What I found is that the salve I made from the roots and stems (though with some leftover THC mash from a topical pain oil infusion) worked much better on bites and hives and rashes than the high THC (buds only) pain salve. There was no measuring in that batch (like I do with Oldbear's spreadsheet) as it was catch as catch can.

Interesting. Something to contemplate. It may be the diversity of the plant contributions as much as anything.

Thanks Shed. :hug:

New Batch of Pain Cream

This batch of slow-cook oil was 4 grams of Pure Kush in 1/2 cup of coconut oil

The cream was made with
- 50 grams of beeswax
- 100 ml grape seed oil
- 100 grams Pure Kush oil.

I whipped it up with a wisk. It's the consistency of whipped butter and smells divine.

image17551.jpeg

I sent some to a friend with dibilitating back pain and he tells me that, although it doesn't hit the deep bone pain he's challenged with, it has relieved the pain and tension in surrounding muscles, and did so almost immediately. That was a great relief for both of us. My hope is that the CBD capsules he has will begin to help with the bone pain and surrounding inflammation we know must be there until we can get a good harvest in and get him on some THC capsules as well.

Is this still the basic recommended method?

I'm intrested to know what the benefit of lechitin is at all? It doesnt seem to increase the amount infused so why even bother adding it after?

I just found this on a search and it's simple but I'm not sure it's the best way. I think maybe the plant should be decarbed first. And allow plant material to move freely and then strain.

What You Will Need:
  • A crock pot
  • One ounce of cannabis (grind or cut up first)
  • 5 pounds of honey (locally sourced honey is preferred)
  • Cheese cloth
  • String or bread tie
Directions:
  1. Wrap your cannabis in a cheese cloth. Tie the end with a string.
  2. Put the cannabis in your crock pot and pour honey over top.
  3. Cover crock pot and cook on low for five hours, stirring couple times per hour. Do not let boil.
  4. Turn crock pot off. Let honey sit to cool for up to 24 hours.
  5. Remove bundle from the honey, squeezing as much honey from the cheesecloth as possible.
  6. Put your honey into a jar(s).
  7. Enjoy.

Hi everyone. I'm on a quest to understand fundamental differences between coconut oil and olive oil, as choice of carrier for cannabis oil. Am I correctly understanding the author of the post cited below to be saying that swallowing MCT coconut carrier oil takes the THC on a path directly to the liver and in the process inevitably wasting* most of its medicinal value? Whereas an LCT such as olive oil leaves the digestive system via a different route (the lymphatic system) enabling the THC to circulate throughout the body while escaping first pass breakdown by the liver? Do you believe what he's saying is correct? Though is he at the same time implying we should expect to see greater losses in digestion of the olive oil and its payload?

* unless, of course, you take steps to actively inhibit liver function at the same time, but that's a separate issue to what I'm discussing

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/ultra-extreme-super-duper-cannabis-oil-recipe.242989/

(The author of the article posted an almost identical copy on 3 other forums, no one seems to have disagreed with anything in his writing.)

My understanding is that the liver processes delta-9 into 11-hydroxy, but we don’t have much data on the medicinal value of 11-hydroxy because all the money goes to delta-9.

Now, here’s where it gets tricky for me. What volume of cannabinoids can the liver process in any given pass? How often will they get to the liver if they get through at all? We are marvelously made to do near-miraculous levels of chemical processing in the blink of an eye and the liver is a powerhouse for elimination.

The job of those enzymes is to prepare the molecules for elimination by making them more water soluble.

Once the cannabinoids hit the bloodstream they become game to be absorbed into the lymphatic system anyway, because they’re being shepherded in by the carrier oils they’ve associated with and the lecithin assisting. So the big question is, how many molecules of THC can actually pass through the liver without being disassembled and reconfigured by the enzymes?

Of what therapeutic use is what’s left? I’m still dipping my toes into the puddles of a very large ocean. I often consider that a couple years in university studying the ECS and cellular biology might not be a bad thing. Lol!

The process for fatty acids through the gut is to end up in the lymphatic system for further distribution. To me that suggests that anything not metabolized is of greater use as medicine. Olive oil is absorbed from the gut to the lymphatic system where the heavy work of healing is going on. In almost every case I’ll reach for olive oil when I’m making medicine over recreation.

Just a little update on our roughed up buds vs untouched. I don’t know if the camera will do this justice, but the roughed up bud is about 3X the size of the untouched bud. The white widow didn’t enjoy being handled roughly. My speculation is this works well with Sativas and not so w/ Indicas...
Roughed is the 1st photo.

Just a little update on our roughed up buds vs untouched. I don’t know if the camera will do this justice, but the roughed up bud is about 3X the size of the untouched bud. The white widow didn’t enjoy being handled roughly. My speculation is this works well with Sativas and not so Indicas...
Roughed is the 1st photo.
F81DD7DA-C595-42B2-99AC-143C793CF0AD.jpeg

2EF6D0E0-F504-46E2-9DD0-47642CBFF3A2.jpeg

Well good morning Bobby! :hug:

Very interesting. Yes.... let me share these findings in a couple places, if you don’t mind. I’m thinking the gathered over at my grow journal and in the cobbing thread might be interested in your results.

Refresh my memory, if you please: at what point in flowering did you start roughing up, how often did you do so, and at what intervals?

Also, can you explain what signs told you she didn’t like being roughed up?

Well good morning Bobby! :hug:

Very interesting. Yes.... let me share these findings in a couple places, if you don’t mind. I’m thinking the gathered over at my grow journal and in the cobbing thread might be interested in your results.

Refresh my memory, if you please: at what point in flowering did you start roughing up, how often did you do so, and at what intervals?

Also, can you explain what signs told you she didn’t like being roughed up?
Around post #6827 in this thread. It was early in flowering (see photos). I did it twice, roughly a few weeks apart. These are CK CBD Dutch Treat (Sativa dominate). The Rastafarians in the video you posted said do it three times (they were outside), but I chickened out after I did it twice... :ganjamon: They were also scrapping the charas (living plant matter) from their hands.

The WW didn’t bounce back like the Dutch Treat did. WW leaves stayed damaged and didn’t swell like her other WW sister. It still grew, I just didn't see it benefit this WW plant. I noticed the leaves on the WW were more delicate, soft, and sticky...

Around 21:00 mark...

Back
Top Bottom