No trouble at all!

Two 3oz boxes of regular Jello (with sugar!). I used raspberry.
Three ¼oz packets of plain gelatin
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

I did a pictorial of course, halfway down this post where the pic of the jello boxes is.
Never used corn syrup but just read up on it, I will from now on, good call

Also saw this chocolate covered gummies

YUMMMMMMYYYYYYY
Chocolate_Dipped_Gummy_Bear_Ingredients.jpg

Never used corn syrup but just read up on it, I will from now on, good call

Also saw this chocolate covered gummies

YUMMMMMMYYYYYYY
Chocolate_Dipped_Gummy_Bear_Ingredients.jpg
One of the things I love about gummies is opportunity to add other things into them like magnesium powder, other nutritional supplements, Green's powders. it's a great way to add some nutrition at the same time as the medication and to personalize it as well

One of the things I love about gummies is opportunity to add other things into them like magnesium powder, other nutritional supplements, Green's powders. it's a great way to add some nutrition at the same time as the medication and to personalize it as well

I never thought of doing this. :high-five: Sometime when you’re feeling frisky I’d like to see some particulars on how you do that. :battingeyelashes:

I never thought of doing this. :high-five: Sometime when you’re feeling frisky I’d like to see some particulars on how you do that. :battingeyelashes:
and I'm able to sit down with a real keyboard I'll type in some more particulars

@Oldbear I remember you saying that you thought a higher temp than 160 might be better for infusion so I went looking for info on that. I stumbled across this tidbit relating to decarbing in oil:
"The oil acting as an insulator means that you won’t get a fully activated product if you don’t decarb before the infusion process."

Now granted, this company is selling a product, but they seem to have done the research and have posted their test results. It's an interesting read and seemed worthy of posting here for y'all's perusal.

Other research they did was comparing infusion rates of EVOO, Fractionated Coconut, and Walnut oils. Not all the ones you tried but still interesting data.

@Oldbear I remember you saying that you thought a higher temp than 160 might be better for infusion so I went looking for info on that. I stumbled across this tidbit relating to decarbing in oil:
"The oil acting as an insulator means that you won’t get a fully activated product if you don’t decarb before the infusion process."

Now granted, this company is selling a product, but they seem to have done the research and have posted their test results. It's an interesting read and seemed worthy of posting here for y'all's perusal.

Other research they did was comparing infusion rates of EVOO, Fractionated Coconut, and Walnut oils. Not all the ones you tried but still interesting data.
Very interesting

I love being your friend. :hug:

I’ll have you know I spent the better part of an hour today trying to find out the extraction efficiency of butter, to no avail.

Thank you. Lots of info there. I’ve used their Lift, and when funds become available I’ll probably grab one. Mighty handy device IMO.

Hi Shed thanks a bunch for posting this link. Its a great resource and confirms some things that we thought with real lab tests.

I dont understand though how oils at 200 to 220F serve to insulate the flower and prevent decarb???

That would explain though why a second decarb / infusion run on the same material produces good results.

The 180 degree reference was in the extraction using glycerine post. They claim thats the temp at which the cannabinoids melt.

I wonder too if cbd infusion works the same.

Anyway its a great find. :thanks:

So I’m reading through Roger Pertwee’s Handbook of Cannabis - I’m only in the second chapter, the pharmochological history of cannabis, written by Ethan Russo - and I find myself intrigued by the section on cannabis and burns. The bolding, and a little formatting to isolate methods, is my own:

2.3.3 Cannabis and burns

Pliny the Elder may have been first to write of the benefit of cannabis for this indication,
“It is applied raw to burns, but it must be frequently changed, so as to not let it dry” (Pliny 1951, Book XX, Ch. 97, p. 298).
Variations of this approach continued for many centuries, with occasional elaboration.

Leonhart Fuchs noted, “The raw root, pounded and wrapped, is good for the burn” (translation courtesy of Franjo Grotenhermen) (Fuchs 1999).

Rabelais advised, “If you want to cure a burn, no matter whether it be from boiling water or burning wood, just rub on raw Pantagruelion [hemp], just as it comes out of the earth, without doing anything else. But be careful to change the dressing when you see it drying out on the wound” (Rabelais 1990, Book III, Ch. 51, p. 371).

Parkinson suggested, “Hempe . . . is good to be used, for any place that hath been burnt by fire, if the fresh juyce be mixed with a little oyle or butter” (Parkinson et al. 1640).

Lémery noted hemp “specific for burns” (Lémery 1727). William Salmon described various preparations (Salmon 1710, p. 510):

XVIII. The Oil by Insolation, Infusion, or Decoction. It is good to be applied to any place which is burn’d with Fire, and to remove inflammation in any part; so also if an Oil of Ointment is made, by mixing the fresh juice with Oil Olive, or Hogs Lard, or fresh Butter, it heals Burning of Scaldings after an admirable Manner.

Chomel (1782, pp. 369–370) preferred hemp seed for burns (and tumors), “This oil mixed with a little melted wax, is a good remedy for burns from which it appeases the
pain” (translation EBR).

Marcandier (1758, p. 41, translation EBR) recommended a mixture, “Crushed and ground fresh, with butter in a mortar, one applies to burns, which it soothes infinitely, provided it is often renewed.”

It is noteworthy that all these preparations save the roots employ European hemp, generally in its raw state. This suggests that further investigation of cannabidiolic acid be undertaken. If any is converted in processing to CBD, then certainly its activity as a TRPV1 agonist/desensitizer is germane in decreasing both attendant pain and apoptotic cell death after burns (Radtke et al. 2011).”

Now, what I found so fascinating was I think I may have discovered why it used to be folk medicine to rub butter into a burn you got in the kitchen. I always assumed as a young girl that it was because it was right there and had some curative effect we didn’t understand, although I never got any relief when I tried.

It’s a practice that stopped pretty much everywhere before I was an adult, but I’ve been curious most of my life as to why anyone would even do such a thing?

If your butter had cannabis smooshed into it and then you rubbed it on a burn it’d be much more effective. We’ve forgotten that families used to have hemp plots to supply seed for food, fiber for clothing, and oil for healing purposes. So grabbing a branch of the hemp and smashing it into some butter would have been as easy as running to the kitchen garden.

We’re reinventing the wheel. :rofl:

BACON!!!!!!!! I have found my cream good for burns. (Sunburn too.) :circle-of-love::peace:

I find it good for just about everything. I’m forever pulling out my roller bottle and handing it to someone who went “Ouch!” Lol!

Back
Top Bottom