edge, but no damage inside. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_80807.JPG

IMG_80816.JPG

She works! :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

IMG_80832.JPG

Tomorrow morning I'll start playing musical chairs in the garden and get the lights hung. I'll be posting the results of my labors when it's all up and running.

IMG_80846.JPG

Some tecnical data for the lighting geeks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image19881.jpeg

image19882.jpeg

One note of caution: Amazon doesn't take the care we sometimes prefer to box these lights in a plain cover, keeping our grows stealthy. I've recieved three so far, and only one came in a plain wrapper. This one didn't, and that moment some dread occured, when the lad opened the back door of his truck, turned to the giddy woman nearly jumping out of her skin with glee and asked "So what are you growing in there with this light?"

You all know me well enough that my response to look me up online doesn't surprise anyone. That question would have freaked out most of our stealthy members. I'm hoping the manufacturer gets the message that this clientele prefers to keep our purchases close to the vest.

Edit:GROWant offers the option of gift wrapping when you order, as explained in the post below. If you care about stealth, look for this option.

That's all for me tonight. I'll be back tomorrow with more. :ciao:

Thank you GROWant :hug::hug::hug:

Yea i had the same issue when they sent me my light those dam drivers are not safe at all i get alot of fed ex things sent to me and they always have dings an shit on the boxes so yea im really glad Growant does such a good job with packaging but yea congrats on the new lights super sue soupin it up now lol. I didnt think it was even possible 4 those lovely girls to get any better but if any1 can do it im sure u will be able 2 so good luck on knocking it out the park

Evenin Sue!! That light looks awesome in the tent. And Penny nailed it about the Jamaican looking interesting. I love a zippy buzz. This grow is going to be tremendous, i can feel it down deep in my bones.

Supposed to get mine monday, but im thinking wed. Judging by how long it took other shipments from there. Great evening sue.

Would you happen to have a link to your modified flux? That looks amazing. :high-five:

Evenin Sue!! That light looks awesome in the tent. And Penny nailed it about the Jamaican looking interesting. I love a zippy buzz. This grow is going to be tremendous, i can feel it down deep in my bones.

Supposed to get mine monday, but im thinking wed. Judging by how long it took other shipments from there. Great evening sue.

Would you happen to have a link to your modified flux? That looks amazing. :high-five:

There's no real coverage of the fluxing technique I use Moonshine. Pigeons 420 aka Rex Pigeons taught me the trick of cutting wire clothes hangers down to use as pins. I work by instinct and move the pins every couple days. Here's what happened with them today.

IMG_81087.JPG

It's a daily game of placement. I'm going to get them to fill the open spaces and then I'll turn them loose to grow to the light. At some point I'll pull all the pins and they'll stay put.

IMG_81098.JPG

The big trick is keeping the canopy level. I'm pretty good at that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Graytail pointed out a hot spot under the GR240s so I made some adjustments to light placement over the Jamaican.

IMG_81257.JPG

IMG_81269.JPG

Beautiful she is Sue!!���� How do you get that green to come out in your pics with the leds on? Hope your day is magnificent!

When I won my first MOTY one of the prizes was the Budmaster light panel. That panel has made its way to another garden, but I kept the other gift the company owner included for me - a pair of Method Seven LED glasses.

IMG_81338.JPG

I hold the Method Sevens against the lens of the iPhone and shoot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom