I learned yesterday that the 36 hour process does not decarb completely. In fact, the batch I finished last night took three hours over a hot oil bath to completely decarb.

IMG_417111.JPG

That was as long as it took to make FHO, so I may change my approach to eliminate the 36-hr cook. I still like the idea of steeping it at a low temperature, and I'll likely use that as a step for some artisan oils, but for everyday meds it's not worth the time or energy expended to run the oven for 36 hrs straight.

I'll be making the oil from now on by blending the buds and carrier oil...

IMG_403518.JPG
IMG_40369.JPG

...and decarbing in hot oil. This will infuse and I'll be able to monitor the decarb. It's basically FHO without the water content with these low and slo dried buds.

IMG_416113.JPG

Interesting re the 36 hour oil. I recently made two batches of 36 hour oil: one with Sativa trim and the other with Indica. Both with EVOO and LSL. I just increased the S-based oil to .6ml/ cap and the I-based to .7 ml/ cap. Decarbed or not they are strong. I recently tried two .5ml I caps an hour before bed. Didn't sleep much, but sure had an interesting "mind movie". Body was calm and I felt rested in the morning. Just one heck of a mind trip, which I didn't expect with the Indica. Again, like my pain cream post, the trim has been in the freezer since March.

Interesting re the 36 hour oil. I recently made two batches of 36 hour oil: one with Sativa trim and the other with Indica. Both with EVOO and LSL. I just increased the S-based oil to .6ml/ cap and the I-based to .7 ml/ cap. Decarbed or not they are strong. I recently tried two .5ml I caps an hour before bed. Didn't sleep much, but sure had an interesting "mind movie". Body was calm and I felt rested in the morning. Just one heck of a mind trip, which I didn't expect with the Indica. Again, like my pain cream post, the trim has been in the freezer since March.

Interesting point Mike. This was the first time I'd taken the steps to check the decarb, and it surprised me. All of the oils I've made with this method have been potent, and it got me to thinking about how little THC it really takes to get wonderfully buzzed, as well as how varied the euphoric experiences can be with the same chemovars but different processing and administration methods.

The plant defies being pigeonholed. :laughtwo:

hello all

sorry if this question was already asked and answered

I am looking for a good test for cannabis oil to know the THC level in %

I believe the tCheck may be what you're looking for stayalive.

FYI Guys, I bought one of these at the rain forest (Magical Butter Silicone Decarboxylation Thermometer DecarBox Combo pack) Always trying to help.

:cco::smokin::cco:

I'm playing in the threads, happily being social with the gang, and the message comes through the phone from the daughter

"Can I come over?"

She lives next door to me and prefers to come over here to use her vaporizer during the days. We sit and visit, and her partner is spared the vapors, which he claims he doesn't care for the smell of, but I suspect it has more to do with his fear of second-hand smoke and the off-chance that he'd be randomly drug-tested at work. No amount of persuasion on our part has been able to get him to release this unfounded fear.

Of course, I sent back a speedy reply, inviting her to join me. :battingeyelashes:

I continued on with my posting, hearing her come through the balcony door. Then this plaintive voice from the doorway pleads

"Do you have anything to help me?"

I turned to find my baby standing nearby, holding her head in pain, tears streaming down her face. WTH???

She takes Effexor for anxiety and depression. She has little tolerance for psych meds, so it's the smallest dose they could keep her on, because when you start this medication you can't stop it. :straightface: Miss a dose and you get a debilitating combination of vertigo and painful seizures. Last night she missed her first dose in three years. She'd had this reaction at that time and determined to avoid a reaccurance.

After holding her in my arms briefly - is there anything more consoling than a mother's arms? - I asked if she'd had any cannabis yet. She shook her head and informed me that it felt like her brain was trying to rip itself out of her head. I grabbed her vaporizer and loaded it up with Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, which I believe to be in the mid 20s in THC value, the highest level in my current arsenal.

She gingerly took a seat in the recliner and took the vaporizer, which I set at 385 degrees F to bypass the terpene flush and get straight to the major cannabinoids. After two inhallations you could see the relief rising. Three inhallations, and less than five minutes after she began dosing she nearly cried at the total relief the cannabis offered.

Then began the confusion as to why this plant would be thought to be dangerous. She's had a fear all along that dropping the psyche meds wouldn't be possible, with only cannabis to keep her going. She no longer fears this, and plans to ask her psychiatrist at the next visit about weaning her off those meds and letting her use cannabis only. We'll need their oversight to get away from the dangerous pharma drugs.

As her mother it hurts my heart to watch her suffer like this, and it makes me mad as hell that this safe and oh-so-effective medication is illegal almost everywhere on this planet and tightly controlled where it is legal.

This madness needs to stop. Seriously. Just stop it altogether and get the hell out of the way while we take our lives and economies back. :straightface:

I'm playing in the threads, happily being social with the gang, and the message comes through the phone from the daughter

"Can I come over?"

She lives next door to me and prefers to come over here to use her vaporizer during the days. We sit and visit, and her partner is spared the vapors, which he claims he doesn't care for the smell of, but I suspect it has more to do with his fear of second-hand smoke and the off-chance that he'd be randomly drug-tested at work. No amount of persuasion on our part has been able to get him to release this unfounded fear.

Of course, I sent back a speedy reply, inviting her to join me. :battingeyelashes:

I continued on with my posting, hearing her come through the balcony door. Then this plaintive voice from the doorway pleads

"Do you have anything to help me?"

I turned to find my baby standing nearby, holding her head in pain, tears streaming down her face. WTH???

She takes Effexor for anxiety and depression. She has little tolerance for psych meds, so it's the smallest dose they could keep her on, because when you start this medication you can't stop it. :straightface: Miss a dose and you get a debilitating combination of vertigo and painful seizures. Last night she missed her first dose in three years. She'd had this reaction at that time and determined to avoid a reaccurance.

After holding her in my arms briefly - is there anything more consoling than a mother's arms? - I asked if she'd had any cannabis yet. She shook her head and informed me that it felt like her brain was trying to rip itself out of her head. I grabbed her vaporizer and loaded it up with Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, which I believe to be in the mid 20s in THC value, the highest level in my current arsenal.

She gingerly took a seat in the recliner and took the vaporizer, which I set at 385 degrees F to bypass the terpene flush and get straight to the major cannabinoids. After two inhallations you could see the relief rising. Three inhallations, and less than five minutes after she began dosing she nearly cried at the total relief the cannabis offered.

Then began the confusion as to why this plant would be thought to be dangerous. She's had a fear all along that dropping the psyche meds wouldn't be possible, with only cannabis to keep her going. She no longer fears this, and plans to ask her psychiatrist at the next visit about weaning her off those meds and letting her use cannabis only. We'll need their oversight to get away from the dangerous pharma drugs.

As her mother it hurts my heart to watch her suffer like this, and it makes me mad as hell that this safe and oh-so-effective medication is illegal almost everywhere on this planet and tightly controlled where it is legal.

This madness needs to stop. Seriously. Just stop it altogether and get the hell out of the way while we take our lives and economies back. :straightface:
Wow what a story muah!

Hugs and best wishes to you and your daughter.

A typical reduction plan for things like this would 1st day half dose 2nd day full dose and do this for a week maybe two. Then adjust to half dose every day for a week or 2.

Your pharmacist and/or doctor will advise whats best of course.

Nasty sounding product.

That’s amazing Sue, I’m glad you had some good meds to help her out, that sounds awful .
They really do need to step aside and just let their greed go on this one, way too important to keep us from our meds so they can line their pockets!

Amen!!! It smacks of social genocide. It makes a woman want to wish disease on the families of every legislator pushing against cannabis, if that were the kind of woman I was. I wouldn't want anyone's child to suffer needlessly, especially when the relief was so easy to come by. Three inhallations........ Why are we even still playing this rediculous game?

Burn centers in every hospital in the country would be more effective with canna-infused creams, proven to bring relief without dangerous side effects. Children could be juicing flowers for breakfast and potentially avoid the aging diseases we came to take for granted. For that matter, this fear that the children could be negatively impacted is so far off base as to be ludicrous. Children have less CB1 receptors, so they lack the ability to get high. So ask yourself, why the concern? Could it be nothing but a smokescreen to keep us frightened?

I don't do well with frustration. I prefer to focus on ways to create positive results. Bit-by-bit we'll find our way to freedom. I'm pretty sure the angry cat is out of the bag and no amount of trying will get it back in there.

Hugs and best wishes to you and your daughter.

A typical reduction plan for things like this would 1st day half dose 2nd day full dose and do this for a week maybe two. Then adjust to half dose every day for a week or 2.

Your pharmacist and/or doctor will advise whats best of course.

Nasty sounding product.

It reminded me of the hell that is Suboxone, an opiate substitute that's nearly impossible to get away from. Neiko and his wife have searched for a couple years for freedom from this poison. I'm not a big fan of the pharma industry, as you can see.

I had a similar experience with Tramadol. I was and still am on a lot of OTC's to manage severe joint pain (osteoarthritis). at last year's visit I asked him for a non-opioid pain killer that would keep me alert and able to function. He prescribed Tramadol, which is being reported by the media as an opioid, and a banned substance for athletes (even tho it is no way a performance enhancer, but just the opposite).

I took ONE pill. Just one. Within 15 minutes I was groping for a chair, as I was about to pass out, which did, much worse than any high I have ever had with Cannabis. Then I woke with a start and just barely had time to grab a nearby trash bin to throw up in. The pain? I don't remember if it had any effect, unless you consider being unconscious, then puking your guts out an acceptable outcome.

I never opened the bottle again, and just yesterday gave it to the yearly, police-sponsored drug drop off.

Since I don't smoke, I am going to have to get in the habit of taking a couple of my canna-capsules several times a day. I have to keep them frozen to prevent spoilage, so they are not at my fingertips, like my other meds are.

Taking them frozen is no biggie, it's the getting up and dragging my hurting body to the fridge is a big deal, however, even tho it's only 10 feet away. But, one does what one has to do. I will force myself to take the capsules along with my doses of Tylenol and Aleve, to lower the pain level.

Sue, your forums inspire me, and this last post about how much your daughter suffers really brought home the point that our favorite herb really works. Thank you so much for being our "medicine Woman", and leading us towards health.

:circle-of-love:

I had a similar experience with Tramadol. I was and still am on a lot of OTC's to manage severe joint pain (osteoarthritis). at last year's visit I asked him for a non-opioid pain killer that would keep me alert and able to function. He prescribed Tramadol, which is being reported by the media as an opioid, and a banned substance for athletes (even tho it is no way a performance enhancer, but just the opposite).

I took ONE pill. Just one. Within 15 minutes I was groping for a chair, as I was about to pass out, which did, much worse than any high I have ever had with Cannabis. Then I woke with a start and just barely had time to grab a nearby trash bin to throw up in. The pain? I don't remember if it had any effect, unless you consider being unconscious, then puking your guts out an acceptable outcome.

I never opened the bottle again, and just yesterday gave it to the yearly, police-sponsored drug drop off.

Since I don't smoke, I am going to have to get in the habit of taking a couple of my canna-capsules several times a day. I have to keep them frozen to prevent spoilage, so they are not at my fingertips, like my other meds are.

Taking them frozen is no biggie, it's the getting up and dragging my hurting body to the fridge is a big deal, however, even tho it's only 10 feet away. But, one does what one has to do. I will force myself to take the capsules along with my doses of Tylenol and Aleve, to lower the pain level.

Sue, your forums inspire me, and this last post about how much your daughter suffers really brought home the point that our favorite herb really works. Thank you so much for being our "medicine Woman", and leading us towards health.

:circle-of-love:

You honor me. :battingeyelashes:

How far apart are the doses? If you're keeping them frozen there's no reason you couldn't have a small catche of them for your daily supply. They'd keep for the day. They'll keep for a couple weeks in a cupboard, but they'll seep pretty bad during that time. But I see no problem with taking the daily supply out at the beginning of the day and keeping them by your side.

Unless you're using retrieving them as motivation to get up and move, that is. :battingeyelashes: I'd anticipate that at some point the inflammatory relief of the CBD in your meds would begin to offer more and more relief from the stiffness and pain. Are any of what you grow high in beta-Caryophyllen? That could be another contributor to the reduction in inflammation.

You honor me. :battingeyelashes:

How far apart are the doses? If you're keeping them frozen there's no reason you couldn't have a small catche of them for your daily supply. They'd keep for the day. They'll keep for a couple weeks in a cupboard, but they'll seep pretty bad during that time. But I see no problem with taking the daily supply out at the beginning of the day and keeping them by your side.

Unless you're using retrieving them as motivation to get up and move, that is. :battingeyelashes: I'd anticipate that at some point the inflammatory relief of the CBD in your meds would begin to offer more and more relief from the stiffness and pain. Are any of what you grow high in beta-Caryophyllen? That could be another contributor to the reduction in inflammation.

LOL, Sue! Way over my head here! I used to have a quick and hungry mind, but at age 70, 90% of your research and dosing is beyond my ability to assimilate. So I don't know the specifics about the hundred or so healing chemicals, just that I believe in whole-plant therapy. This is why I mix the leaves and mini-buds, regardless of strain, so I get a good spread of what mother nature has provided.

I have to get to the point of taking them regularly enough to make difference. I have 2# of ground lean meat defrosting to make meat loaf muffins, spiced with mixed, ground cannibus, for my late-evening edible. The rest will be frozen and nuked as needed. I have quart jars full of ground herb. It is high time I start using them regularly, finding that amount(dosage, if you will) below which I stay alert (Like 1/2 a brownie).

Yes, the need to keep moving is very important now, and I DO feel better today, having gotten up to get two capsules out of the freezer, and will do that again twice more today, to build up the medicine in my body. I keep my legs moving while I sit at the PC, and when the shoulders and hands start to hurt, take more OTCs. Now I'll make certain to add the capsules to that regime, 3X a day.

The beta-caryophyllen is strongly associated with the purple chemovars. Now you understand part of my obsession with the Dark Devil Auto. My expectation is that including lots of color into the regimen is going to pay off with reduced inflammatory response.

It reminded me of the hell that is Suboxone, an opiate substitute that's nearly impossible to get away from. Neiko and his wife have searched for a couple years for freedom from this poison. I'm not a big fan of the pharma industry, as you can see.

We have an outfit/Doctor here in Michigan who specializes in Suboxone treatment. He also incorporates MMJ in his practice for pain and for helping opiate et al users get off the nasty stuff, Suboxone included. He has clinics throughout MI. Not sure he can consult across state lines, but it might be worth checking out.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules here, just trying to help.

Denali Healthcare Pain|Suboxone|MMMA|Holistic Health

I'm hoping someone who knows can jump in and straighten me out. I have read that CBD oil can help with insomnia. I also read (on a forum here somewhere) that CBD is the "up" side of the CBD/THC mix and that it might keep you awake at night.

I've started taking CBD oil on a daily basis (organic CO2 extracted) for my post concussion syndrome (as recommended by G2HM), and I was also hoping it would work for my insomnia.

Because of the conflicting information, I'm not sure what time of day to take it. I'm at one drop/day to start.

Thanks!

I'm hoping someone who knows can jump in and straighten me out. I have read that CBD oil can help with insomnia. I also read (on a forum here somewhere) that CBD is the "up" side of the CBD/THC mix and that it might keep you awake at night.

I've started taking CBD oil on a daily basis (organic CO2 extracted) for my post concussion syndrome (as recommended by G2HM), and I was also hoping it would work for my insomnia.

Because of the conflicting information, I'm not sure what time of day to take it. I'm at one drop/day to start.

Thanks!

Good question :)
For me, CBD keeps me wide awake and alert. But I’ve also read on several forums where some say it helps them sleep. I look forward to others input on this :)

Thanks!

Are you having trouble falling asleep, but then stay asleep, or do you wake during the night? If you're getting the wakings the best treatment seems to be CBD during the daytime. Of course, the recommendations are low dose, which is relative to your experience with cannabis.

Other than that a balanced 1:1 appears to do the trick, and I see nothing in my notes that says anything on when to dose. Does your oil have any THC in it at all? The major cannabinoids work so much better in concert than either does alone.

As an aside, insomnia was one of the things that the infused CBD Critical Cure oil relieved almost overnight for my daughter. It vanished like the night-thief it was within days. She's since slept with ease, much to her relief. Her insomnia was related to severe anxiety, and she takes four doses a day. No real euphoria, just a sense of wellbeing. That 2:1 CBD:THC countered the anxiety beautifully for her, with sound sleep a sweet bonus. We never tried anything else since it was so successful, but I'd have every expectation that you'll see positive results. Cannabinoids, and CBD in particular, protect the brain.

I'd be interested in hearing how it goes. Good luck with the insomnia. :battingeyelashes:

Are you having trouble falling asleep, but then stay asleep, or do you wake during the night? If you're getting the wakings the best treatment seems to be CBD during the daytime. Of course, the recommendations are low dose, which is relative to your experience with cannabis.

I wake up in the middle of the night and then have a lot of trouble falling back to sleep. I'll move the CBD earlier in the day and see what happens!

Other than that a balanced 1:1 appears to do the trick, and I see nothing in my notes that says anything on when to dose. Does your oil have any THC in it at all? The major cannabinoids work so much better in concert than either does alone.

Beyond the straight CBD oil, I don't use cannabis internally now. I grow for my wife who smokes it for her anxiety and we both use the salve as an anti-inflammatory for aches and pains (and these itchy welts she just started getting sometimes where elastic from her clothes touch her skin).

As an aside, insomnia was one of the things that the infused CBD Critical Cure oil relieved almost overnight for my daughter. It vanished like the night-thief it was within days. She's since slept with ease, much to her relief. Her insomnia was related to severe anxiety, and she takes four doses a day. No real euphoria, just a sense of wellbeing. That 2:1 CBD:THC countered the anxiety beautifully for her, with sound sleep a sweet bonus. We never tried anything else since it was so successful, but I'd have every expectation that you'll see positive results. Cannabinoids, and CBD in particular, protect the brain.

I am trying to get an 420 Gold Leaf clone from a friend, it's listed at high CBD. I plan on making infused oil from that which I will try as an evening addition to see if that helps. If I can't get one I'll take a look at the Critical!

I'd be interested in hearing how it goes. Good luck with the insomnia. :battingeyelashes:

I will certainly update as I get results! Thanks :thanks:

Good question :)
For me, CBD keeps me wide awake and alert. But I’ve also read on several forums where some say it helps them sleep. I look forward to others input on this :)

CBD is an "alerting" cannabinoid, so it will keep you up if taken too close to bedtime Chew. :laughtwo: If you're like me you smoke right up to bedtime. If you're doing that you'd be better off switching to high THC a couple hours before bed.

The THC will sometimes leave you lethargic. I find this true more with indicas. Yuk! CBD in the morning will counteract the lethargy, and as I type this I realize I've never tried that on the mornings when I've used indicas the night before. Hahaha! How easy it is to overlook.

Back
Top Bottom