A question that belongs in another place where they talk about testing and urine samples and such.

If you ingest undecarbed bud with thc acid content only, does that show up in a blood test?

From Profofpot:

In order for THC-A to become active, it must be decarboxylated (i.e. the carboxylic acid group shown in red must be removed). However, your drug-metabolizing enzymes will not do this. This is why eating raw, unprocessed cannabis will not get you high!

It’s my understanding that it wouldn’t be metabolized the same way THC is. The urine test looks for the metabolite of THC. That says to me that you have to have THC, not THC-A.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

The thing that got me to give up sugar for good was having a 50% reduction in the frequency of my migraines when I quit for two weeks. That was 35 years ago and I'm not even tempted.

When I shifted to time restricted eating I lost much of my cravings for sweets. That caught me by surprise, quite frankly. I still eat some sweets, but it’s nowhere near what I was consuming before. :battingeyelashes:

Hi Sue and study buddies! I hope your move is going well, Sue.
I have had a search and read through most of what is related to my issue, the gallbladder. Technically, it’s the lack thereof in my case.

I use the Magical butter machine for making canna coconut oil. I decarb with the Magical Butter Decarb box. I have followed the recipes that MB has in the instruction manual, which is 7-14 grams herb per cup of oil. Minimum 2 cups. I also follow the suggestion of 1tbsp soy lecithin. Latest batch I opted for 14g/cup hoping to bump the potency up.

This is easily the third or fourth time I’ve made canna coconut caps/oil and every time I only ever feel a very mellow almost CBD-like buzz. I’ve made butter in a slow cooker that I got super medicated from. I often water cure my AVB in a French press and 1-2 tsp feels pretty great. I also, just today weighed out .5g of flower, decarbed @250 for 30mins, and sprinkled it on grahams and chunks of Hershey bar, like a s’mores with no marshmallows. Got right where I want to be and for longer than usual.

I have yet to try a tincture, but I did finally get my hands on some everclear.

I’ve given buddies and my oldest son a couple capsules to take for the cause and all have reported high potency when taking 2 capsules. I have not tried suppositories.

From my understanding, the gallbladder provides bile to aid in the digestion of fats. In the absence of a gallbladder, the liver is forced to pick up the slack. This may be too much for my liver to handle?

Somebody straighten me out here :Namaste:

Hi Sue and study buddies! I hope your move is going well, Sue.
I have had a search and read through most of what is related to my issue, the gallbladder. Technically, it’s the lack thereof in my case.

I use the Magical butter machine for making canna coconut oil. I decarb with the Magical Butter Decarb box. I have followed the recipes that MB has in the instruction manual, which is 7-14 grams herb per cup of oil. Minimum 2 cups. I also follow the suggestion of 1tbsp soy lecithin. Latest batch I opted for 14g/cup hoping to bump the potency up.

This is easily the third or fourth time I’ve made canna coconut caps/oil and every time I only ever feel a very mellow almost CBD-like buzz. I’ve made butter in a slow cooker that I got super medicated from. I often water cure my AVB in a French press and 1-2 tsp feels pretty great. I also, just today weighed out .5g of flower, decarbed @250 for 30mins, and sprinkled it on grahams and chunks of Hershey bar, like a s’mores with no marshmallows. Got right where I want to be and for longer than usual.

I have yet to try a tincture, but I did finally get my hands on some everclear.

I’ve given buddies and my oldest son a couple capsules to take for the cause and all have reported high potency when taking 2 capsules. I have not tried suppositories.

From my understanding, the gallbladder provides bile to aid in the digestion of fats. In the absence of a gallbladder, the liver is forced to pick up the slack. This may be too much for my liver to handle?

Somebody straighten me out here :Namaste:
I dunno nuthin' 'bout gallbladders, but I can tell you the following:
14 gr of weed at 15% THC (estimated) in 473 ml of oil at 85% production efficiency (run the MB2 for 8 hours) gives you a potency of only 3.77mg/ml THC. If you're using 00 capsules which are .90 ml each, then each capsule has even less THC.

How many capsules are you using for a dose? Also, what's your tolerance level vs. your test group?

Just something to consider!

I almost addressed that in the original post, Shed. I’d say my tolerance is at the far end of the scale. One member of the test group definitely has a tolerance almost as close as mine. The others are more recreational users.

I actually did 14g/cup so 28g in 473ml of oil. If you remember I had trouble with access to Excel when we last spoke about Oldbears spreadsheet. RIP to my 10 year old laptop. :rip:
Anyhow, I have not tried taken more than 6 of this batch, it have taken upwards of 10 capsules of my precious batches. The test group took two caps, including the guy with a high tolerance like mine. I took six and nothing.

Can I just say how intimidating the size of this thread is...but I love it. :nomo:
Lots of great information. I didn't realize you could get a PHD in cannabis.:laugh:
I made my second round of RSO oil. 1:1 After taking it every night for a few weeks (which I highly enjoyed), I can no longer feel it. Even in larger doses... I guess it's time to switch strains.

BobbyZ have you considered a cannabinoid fast? Its an abstinence program for a few days which resets your receptors. You will get a better reaction with lower doses.
Thanks, I'm interested. Can you bird dog a link for me?:high-five:

Thank you sir! I appreciate all the hard work being done here! Never ceases to amze how awesome this community is.

I saw @Amy Gardner mention that she was doing a little abstinence and just never made it around to researching it. Ive said it before but Ill say it again, the more I learn the less I know. Ive spent hours researching topics here on :420:.

Making oil, making bubble hash, growing with Doc Buds kit, cloning, reversing sex, making seeds, etc. Don't get me wrong I love every minute of it. If you had told me a couple years ago that I would doing any more than just growing a plant and smoking it, I would have called you crazy.

Thank you sir! I appreciate all the hard work being done here! Never ceases to amze how awesome this community is.

I saw @Amy Gardner mention that she was doing a little abstinence and just never made it around to researching it. Ive said it before but Ill say it again, the more I learn the less I know. Ive spent hours researching topics here on :420:.

Making oil, making bubble hash, growing with Doc Buds kit, cloning, reversing sex, making seeds, etc. Don't get me wrong I love every minute of it. If you had told me a couple years ago that I would doing any more than just growing a plant and smoking it, I would have called you crazy.

We are 100% in the same boat. There is no substitution for experience for every aspect about the hemp plant. Two years ago, I laughed at "pot smokers" while consuming absurd amounts of beer. Now I laugh with them when I consume very little, if any, beer. Now I can sleep like a baby and feel well rested when I wake. My stress is way down. My irritability is way down. I just have to watch out for the anxiety inducing strains (unfortunately that rules out some good stuff). I just need to get some alternatives to smoking a bunch. I really enjoyed my RSO.
Would you guys say you have a large window of time after taking an edible? When I dose, it's a good hour before it takes effect.
:rollit:

Funny you mention, staying away from certain strains that induce anxiety. I am currently suffering from depression and almost all of the symptoms associated with it. I took advantage of @SeedsMan 's Halloween offer and shopped for strains that would benefit me and my condition. The terpene limonene, for example, is one that is supposed to help those with depression. The first plant I grew was Super Lemon Haze and , to my mind, is the prime example of limonene terpenes.
I picked up a CBD strain that has a SLH parent.

I'm not an authority on the subject of absorption, but I'd say atleast an hour for me sometimes almost two hours.

Im not an authority on anything :green_heart:

But Ive seen a lot of info about bioavailability on here. Maximizing this gets you the best results for your cannabis investment.

Dosing 30 minutes after eating helps, what you eat helps, and adding liquid lecithin helps.

My primary method is taking edible oils (olive, coconut) by mouth. Letting this sit under your tongue speeds up starting to feel results. Its 2 or 3 minutes.

Chewing up a portion of any edible and letting it sit under your tongue should speed things up in the same way.

Final point is there is some interesting info about micro dosing at the last line in my signature. Less is more as they say.

Funny you mention, staying away from certain strains that induce anxiety. I am currently suffering from depression and almost all of the symptoms associated with it. I took advantage of @SeedsMan 's Halloween offer and shopped for strains that would benefit me and my condition. The terpene limonene, for example, is one that is supposed to help those with depression. The first plant I grew was Super Lemon Haze and , to my mind, is the prime example of limonene terpenes.
I picked up a CBD strain that has a SLH parent.

I'm not an authority on the subject of absorption, but I'd say atleast an hour for me sometimes almost two hours.

Something Ive discovered is that there is a direct relationship between thc anxiety effects and the amount of sugars in my system. A reduced sugar/carb diet makes the experience much more pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom