Take hope then Anchutz. :hug::hug: Cannabis will potentiate your pain meds, increasing the effectiveness as well as extending their therapeutic window. The rule is to never let an opiod pass your lips without a complementary dose of THC.

With proper dosing you can anticipate cutting back on the opiods. That's a good start. As you find the strains that offer your particular body the relief you seek you begin to fine tune the dose. Suddenly you discover that you're needing the opiods less and less.

It's not a pipe dream, or wishing for an impossible future. It's real potential for living with reduced or eliminated pain, brought on by careful introduction and maintenance of a well-crafted cannabinoid protocol.

Welcome to our study hall. If there's a way, and we believe that with all our might, this band of diligent cannabis warriors will do all we can to help you find it.

You have posted "oil" information that has helped me dramatically with severe pain from a degenerative neuropathic disease, so thank you Sue. The last 13 years I've had several Neurostimulator implants, injections, nerve Ablations and more, all that worked a little, but I still had excruciating pain days for no apparent reason. On one particular weekend I was in a fetal position in bed, my son came in and says "It's so hard to watch you in pain dad, it's breaks my heart" - Tears were welling up in his eyes. "I know you hate marijuana but this may help, he printed out info from Dr Gupta and other sources and produced a joint. He did his homework. Prior to this, I had not been a proponent of legalizing weed, I had tried it in college and felt warm and tingly and a bad experience happened that made me wish I hadn't been stoned, I got a call that my father had a heart attack and may not make it. He lived, but I swore that was the last time I would ever do it. Back to my son, I could see that seeing me in pain was causing him anguish. Anyway, I resisted, while he lit up I kept saying "no way", then I will never forget look on his face and how it affected him to see me anguish in pain. I had never considered the affect of my chronic pain and how it had traumatized my family, how could I have forgotten them? They are my most important. In twenty minutes we were talking and laughing, I had forgot about the pain and didn't realize it. While I was laughing and giggling and he started to tear up again and gave me a hug saying how good it was to see me happy again. It was the best I felt in many years, maybe ever. :) The affects of chronic pain are devasting to an entire family and I had being selfish by clinging to old principals and the lies they were based on. So, I since started on a quest to find the truth and what works for me, I found that different strains, THC and constituent components, are variable in how your body's pain receptors react to it. so, I thought I found the right strain but the product variability from dispensary to dispensary made it impossible to have a consistant product, I think they saw me coming. So, I bought a magical butter machine so process is same, since it only takes large quantities of weed to make a recipe, experimentation gets expensive and frustrating. Some strains actually made me focus on the pain more. I found that medicating with bud oil and warm coconut oil shot works well for me. I am not in a position to grow so I must rely on recommendations or "test results" from dispensaries I buy meds from. The more I learn the more health concerns I have about what weed I am putting into my body, pesticides and growth fertilizers?. I am consistent with how I take them but still get huge differences in product quality, which is a biggie, a crappy ounce means more pain, expense and floor sweepings. You can't rely on reviews since so many people like free weed more than truth. Are there ways to try minimize variability, It says medical and tested but I don't see many results than THC and Terps.

Sorry for the novel, I stated out wanting to express a heartfelt Thank You Sue! for the information. You sharing this information bettered the quality of my life and those around me.

Best,

Hi Sue, Hi HashGirl, Hi All,

A quick calculation gives HashGirl's 1/2 tsp dose as .58g. That means the 1/2 tsp dose is the equivalent to consuming 4.5 capsules.

Keep up the good work Sue!

Peace.

I loved that post !! It's a good reason ( one of many ) to grow your own and then no conglomerate pharm syndicate can mess with us , Anchutz , hope that is the end of your 13's !!

Hi all.....me again, feeling very defeated.
I never have received any kind of answers to my questions a while back. (regarding strain, seeds, etc.)
If I cannot get answers here, perhaps someone could point me to a thread/forum that can advise me. I've searched for sweetsue's breast cancer thread, but can't find it.
thanks in advance:thanks:

Hi, I'm trying to get my 40 posts!
I have to say this to you all. It seems that the most posters are people who have all kinds of raw materials at their disposal. I have MMJ card, but that's all I can get (dispensary products).
I am not getting into the stoner culture, I am looking to cure 2 conditions. BC & Lyme. I did the stoner thing 45 years ago!
The Lyme page is a huge disappointment......but maybe the sparse participation is a good thing if it means that not many people are dealing with Lyme. Sadly, I don't think that that is the case; I think it is more that people with Lyme might not think to look at a cannabis website.
The BC issue is huge, as I am putting off starting the med. I was given. I've been using the tincture from the pharmacy, hoping to build up a tolerance for higher doses. Again, I don't want to get high on a regular basis, I'm trying to heal. :Namaste:

I love all the philosophy here. Congrats on your study hall Magnus. :bravo:

Thanks so much, Merryali, I'm sorry, but I know nothing about dosing yet, or cancer or strains for it, or I would take up your challenge. I'm so sorry I cannot help you.

Maybe one way to get your answers it to list your exact questions in point form, numbered by 1), 2), 3) etc. Keep them short and to the point. Ask specific people for their input.

Maybe this will help, I don't know. I, too, have found it difficult to get straight answers here until I did that. Even then, I didn't get all my questions answered. Only one. Mind you, that was the most important one for me, and I thought i would just ask the other questions later, maybe only one per post.

I hope this helps. I think that everyone here is so busy brainstorming their ideas that they forget that people might be in desperate situations at THIS very moment.

So, ask away. Hope you get your answers.

I think it's sad that there are so many big pharmaceutical companies who have no compassion at all for the end user (the patient) and that they're just in it to make money like these companies:

Drug Goes From $13.50 a Tablet to $750, Overnight

It is sad HashGirl, there's no disputing it, but I choose to drive right past how dismal it might appear right now to how wonderful it'll be in the future when holistic medicine takes its rightful place in the healing arts again. Knowledge is power.

Dwelling on the abuses of the past or the frustration of the present only keeps us from making a clearer path to the future open access we all desire. I'm allowing myself to feel that reality and joyfully anticipate its arrival. At the very least I stop fueling the negative energy I know doesn't help my ECS work efficiently.

Plus, it feels better to believe the future is brighter. :cheesygrinsmiley: After all, it's the truth. The universe always works on our behalf. Even in the case of the pharmaceutical companies. Think of it this way, they did us all big favor. We now know, beyond any doubt, that natural medicines are a necessary part of what makes us work. Something tells me that wasn't what they started out to prove.

I loved that post !! It's a good reason ( one of many ) to grow your own and then no conglomerate pharm syndicate can mess with us , Anchutz

Thanks, I'd love to grow my own but that's not in the cards for me now so have to outsource flower or oil until a grow becomes an option.

I never have received any kind of answers to my questions a while back. (regarding strain, seeds, etc.)
If I cannot get answers here, perhaps someone could point me to a thread/forum that can advise me. I've searched for sweetsue's breast cancer thread, but can't find it.

Hi Ali! I recommend White Widow from Crop King Seeds (sponsor here with very strong reputation for service and quality judging from many grow journals.) It's very high in THC that you need for breast cancer. You also mentioned Lyme disease. WW is also a very balance hybrid that is uplifting during day and still helps me sleep at night. It's also easy to grow. I'll be replacing my WW clones with new seeds from CKS for next grow.

If you want a CBD strain they also have CB Dream. A couple growers have recommended that as easy to grow. It's a variation of Blue Dream so should also be more uplifting.

Finally I mention their Autoflowers which are simpler to grow than photoperiod plants. They have auto version of WW.

Vibration is also light and odor. The varying frequency of light waves could explain outdoor expression, but not indoor. That's curious, isn't it? It's as though they create memory response within the cells cued to the regular schedule.

With autos I've always suspected it was their way of saying "Enough already!" :laughtwo:

regular schedule is key to your deliberate waking. dont forget wheaties in the morning. War- getting down " Early in the morning, before you eat your wheaties , you gotta get down, smoke a good half a pound " It's long but I love that song

5 more posts to go!
Question: is CBD hemp oil useful for anything?

Sue, I took a nap today and upon awakening I sat up and "sort of" shouted "I'm ready to play!!"
Will do this every morning. Will see what happens!!!

Hi, I'm trying to get my 40 posts!
I have to say this to you all. It seems that the most posters are people who have all kinds of raw materials at their disposal. I have MMJ card, but that's all I can get (dispensary products).
I am not getting into the stoner culture, I am looking to cure 2 conditions. BC & Lyme. I did the stoner thing 45 years ago!
The Lyme page is a huge disappointment......but maybe the sparse participation is a good thing if it means that not many people are dealing with Lyme. Sadly, I don't think that that is the case; I think it is more that people with Lyme might not think to look at a cannabis website.
The BC issue is huge, as I am putting off starting the med. I was given. I've been using the tincture from the pharmacy, hoping to build up a tolerance for higher doses. Again, I don't want to get high on a regular basis, I'm trying to heal. :Namaste:

Hello Ali. :hug: :love: It can be a bit frustrating in the beginning. Sometimes it's so busy in here that things get missed. You'll need 50 posts before you can PM, I believe. Until then, I beg of you to be patient with us and ask again.

The cancer thread isn't mine, it's Cajun's. I just monitor it and drop all kinds of resource materials when I come across something I think will help. Here's the link to the beginning of that thread. I recommend you read the first five pages completely, but feel free to post your questions there about the breast cancer on the current page. Cajun's knocking down his own reaccuring cancer, so we need to be patient with him as well.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

I'm not certain what question you're referring to. I thought we caught all of yours. I apologize for overlooking it. I realize you're dealing with a lot right now and part of my intent is to help you find more ease in the process. Your prognosis is excellent Ali. Dispensary goods are perfectly acceptable. One only need know what to go after. Once you have oil it can be processed into more bioavailable medication and you can begin healing.

You're waking up playful. You're already healing. I'm proud of you girl. :high-five: I'll add your name to the list of lab rats resetting the emotional tone. In the case of cancer I believe this step may be indispensable.

Supergroomer's wife uses cannabis to treat Lyme disease.

Ali, the stoner culture is propaganda. We all consume, at one rate or another. The truth of the matter is that we all have compromised endocannabinoid systems. Any cannabinoids we get in are helping the body heal. That "stoner culture" idea is one of the ways they're using to try to keep us from going completely legal. In states where cannabis is legal opioid use is dramatically reduced and teen use of cannabis has dropped appreciably.

Propaganda works. That's why they use it. Knowledge is power.

Thanks, I'd love to grow my own but that's not in the cards for me now so have to outsource flower or oil until a grow becomes an option.

Thank you for sharing. :hug:

No need to apologize. There's something about the air in this room, so full of acceptance people tend to spill their guts when they come through the door. We're used to it. :laughtwo: Also, I expect you to avoid ever apologizing for being lengthy in this study hall. Lol! I'm the worst offender in this regard, and I have no intention of changing my style at this stage of my life.

Your story brought me to tears. The propaganda, and the pain they continue to perpetuate because of it can be a bit much to forgive, but forgiveness is necessary for continued healing, so we have to let it go. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We've been experimenting with some deliberate waking you might want to consider. Participation can be expected to bring you unexpected clarity, which I'd hope would lead you to some healing modality for the pain management. In basic terms it's simply to awaken every morning and proclaim out loud, with the glee of a small child

"I'm ready to play."

I'm suggesting a minimum 30 day prescription. It's a game, and the way you play is to hang onto that gleeful feeling as long as you can, without trying. When it slips away laugh and remind yourself that you get to start all over again tomorrow.

You're resetting the emotional tone control of your ECS with this exercise. We have no proof of this, but many of us are discovering a clarity we hadn't found before, and as one progresses the irritants of life become less so. Opportunity you missed in your pain and confusion become obvious and life becomes a tumble of joyful expression.

I'd like to invite you to join us.

I'm heartened that you're working out the strains that work for you. This community is a wonderful resource to help with that. I have a thread in the medical forums on cannabis for pain, and I recently took a class on chronic pain. I haven't formatted the notes into a thread, but you might get some valuable information from the class notes. I'll link you to that post.

SweetSue's Class Notes

Please, feel free to ask anything.

I've heard the frustration over how dense the information is in this space. As a brainstorming area we're always going to be overloaded with materials, but I'm hoping to make it somewhat easier to wade through.

I've reviewed the first ten pages and organized the most pertinent information. I'd appreciate if you all would look it over and tell me if it's working for you at this point. It'll likely morph a bit while I integrate the next 190 pages. :laughtwo: Obviously an ongoing project. Once I get it caught up it'll be easier to keep abreast of it. Please be patient with me. I'll work it as quickly as I can without burning myself out. It's something I want done, and it's satisfying to finally get it started.

There's still only one of me, even if it feels like I must have a back up. :laughtwo:

The link to the ongoing project. This link is to my class notes thread, where I organize.

SweetSue's Class Notes

Thanks guys. I appreciate the reviews. :hug:

I'm going to bed now. Good night. :love:

I'll grant that they are refining the poison. I have problems with continuing to make people suffer like that when we have a medication that could be freely available if necessary that kills cells through apoptosis and leave the healthy ones behind. Shock and awe medicine enriches doctors. The paultry success rate should have shut the field down years ago.

Welcome Moe. I'd bet you're more beautiful than the user name suggests. :hug: Nice to have you join us. Is there anything in particular we can help you with? Usually, someone with your small post count shows up here first with a need to learn something right now!

What can we help you with?

Thanks for the welcome Sue.
I am not really looking for fast answers. I'm reading everything trying to get Ed -ja-medicated.
I'll tell you my story and how I found my way here. In April 2015 I was diagnosed stage 3c colon rectal cancer. I went threw the standard treatment chemo/radiation,surgery to remove tumor, more chemo and a year later surgery to reconnect my plumbing.
During my treatment I was talking to a friend who's wife also had cancer and I told him I was on meds to help eat and sleep. A couple days latter be brought me a 1/4 oz. so that was two prescription I no longer needed. That little bit lasted along time because I only used it for sleep. And I'm a THC light weight.
Since then I have done two grows.
I have read a lot about CBD so one of my plants in last grow was AC/DC. All I can say about AC/DC is wow!! I wish I had this last year. My ileostomy reversal surgery has been a very hard one to recover from. It's like there is a lost signal from the rectum to colon to the brain. The colon goes into spasms and does not know when to stop. Imodium does slow it down and its about the best doctors can do. Well I don't want to jinxes it and speak to soon but AC/DC over the last three days has stopped the spasms. In fact I have not felt this good in almost four years and I'm only taking a few hits off the pipe.
I am looking forward to making oil, butter and lotion with this stuff.
So you got a new stalker

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the welcome Sue.
I am not really looking for fast answers. I'm reading everything trying to get Ed -ja-medicated.
I'll tell you my story and how I found my way here. In April 2015 I was diagnosed stage 3c colon rectal cancer. I went threw the standard treatment chemo/radiation,surgery to remove tumor, more chemo and a year later surgery to reconnect my plumbing.
During my treatment I was talking to a friend who's wife also had cancer and I told him I was on meds to help eat and sleep. A couple days latter be brought me a 1/4 oz. so that was two prescription I no longer needed. That little bit lasted along time because I only used it for sleep. And I'm a THC light weight.
Since then I have done two grows.
I have read a lot about CBD so one of my plants in last grow was AC/DC. All I can say about AC/DC is wow!! I wish I had this last year. My ileostomy reversal surgery has been a very hard one to recover from. It's like there is a lost signal from the rectum to colon to the brain. The colon goes into spasms and does not know when to stop. Imodium does slow it down and its about the best doctors can do. Well I don't want to jinxes it and speak to soon but AC/DC over the last three days has stopped the spasms. In fact I have not felt this good in almost four years and I'm only taking a few hits off the pipe.
I am looking forward to making oil, butter and lotion with this stuff.
So you got a new stalker

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good morning Moe. :hug: Wonderful history, gross cancer visitation notwithstanding. Kinda makes you wanna scream at all the wasted years, don't it? Yeah..... we'll let that one go. They're hoping we stay lost in anger and frustration over the scam they pulled on us, but we have better plans to laugh our way into a brighter future. :laughtwo:

I'll have you know I gave a shout of glee, clapped my hands and shouted "YES!" when I read you're two grows into taking your healthcare back into your hands. Everything from here back is ancient history, told only to show how far we've come.

I knew AC/DC was an excellent anti-spasmatic Moe, but you're the first patient I,be personally had contact with that's used it to this effect. This is why it's so sought after. I've become a loud advocate for always including a CBD dominant, or at least a balanced ratio plant in each grow. Mine this time is the CBD Critical Cure. That balanced ratio was relief for my daughter's anxiety disorder. There's speculation that CBD has been misnamed as a cannabinoid, and may in fact be something completely different, yet to be pinned down. It's a multi-tasker to put the most organized woman to shame. Lol!

My next step in my own self-paced studies is to dive into 2-AG and see what wonders are hidden there. I figure learning as much as I can about the endogenous cannabinoids would give me further insight into what the phytocannabinoids are doing. It's a glorious adventure that gets me so deep into cellular biology I'm thinking that might be the course of study I could look into at Pitt or the local community college. Auditing courses is sounding like something I need to at least look into.

Don't hesitate to ask anything. We're gonna hit 200 pages today, and I'm attempting to get it catalogued up to this point so incomers don't feel like they're drowning in the information. :laughtwo: Make yourself at home. I'm off for a brownie and a shower, get this day off to a racous start. Lol!

Have you caught wind of our experiment in deliberate waking? Care to join us in this romp with the universe? If you need further explaination..........

Lab Rats: I've been considering starting a thread dedicated to deliberate waking. Just a place to log in your intent to start and any reporting you want to do as your initial month goes on. How does this sound to you all? It'll get this part of my curious brain out of our discussion on the oils, which is what I'd asked us to focus on in the beginning. Of course, I'm not certain my brain is going to slow down at all, categorized or not.

Maybe instead, start one on the ECS and let this experiment be part of that one. Nah,....... I'm thinking two new threads may be called for. I'd like to get the experiment separated out. I'll see about doing that today. I have a garden to tend first. The number of threads I'm covering is becoming quite substantial. I almost never get out to the yards anymore, although with all this deliberate waking that doesn't concern me the same way it used to. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm doing an awlful lot of socializing in all these threads I'm running. :laughtwo:

Hi Sweet one :hug:
Lots of energy and ideas, it sounds like a good thread "deliberate waking"
But, remember the cardinal, and seeing one was suppose to give you a message. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom