Sue..can you make an accumulating survey? Check in each 420 person, to opioids, and fill in ‘’old bear excel spread sheet’ capture pump. Pharma posion profile at start, taper amount. Date went to zero opioid. ...

Am I the only one that has ever gone to zero? //

Nite 420/

I'm planning to start a thread that lets members share the details of their personal regimen. I 'd been considering a survey. If we start it now it can be ongoing. I agree with you that it's an important thing to track.

I haven't figured out how to start that one yet, but keep after me please.

TheMadDabber hit zero the other day. :yahoo: He may be struggling, but he's determined. He has a wife and daughter he'd like to offer a better life than what opioids brought him.

I just got a message from my friend with cancer. The other day I'd offered him some pain cream. He's had three surgeries on his neck to relieve pressure from a pinched nerve. The pain is continuious, and we know what the opioids have done.....

Seven years and three surgeries, and this morning he tried that cream on his neck and got instant relief. Not complete relief, but enough that the world outside his pain bubble became visible and enjoyable again.

And they still insist it's dangerous enough to keep on the Schedule. This madness will stop, and sooner than the pharma companies are prepared for.

Sue..can you make an accumulating survey? Check in each 420 person, to opioids, and fill in ‘’old bear excel spread sheet’ capture pump. Pharma posion profile at start, taper amount. Date went to zero opioid. ...

Am I the only one that has ever gone to zero? //

Nite 420/

I’m in the get to zero and stay there club.

So I've got 3 big plants that were flipped 16 days ago. A couple days ago I trimmed them up good and got a bag full of leaves and tiny buds but mostly leaves. Will it be worth it to make some oil out of it? My oven is on the fritz so need to decarb in the insta pot. Was thinking about 3/4 cup of coconut oil, blend it all up with the immersion blender and cook at 210 for 2 or 3 hours.

Thoughts and suggestions?

I do have plenty of bud so could mix some in.

Thanks!

:passitleft:

So I've got 3 big plants that were flipped 16 days ago. A couple days ago I trimmed them up good and got a bag full of leaves and tiny buds but mostly leaves. Will it be worth it to make some oil out of it? My oven is on the fritz so need to decarb in the insta pot. Was thinking about 3/4 cup of coconut oil, blend it all up with the immersion blender and cook at 210 for 2 or 3 hours.

Thoughts and suggestions?

I do have plenty of bud so could mix some in.

Thanks!

There's more on those leaves than we think, IMO. We used to smoke them in more desperate times. I'd give it a try, and if it's not potent enough I'd use it for another similar infusion to beef up the cannabinoid counts.

Might want to cook longer. It won't degrade the THC very much, if at all, and it might infuse better. If I were doing it for 2-3 hours I'd put it in a jar with a good, tight lid and shake it up every 30 minutes at least.

Thank you :passitleft:

There's more on those leaves than we think, IMO. We used to smoke them in more desperate times. I'd give it a try, and if it's not potent enough I'd use it for another similar infusion to beef up the cannabinoid counts.

Might want to cook longer. It won't degrade the THC very much, if at all, and it might infuse better. If I were doing it for 2-3 hours I'd put it in a jar with a good, tight lid and shake it up every 30 minutes at least.

Thank you :passitleft:

Thanks Sue! My only methods for decarb and cooking are the pressure cooker and the mb2. With putting it in a jar, would I put it all in as is or blend it up first and would I leave the top off the pressure cooker and put some water in it to make a double boiler of sorts? OR should I just put it all in the mb2 set it for 4 hours and forget it? Or will that not decarb it?

Thanks again Sue!

Thanks Sue! My only methods for decarb and cooking are the pressure cooker and the mb2. With putting it in a jar, would I put it all in as is or blend it up first and would I leave the top off the pressure cooker and put some water in it to make a double boiler of sorts? OR should I just put it all in the mb2 set it for 4 hours and forget it? Or will that not decarb it?
Thanks again Sue!
The high temp on the MB machine isn't designed to decarb (they mention decarbing first in the instructions) so I would use SweetSue's Instapot times for making the oil. I'll have to go find the time/settings she ended up with unless she gets here first!

Thanks again Sue!
Per my previous post, SweetSue said:
Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction
"I've been having great success with high pressure at 110 minutes (1 hr, 50 minutes). My Instant Pot goes to that setting by default now. :laughtwo: I decarb in the pressure cooker. My hot oil bath check found this was giving me close to what I estimate to be about 80-90% decarb. I don't concern myself with total decarb, now that we know that THCA will perform some of the inflammatory relief functions CBD does. I find I'm very comfortable with a diversified cannabinoid profile in my oils.

I use a pot-in-pot method with my Instant Pot. I purchased it to make FHO, but I'm not happy with the oil quality made like that, so I'm now drying buds low and slo and then making a regular infused with those buds. I feel confident that I'm getting very close to FHO quality this way."

Thanks ITS! Does anyone know who the insta pot experts are? I have too many questions that ar IP related. I'm not sure it's worth it to stress too much over this. Wondering if I might just wing it and see how it turns out, not much to lose.
Give it a bit, they'll show up! SweetSue seems to have done the most experimenting with it, and somewhere in one of her threads she describes her setup, but that high-pressure/110 minutes was the final decision on settings. If I have time later I'll see if I can turn up the post where she describes how she organizes what goes inside.

Thanks again Shed! No rush. At this point it's being pushed off until at least tomorrow. I did do one FHO In the IP that seemed to turn our pretty good so was thinking something along the same lines which was blend up the plant matter in the IP with EVOO but if I remember correctly, I had to finish up the decarb on the stove with a hot oil bath.

I like hummus and you know tangle mKee my toes curl/..lol
I cMe to reply to tngoe and wrote wAy too much. For tasty strains ... I ran into “plum kush” . Yum. Perfect shape, use, Olof, smell and purty too.. plus, lit.. omg.. not going near ethanol...
so are you the gal the sings with the raw meat/?????????
OK....Laughin my butt off now...:rofl::rofl: You don't want to hear me sing...with or without the raw meat! I def check out th plum kush! Sounds yummy!

Hi all. Interesting the discussion on opioids. Been doing my little grows and playing with alcohol extraction / tincture. Of late most active on this thread as regards methods:

Holy Tincture!

As to opioids the relevance is my aged mum. She has osteoporosis and a few other things. Has had a lot of back and leg pain to do with nerves in her back. Doctor has had her on opioids on and off. Morphine patches.

Anyhow, a few weeks ago she went into hospital for an operation on her back. Somewhat successful but there is no full cure for her condition. They kept her in for an extra week though as they found she had compacted bowel. Basically, extreme constipation that had been making her feel quite ill for weeks and could have had worse consequences if she had taken a fall or something. This is something that you can get as a "side effect" of mid-long term opioid use.

Upshot is that she has been using some of the tincture i made. She reckons a half dropper of the batch i gave her taken about an hour and a half before bed has about the same effect on the pain as taking Pandine Forte, and she sleeps well.

The sleeping well thing is something she appreciates as good sleep and rest makes everything else easier to deal with.

She's not giving up on the pills, but the cannabis tincture is something she appreciates.

Inline....
Hi all. Interesting the discussion on opioids. Been doing my little grows and playing with alcohol extraction / tincture. Of late most active on this thread as regards methods:

Holy Tincture!

As to opioids the relevance is my aged mum. She has osteoporosis and a few other things. Has had a lot of back and leg pain to do with nerves in her back. Doctor has had her on opioids on and off. Morphine patches..... cut them in half. Till gone. ..imho..

Anyhow, a few weeks ago she went into hospital for an operation on her back. Somewhat successful but there is no full cure for her condition. They kept her in for an extra week though as they found she had compacted bowel.

The opioids, lost appetite, then anesthesia...that shut down her compromised gut.. they found the obstruction ..they caused.. glad she’s out of hospital.

Basically, extreme constipation that had been making her feel quite ill for weeks and could have had worse consequences if she had taken a fall or something. This is something that you can get as a "side effect" of mid-long term opioid use.

No, that’s the lie/. I! Time /some time weeeks, months/ the metabolite shower and the opioids destroy the leptin/gliptin balance. Hardens stomach.. the ghouls know all about. Know so do you. Ask ,them..

Upshot is that she has been using some of the tincture i made. She reckons a half dropper of the batch i gave her taken about an hour and a half before bed has about the same effect on the pain as taking Pandine Forte, and she sleeps well.

Great reduce to oil via heated evaporate. Or procure , 1000-2000 mg. Thc / thc and some Cbd ..great. So 1.5-3 gyms ‘oil’.
Added to 50-200ml of coconut oil.. expanding the oil..
Add chocolate bits.you choose. Expanding the oil into 12 ounces///300-400 ml chocolate goop.
So you got a pound/ half a key/kilo/ 25 to 42 pieces. Each dose chcoclate is then 25-50 mg per.
Take half .. or whole.. I think the oil consumed that way delivers wake up,to gut, in contact. Her pain will diminish. Get the fentyal patch off her. It’s not morphine, not from nice little poopy plant.. oh no.. it 1000 time concentrate ..fentenyal. In a handy dandy delivery patch..to spoil the fun for the ‘’ herion’ addicts,...look she hurts.. the package says pain medicine... they lied.. fooled me too. Once.. it won’t happen again...

The sleeping well thing is something she appreciates as good sleep and rest makes everything else easier to deal with.

She's not giving up on the pills, but the cannabis tincture is something she appreciates.

Twist up a joint, get a carbuerated tube, or make one from whatever. Let her smoke as much as she wants. Tincture..decanted into warm tea, or hot coffe. Put 1 ml into 10 ml of hot drink. Drink it/ fast or sip..lol every few hours.. imho. Both of you can heal this way...

Back
Top Bottom