Ok so help me out here. Two questions.

1. 20g bud grinded, not too fine.
100ml olive oil

This pretty much got soaked into the bid immediately. Shook and it all stuck to the sides so had to push back down.

I added a little water in because i was going to have to add more oil!
Hoping I can evaporate this off..

2. 20g critical cure : 100ml olive oil.

1:5 mix. Around 8% cbd and 6% thc. All I have until others are available to me soon.

Am I right in saying this means 5ml has 8mg cbd and 6mg thc? So would need some huge doses over a day for getting to 100/200mg per day. That's alot of capsules!

What am I doing wrong?

8% CBD x 0.85 extraction efficiency = 0.068 (multiplier)
0.068 x 20 grams = 1.36 gr available CBD
1.36 x 1000 = 1,369 mg available
1,360/100 ml oil = 13.6 mg CBD/ml oil

6% THC x 0.85 = 0.051
0.051 x 20 = 1.02
1.02 x 1000 = 1,020
1,920/100 = 19.2 mg THC/ml oil

Next time don't worry about adding extra water. As it cooks it degrades into a mash and the oils are released. There's always more in there than you thought there was. If you feel the need to add more liquid, I'd recommend you make it an additional measured amount of oil instead.

To get to the doses you want you'll have to take more capsules or get a more potent strain to work with, something we're encouraging anyway, and you already plan to do.

Thanks!

Question Sue, I'm on page 145 now! Been reading how shiggity was veering you towards rosin pressing. Does it rival cco?

Absolutely nira. It's pure concentrated cannabis oil, without any need for a solvent. It's still in my plans, and would be my preferred method of making concentrates.

145 pages in? Good work. :high-five: You're a brave soul. Lol!

Absolutely nira. It's pure concentrated cannabis oil, without any need for a solvent. It's still in my plans, and would be my preferred method of making concentrates.

145 pages in? Good work. :high-five: You're a brave soul. Lol!

Walmart now sells a rosin press.....online only and around $300US.

Walmart now sells a rosin press.....online only and around $300US.

Get out! Really? Hahaha! Commerce rules. Lol! Do you think the country at large has any indication yet as to the economic machine hobby cannabis cultivators will become? Pots, soil building supplies, lights, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, nutrient lines, rosin presses....... We all know how unending that list is. :laughtwo:

Get out! Really? Hahaha! Commerce rules. Lol! Do you think the country at large has any indication yet as to the economic machine hobby cannabis cultivators will become? Pots, soil building supplies, lights, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, nutrient lines, rosin presses....... We all know how unending that list is. :laughtwo:

Not even mentioning renewable...insect resistant...fast growing...fiber that can replace wood AND petroleum plastics. Revolutionary indeed.

Quick first post.
I started reading lab rats extraction methods, and some of his and his chemist dad's techniques.
Then I red for a month.
I made some canna butter , canna coconut oil, and like the coconut oil. Later it's skips the 'oil extraction' in terms of rso, but it is extraction nonetheless.
I make chocolate with infused coconut oil.
I make chocolate with store bought extractions, rso, bho, etc..
I bought the cusinart fondue maker for;

Hot oil baths:
decarb herbals
Evaporating alcohol extractions in mid-process.more later...!!!!!
Decrabing oil

Have precision scale, it came today. After my first extraction completion. Yeah....
Have thermometers. Finally..a controlled process...

Ok,, I have just evaporated the polish 194 spirits, 3 ounces. I extracted , decarbed weed, using 0 F, all temp for me F, alcohol, weed, and mason jar. Mixed, cold, shaken, sit ice cold 5 minutes, shake, sit ice cold 15 minutes, strain and pour off into clean container.""

Ok,since I had started with decarb, as you all must do...you must decarb or herb prior to extraction, for best results. 240 F for 36 minutes or so. 1/2 ounce of first extraction liquid pulled into tincture... more later in tincture group..

Ok, I'm a patient as well as engineer, so I had to rest. I was a good point. All weed infused into sports, all sports now filtered and resting in freezer overnight. There was a second extraction, much less, and kept s-erase overnight.

I must stop,for now..
First post and ,,
Well
REgrads for now,
Marc

Quick first post.
I started reading lab rats extraction methods, and some of his and his chemist dad's techniques.
Then I red for a month.
I made some canna butter , canna coconut oil, and like the coconut oil. Later it's skips the 'oil extraction' in terms of rso, but it is extraction nonetheless.
I make chocolate with infused coconut oil.
I make chocolate with store bought extractions, rso, bho, etc..
I bought the cusinart fondue maker for;

Hot oil baths:
decarb herbals
Evaporating alcohol extractions in mid-process.more later...!!!!!
Decrabing oil

Have precision scale, it came today. After my first extraction completion. Yeah....
Have thermometers. Finally..a controlled process...

Ok,, I have just evaporated the polish 194 spirits, 3 ounces. I extracted , decarbed weed, using 0 F, all temp for me F, alcohol, weed, and mason jar. Mixed, cold, shaken, sit ice cold 5 minutes, shake, sit ice cold 15 minutes, strain and pour off into clean container.""

Ok,since I had started with decarb, as you all must do...you must decarb or herb prior to extraction, for best results. 240 F for 36 minutes or so. 1/2 ounce of first extraction liquid pulled into tincture... more later in tincture group..

Ok, I'm a patient as well as engineer, so I had to rest. I was a good point. All weed infused into sports, all sports now filtered and resting in freezer overnight. There was a second extraction, much less, and kept s-erase overnight.

I must stop,for now..
First post and ,,
Well
REgrads for now,
Marc

:welcome: Marc. :hug: Engineer speak, I love it. Direct and to the point. So unlike my meandering ass it's amazing. Lol! Now that you have some precision instruments on hand I'm sure the relief is deeply felt.

Kuddos on your dedication to finding a process you could work with and then having the courage to actually do it. :high-five: Your first concentrated oil extraction, I take it? I still recall the rush of trepidation followed by the delicious sense of satisfaction that I'd pulled it off.

You may or may not be aware that Lab Rat no longer uses that technique with the longer soak. The three 3-minute washes do a much better job of pulling the oils without so much chlorophyll and such. Have you added, or are you planning to add any liquid sunflower lecithin to your oil to increase bioavailability? Worth giving thought to, and it can be done at any time in the future by simply gently heating the concentrated cannabis oil and stirring the two together, then tossing back in the fridge for 24 hours before using.

So...... what can we do to help you?

:welcome: Marc. :hug: Engineer speak, I love it. Direct and to the point. So unlike my meandering ass it's amazing. Lol! Now that you have some precision instruments on hand I'm sure the relief is deeply felt.

Kuddos on your dedication to finding a process you could work with and then having the courage to actually do it. :high-five: Your first concentrated oil extraction, I take it? I still recall the rush of trepidation followed by the delicious sense of satisfaction that I'd pulled it off.

You may or may not be aware that Lab Rat no longer uses that technique with the longer soak. The three 3-minute washes do a much better job of pulling the oils without so much chlorophyll and such. Have you added, or are you planning to add any liquid sunflower lecithin to your oil to increase bioavailability? Worth giving thought to, and it can be done at any time in the future by simply gently heating the concentrated cannabis oil and stirring the two together, then tossing back in the fridge for 24 hours before using.

So...... what can we do to help you?[/QUOTE

I don't know.
I will,continue that post with pics, but this was my first ethanol extract. Yielding ;
A vial of polish vodka, 3/4 oz., with 250 mg of thc infused. A dropper full is 25 mg thc +/- 8.
The rest of the ethanol, 2.25 oz, had wash one and wash two intermingled, yielding 400mG. Or the reddish nicest weed oil I have ever seen....except the medical extracts.. I'm talking old school honey oil, bho oil, rso oil... I made a cold qew clean extract. Two,passes , 5. Knute initial , and then a 15. I Yates second, then pour through filter.
That's first pass, took tincture from that.
Put back in freezer.
Rewashed the weed #w. Much less fresh ethanol, its wet..lol.
Same routine 5 mintute, shake, 15 minute shake again. 15. Knute and pour through filter. That is #2 extract.

...... note... I have taken that weed, double washed, dried in friggerator and have examined. There is nothing sticky, icky, or nice on it, in it it's weird. It's look like weed, but you can't possibly get high, I washed all,the crap off it.... btw, if anyone want a sample of washed, it's so clean I'll email,it...sase please...

Ok,next morning.. the first extraction had slight fine crap on settled out bottom , great. Greenish color..more later..color...change..

The second extraction... it had ice crystals and the second extract had more weed blow by. All this came out in coarse screen filter. Like dump , liquid goes south, icy crap in strainer. Dump strainer it's crap. Here's why....

Anything in pure ethanol, like thc the terrines we want, Cbd, can,etc doesn't freeze. Water and crap does. As it coagulated, and we are fast enough to dump icy crap,out of a strainer, out it goes.

Ok what was left was evaporated.. setup
Oil bath.. cuts art fondue set, with laser, and continuous read sensor. (I just acquired all precision items for qwe)..
Set oil to 190.
Had mason jar the extract was in!..it it the carrier for the oil,bath..ceramic insulator on bottom..
Ok, the alcohol is bubbling...

Wait... before I cooked the green dragon fluid...
I placed jar in direct 9 am sun.
Returned at 9;42
The liquid was earthy brown/green.. nice.

Ok we are in container, boiling away.. folks that end 40 seconds, is when the magic happens , the last of the ethanol is leaving and the temperature rises, you can see the temp rise . I cut it off and using gloves help jar and swirled the last minute. Beautiful red oil..
I let it cool. Took pictures... I'll post them..

Ok, I dabbed some, two hit. Oh my! Eureka. Rso clean enough to dab. And I used premium medical weed not trim,skim and that, oh no. The red must be that red and orange inhe trio mess, right? Ok, the oil was excellent. I emptied a cap, and put in 50 mg that's a mess. I have some syringes, vials for the ..end product coming...lol forgot the what to do,with it, so I'm dunking right out of the jar I made it in..

.....in part two. The rest of the weed, decarbed, went to a hot coconut oil extraction. I used 2:1 oil to water in tiny crock pot. This time 2 ounce , coconut oil, 10 gram >20% thc weed*, cooked for 75 minutes. String every 20,adding tiny water if needed. ..pour through strain, into oil/cooler/separator/collector empty Chinese food container, quart sized, put in frig.. ok there a trick right before you chill out, put a layer of crushed ice into the separator. The ice will,melt, it's not oil, it's not like the water in there, so it lifts the good oil out of the water. Try it you'll see. llol..... ok, when cooled the oil comes out from the water. ..go to sleep...
Reheat...filter through cheese cloth, put into double boiler. Reclaimed 1.75 ounces..hurray.. add 10,chcocltd chip, scoop milk powder, scoop chcoc powder, scoop confection sugar, squirt of honey, 1/4 tea of..vanilla..rum..them min.creme mint. Each 1/4 tea.. heat slow.its all thc, all,decarbed, nice chocolate.. ok.. trick. You do want to heat the chocolate melt and hold it there to convert sugars, we added, into sweet taste, so get to 142-169 f hold for few. Minutes.. you'll see color shift. Pour into mold. Chill eat.
10 gems in... * .2 * .8*.8..===1250 mg thc ...w0 plus pieces.. 40-50 mg per candy. Betcha can't just eat one..
I eat three a day...

So why did I even try this qew?????

The point of making rso oil. Is to make chocolate from the evaporated extract. The thought being the qew washes and maintains thc, and many terpines. The evaporation is relatively cool temp,and doesn't hurt things. And then I can divert some before it's evaporated into tincture, and use oil, infused back into the coconut oil, but this time. Cool process, , in fact the jar I have is drying out.. so I can put in coconut oil heat jar stir and make chocolate with that, removing this first batch from the jar. .. I think extract with ethanol and use the rso oil from evaporated,will be a more productive route. Ideas. What do you do,with the oil?
Dab
Make caps
Tincture
Infuse into coconut and make.....everything..

Ok..that's what happened and why.

I have been cooking with weed for years.
I used to use butter and brownie.
Now, extract into coconut oil, or buy rso and did to coconut oil and make chocolate .
Imho, earring chocolate, with weed oils, go hand in hand...hey scoop red oily tar into a gel cap isn't girl scouting.. and I like making chocolate, no you all,have my receipe ,too.lol..

Ok, Susan....been reading and thinking about the edition of 4-42 drops of water into the evaporating oil. The reasons given are all,fascinating. That means they don't make complete sense, but taken all together, you get the feeling there's something good there, long lost, and needs explained...here goes..

'You are adding the water to a mixture of ethanol and canna-oil. We went to great extent to remove all water from our solvent, we paid dearly for no water..hmm...
We freeze out water and winterize prior to evaporating, we pay dearly for no water.

So after hours.. we add 4-0 drops of water.. what what's it do. Well in small,amounts mixtures of water and alcohol act as a mixture . Kinda like a new material, it raises the boiling point of the slurry. Why water boils at 212 alcohol 170. If you go to zero alcohol to fast to hot you go too hot.
If you add water you can be sloppy. That's all. It's gives you time for the last 1-2 minutes of heated evaporation. Once you de activate this process by removing heat. Things stop really fast. Which is good.
So , I didn't add water. But my process was oil,bath, very controlled and slow at the end affair.

And thanks to you all, sushi etc, Susie..lab rat. So many others and so many more.

Ok...you must decarb your weed to activate the fun thc when you want to,use cannabis . The idea is a stable, constant 240 f for e0 minutes, plus warm up soaking time.. ...it's not 240,the instant you put it in...add time or measure it with probe.. you must measure this.
Don't use the oven method..DO NOT DECRBOLY YOUR WEED IN THE OVEN.....
AN OVEN IS NOT STABLE ENOUGH TO USE ON MARIJUANA,PERIOD."

Ok.time for..chocolate?

That was delightful reading Marc. May I call you Marc? I'll give you reps just for the chocolate recipe, although the crushed ice idea made me jump up and down that the cosmos sends such brilliant characters to cross my path. :hug:

I'll have to read that a few more times and likely write it up in a way my brain can translate it more clearly, but OMG, you really pack the data in there don't you? :laughtwo:

I like the explaination that those drops of water allow you to be a little sloppy. That can come in handy with someone like me who can be easily distracted. Lol!

I can't wait to see your photos and scrutinize this more closely. Don't you just love the diverse ways we can turn this marvelous plant into nutrition and medicine? :slide: Brownies are my favorite. I do a capsule regimen that's my baseline, but brownies are my preferred method. My brownies carry a whopping 75 mg of THC and I typically take two a day, morning and evening.

The capsules are made with FHO (fresh harvest oil) and have half the THC value of the brownies, but slightly more CBD than THC, and that ratio lights every cell in my body up. It quickly replaced the brownies, although I still keep some in the freezer for those days when I really crave cannabinoid-laden chocolate deliciousness. :battingeyelashes:

I make a special oil mix for my brownies, prepared per batch, that doesn't strain out the plant material. I use it for additional fiber and micronutrients. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok sweet sue... just been reading and had a question...

So, is there a link or two, top level hierarchical stuff, for qewe, cold, 'rso', (room temp I gues) that summarize the finished work, or at least a refereed final set of core process to perform an ethanol wash extraction, followed by evaporation, in order to get clean MJOIL.?

Rso, rick Simpson, is now a business. His in a book, online... has been improved upon.
///?

Sue.. one other.. the soy Lechtin, ..its for helping humans absorb the final food, cracker, cookie.. you don't want lethcin in the mix when extracting! Since it's emulsifier, it keeps things, from moving, separating. ND IN EXTRACTION WE NEED THE MATERIAL TO LEVE THE PLANT AND ENTER ETHANOL, FOR,COLD, OR ENTER OIL FOR GOT EXTRACTION. NIETHER NEEDS EMULSIFIED AT EXTRACTION.. ..ok..shhh sorry caps.lol.. more later..

That was delightful reading Marc. May I call you Marc? I'll give you reps just for the chocolate recipe, although the crushed ice idea made me jump up and down that the cosmos sends such brilliant characters to cross my path. :hug:

I'll have to read that a few more times and likely write it up in a way my brain can translate it more clearly, but OMG, you really pack the data in there don't you? :laughtwo:

I like the explaination that those drops of water allow you to be a little sloppy. That can come in handy with someone like me who can be easily distracted. Lol!

I can't wait to see your photos and scrutinize this more closely. Don't you just love the diverse ways we can turn this marvelous plant into nutrition and medicine? :slide: Brownies are my favorite. I do a capsule regimen that's my baseline, but brownies are my preferred method. My brownies carry a whopping 75 mg of THC and I typically take two a day, morning and evening.

The capsules are made with FHO (fresh harvest oil) and have half the THC value of the brownies, but slightly more CBD than THC, and that ratio lights every cell in my body up. It quickly replaced the brownies, although I still keep some in the freezer for those days when I really crave cannabinoid-laden chocolate deliciousness. :battingeyelashes:

I make a special oil mix for my brownies, prepared per batch, that doesn't strain out the plant material. I use it for additional fiber and micronutrients. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So, is there a link or two, top level hierarchical stuff, for qewe, cold, 'rso', (room temp I gues) that summarize the finished work, or at least a refereed final set of core process to perform an ethanol wash extraction, followed by evaporation, in order to get clean MJOIL.?

Rso, rick Simpson, is now a business. His in a book, online... has been improved upon.
///?

Sue.. one other.. the soy Lechtin, ..its for helping humans absorb the final food, cracker, cookie.. you don't want lethcin in the mix when extracting! Since it's emulsifier, it keeps things, from moving, separating. ND IN EXTRACTION WE NEED THE MATERIAL TO LEVE THE PLANT AND ENTER ETHANOL, FOR,COLD, OR ENTER OIL FOR GOT EXTRACTION. NIETHER NEEDS EMULSIFIED AT EXTRACTION.. ..ok..shhh sorry caps.lol.. more later..

NOT Soy. Sunflower Lecithin. It gets added in the correct way to the end product to increase bioavailability. :circle-of-love::peace:

///?

I saw you found your way to the thread on making CCO. Motoco passed away in 2015. He left a valuable resource in the tutorials on both making CCO and Tacking the oil.

The lecithin (we strongly recommend liquid sunflower over any soy product) is used with infused oils and butter. When using it with the biobombs it's added at the end of the process, before a 24-hour sit in the fridge. Used in this way it takes the CCO to new heights of bioavailability.

Hi folks...an update and a question...

As you may recall, I've been making Bio Bombs to treat my wife's Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.
We have been trying different dosages, ranging from 5:1 to 15:1, and currently she is taking 10:1 consistently every 12 hours.

This provides her with good pain relief and reduced swelling for about 8 hours.

That leads me to speculate: would a 10:1 capsule ,every 8 hours, that is three a day, be a better treatment, or should she use a 15:1 every 12 hours, twice a day?

We would be very grateful for your input.

Hey Danilo - there's going to be lots of people way more knowledgeable than me regarding specifics of Cannabis dosing, so bear that in mind when considering my response.

I have fibromyalgia too - and tests are currently underway regarding RA. I also have ME so this may be more relevant to that than the Fibro (but they are often co-morbid) but, the best advice I have from my health team and it plays out across the literature as well, is that smaller doses more often are more effective. For example, many of the supplements I take my daily dose is divided into 4-5 small doses throughout the day and that works much better than taking it in one or even two hits. considering that there may be metabolic issues in these illnesses that kind of makes sense to me. And from my experience, it really seems to work. You might just experiment with it and see how she goes.

But like I said, I'm familiar with the illness but many others here are much more well-versed than me with the medicine in question.

8% CBD x 0.85 extraction efficiency = 0.068 (multiplier)
0.068 x 20 grams = 1.36 gr available CBD
1.36 x 1000 = 1,369 mg available
1,360/100 ml oil = 13.6 mg CBD/ml oil

6% THC x 0.85 = 0.051
0.051 x 20 = 1.02
1.02 x 1000 = 1,020
1,920/100 = 19.2 mg THC/ml oil

Next time don't worry about adding extra water. As it cooks it degrades into a mash and the oils are released. There's always more in there than you thought there was. If you feel the need to add more liquid, I'd recommend you make it an additional measured amount of oil instead.

To get to the doses you want you'll have to take more capsules or get a more potent strain to work with, something we're encouraging anyway, and you already plan to do.

:thedoubletake: Did a zero morph into a nine here, SweetSue? :blushsmile:

Otherwise, :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom