Hi weenmeoff Thanks for sharing this.

Something I'm working on is the relationship between my reaction to cannabis and the amount of sugar in my system. There is definitely a relationship.

I can be happily going along on some meds. Then if I eat a high sugar anything and boom - the system gets all revved up and weird. I think thats the paranoid reaction. Sugar effects your brain. I think its a dopamine release which why we all like sweets so much.

Its also linked to the munchies. I think my ECS is saying 'hey, I could use some good food here". Items in the 'munchie' food group are typically low grade carbs and processed sugars. Ingesting that increases the blood sugar levels and increases the reaction to cannabis.

I like the acronym ABV

Thanks Bear! I'm on a diet of sorts right now so will take a couple puffs and see how it affects me. Doc said I need to lower my cholesterol or take meds and I ain't taking meds! Been eating very well for a couple weeks and besides a couple slips with candy and sugary treats, not much at all so will not have any or very little sugar when I give it a try.

:passitleft:

Hi weenmeoff Thanks for sharing this.

Something I'm working on is the relationship between my reaction to cannabis and the amount of sugar in my system. There is definitely a relationship.

I can be happily going along on some meds. Then if I eat a high sugar anything and boom - the system gets all revved up and weird. I think thats the paranoid reaction. Sugar effects your brain. I think its a dopamine release which why we all like sweets so much.

Its also linked to the munchies. I think my ECS is saying 'hey, I could use some good food here". Items in the 'munchie' food group are typically low grade carbs and processed sugars. Ingesting that increases the blood sugar levels and increases the reaction to cannabis.

I like the acronym ABV

Thank you for sharing this. Food for deep thought. You're making me a stronger human Oldbear. :hug:

Oldbear Oil Report

Product: Whole flower popcorn buds from outdoor grown Northern Lights Auto

Oil: Avacodo

Cook time: 3 hours at 200F

Intake: about 1/2 ml under the tongue and swished around

Outcome: Ive sample the oil after just one extraction run. The second will happen later today. A very pleasant mild taste. Initial reaction in a couple minutes and slowly building to a very pleasant state over 30 minutes or so.

Solution is very clear without any filtering. I do pour it through a kitchen strainer to remove the buds and bits that fall off.

This is a keeper.

You're not breaking up the buds any,ore, correct?

Sue, are you familiar with this book?
The Biology of Belief 10th Anniversary Edition: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & MiraclesPaperback – October 11, 2016
by Bruce H. Lipton
If not, I think you’ll like it. It echoes what you've said above.

Mike..... You know me so well. :hug:

Haven't we already discussed this? BACON!!!!!:circle-of-love::peace:

:rofl:

How about a bacon fat extraction?

How about it? :battingeyelashes:

Hi Sue you are correct. The flowers are untouched other than a light trim. They come out like this. Crunchy and a mild nutty flavour.

Here is the first run whole bud in avocado oil. Poured through a kitchen strainer to remove chunks. No filtering done. 2nd run in the oven. Using coconut oil.

Hi Sue you are correct. The flowers are untouched other than a light trim. They come out like this. Crunchy and a mild nutty flavour.

Here is the first run whole bud in avocado oil. Poured through a kitchen strainer to remove chunks. No filtering done. 2nd run in the oven. Using coconut oil.

Makes my mouth water just thinking of it Oldbear. I’ve been doing a lot of visiting of members’ homes, and often that means playing with new recipes and techniques. Maybe when I get to Jim’s we can try infusing in Avocado oil. :slide:

If not, when I get back to Brix’s I’ll certainly give some a go.

Today i am trying the instant pot extraction with lecithin added during extraction vs added after extraction. I will be able to do a rough cannabinoids test after each step for comparison (+/- 15%).

I set up two pint mason jars with equal amounts of mct coconut oil and buds and added lecithin to one jar. They are in the instant pot now.

View media item 1642771Will update.

Thank you Cannasavvy. :hug:

Heres the oil after extraction, and after running through a fine mesh strainer.
Some technical difficulties, but

JAR 1 120mg per ml (no lecithin)

JAR 2 99.2 mg per ml ( with lecithin)

This doesnt tell us the bioavailability, and its one quasi scientific test, so take it as you will.

Subjectively, the lecithin oil smells and tastes slightly cleaner.

Heres the oil after extraction, and after running through a fine mesh strainer.
Some technical difficulties, but

JAR 1 120mg per ml (no lecithin)

JAR 2 99.2 mg per ml ( with lecithin)

This doesnt tell us the bioavailability, and its one quasi scientific test, so take it as you will.

Subjectively, the lecithin oil smells and tastes slightly cleaner.

Interesting that the batch with lecithin would smell and taste cleaner. Determining bioavailability would be tricky business, requiring some very specialized testing.

Since SweetSue's original instructions for lecithin was post extraction, I wonder if that would make a difference. And...since the point of the lecithin is to encapsulate the cannabinoids, I also wonder if that encapsulation changes the infusion rate.
Which were the thoughts leading to this experiment.

Thank you ITS, that was my next question - Was there any discernible difference between the two Cannasavvy?

I added lecithin to jar 1, let sit overnight, and retested both jars this am.

1 g infused oil was high shear mixed with 9 g mct coconut oil. Weighed on .001 sensitive scale.

Samples were run through a t check that has been run against 3rd party tested samples.

I was a but surprised to get nearly exactly the same results.

Jar 1 lecithin added post infusion
Test 1 120 mg per ml
Test 2 119 mg per ml

Jar 2 lecithin added pre infusion
Test 1 99.2 mg per ml
Test 2 99.0 mg per ml

There you have it. I will be adding my lecithin post infusion. Next i will make 2 batches of salve for comparison with these infusions.

1 g infused oil was high shear mixed with 9 g mct coconut oil. Weighed on .001 sensitive scale.

Samples were run through a t check that has been run against 3rd party tested samples.

Test 1 120 mg per ml
Test 2 119 mg per ml

Test 1 99.2 mg per ml
Test 2 99.0 mg per ml

There you have it. I will be adding my lecithin post infusion. Next i will make 2 batches of salve for comparison with these infusions.

Thanks for doing this

Test 1 120 mg per ml
Test 2 119 mg per ml

Test 1 99.2 mg per ml
Test 2 99.0 mg per ml

Looks like I will be adding my Lecithin post infusion from now on. :thanks::circle-of-love::peace:

I had to know, and i believe in sharing information as freely as possible.

My entire goal in doing this work is to figure out as much as we can to make cannabis use practical in the average home and put it all out there for free. You’ve added invaluable information. :hug: Now we don’t have to wonder anymore.

Back
Top Bottom