"I'm saying that the standard in the field is that any infused oil extraction will only be expected to pull out 85% of the cannabinoids, leaving 15% behind in the mash. This is one of the reasons testing is such a hot topic. You really have no idea what the cannabinoid count is in any extraction without testing. It's also why we don't toss the mash, but find some other use for it. "

Ok. I was afraid that was what you were saying. I had not heard that. I definitely reuse mine, but I have not had a way to evaluate what was left. I may be able to work it out with the tcheck in a second extraction into fresh coconut oil. Then measure with tcheck. Don't know if its worth a lab test; which I think on that would be $80.00.

The ability of oils to extract weed oils has been tested! Money spent, data reduced ,results publish. So let's not redux it?? High times articles.. first one was a four method comparison of hot oil extraction. First article compared receipts. Changing oils was a second experiment. The coconut at .85, ghee .73. Butter .60 has to do with the oils chain length and ability for things to attach. Now you get , in coconut oil for example, 0.85 of that 28 grams...times say .20 , 20 percent stuff we want on the bud. 5600 mg * .85 * . =4760 mg of extracted oils infused into the coconut oil. Now , you can increase potency by, adding more weed to first extraction, or we can extract another 28 grams into,the same , infused oils, a double pass if you will. You also,control the 2 ounce,mixed units sorry, of coconut oil. Stronger extract 28 grams into 1 ounce oil, it's twice the concentration.. still 4760 mg of extract per one ounce of bud... so,this data is in high times. I'll try to find it. I read way to much. I remember way to much, photographic...helps,with STEM ..lol

We used it in the racehorse industry in the early eighties that I remember. Mixed up with anything it carries it across the dermal tissue and In a short time you will start tasting it from rubbing it on your skin. Need to be very careful as contaminates cross over also. Health benefits? Yes.. Dangerous? Yes it's a solvent...

Yeah horse muscle product. It did leave a garlic taste.. it's a solvent Danilo.... so the icy cold get methid using dmso, will extract, the dmso will penetrate the skin. Danilo, perhaps, this time buy gram rso oil , put into one ounce dmso. The rso is ready to go into product immediately, its activated. So you can perform test within an hour of getting rso.. good luck to all.

For some reason a solar heat, shallow bath filled with eposmsalts , just seems like that will soothe aches. This pool of warm bath, ona platform, surrounded by plants, lots of plants, birds, just warm water floating, soaking......and in cold weather that pool can heat a green house , through the colder evenings... solar thermal battery,

Yeah horse muscle product. It did leave a garlic taste.. it's a solvent Danilo.... so the icy cold get methid using dmso, will extract, the dmso will penetrate the skin. Danilo, perhaps, this time buy gram rso oil , put into one ounce dmso. The rso is ready to go into product immediately, its activated. So you can perform test within an hour of getting rso.. good luck to all.

For some reason a solar heat, shallow bath filled with eposmsalts , just seems like that will soothe aches. This pool of warm bath, ona platform, surrounded by plants, lots of plants, birds, just warm water floating, soaking......and in cold weather that pool can heat a green house , through the colder evenings... solar thermal battery,

Thanks LVMarc, and welcome to 420mag.

Yeah, I'm going to test it myself first. And rather than mix up so large a batch, I'll try it at smaller amounts first.

As for baths, she uses a hot soak bath every day.. help a lot.

So, I've been doing some Google research on DMSO and came across a site that is Canada based. That's handy. because I live in Toronto, Canada. If you search that, you'll find the site, no problem.

So, there are some similarities between DMSO and Cannabis. One of the authors at that site, says that DMSO did not gain wide acceptance by the medical community because it was too broad. It did not pin point one specific disease, but apparently treats many!

It wasn't made illegal, but its been effectively neutered.

I'm trying to find the negatives about this substance, and so far the only thing I've read is that it produces a strong garlic smell on your breath/body. Otherwise its recommended in many studies as a treatment for arthritis, fiybromialgia, muscle and joint issues.

I continue the research.

(HTF do you spell fybromialgia???)

So, further research reveals that there is one guy, Dr Jacobs, I think, who supports, even promotes the use of DMSO. He doses it as a topical, by ingestion, and injects it! There's no way I'm gonna be injecting it.. I'm not even sure I want to eat it.

But I will try it as a topical...

Does anyone out there have a good idea for a spray topical? Sometimes my wife can benefit from a topical, but it hurts to rub it on... so a spray would work. I'm just not sure how to make it..

Sue? Weren't you working with a topical recently?

I put 1ml of CCO into 1 cup of EVOO and then put it in roll on bottles, you can put it in a small pump bottle. you can make it stronger by putting 1ml to 1/2 cup of EVOO. It heals twice as fast (if not faster) as just letting the body heal it. I don't rub it in I just let it absorb in slowly. (I love the smell to).

Did I mention, I like simple :love::cco::smokin:

Well, I'm so discouraged - the young man who volunteered to grow my Cannatonic seeds for me (in return for sharing them) apparently didn't know it all. I finally caught up with him, and he said they all died - whiteflies got to them and even with spraying, they shriveled up. I'm so upset - it's too late in the season to start more here. Why he didn't tell me when it happened - the couple he lives with verified that it did happen, I don't know. They gave me some frozen trim, which I made infused oil with, and it is working fine, but I was so looking forward to having some CBD stock to work with - don't care for the high at all. I have more trim, but it certainly isn't going to last a year.

I've thought of getting all the equipment to grow indoors, but for the expense, I probably can just buy what I want - if I can find it. A friend told me that all the local dispensaries are out of CBD material. I haven't checked myself yet, and will, but it's not promising. I'm so bummed! The oil I made is potent enough that a friend that I shared some with said it has helped his insomnia greatly, and it is helping my pain, so I do want to continue making/using it. Most of all want to supply my granddaughter who gets horrible migraines weekly. So far, all the meds the Dr's have prescribed have made her sicker, or not worked at all, so I do want to have her try cannabis. She does have to get a MM card (she's in AZ) which will cost $150, we're told, but then could use, even when she is in school, and not get in trouble (she's 21) I'm hoping that maybe I can get more trim from the grower I know. Surely this project will get better!

Well, I'm so discouraged - the young man who volunteered to grow my Cannatonic seeds for me (in return for sharing them) apparently didn't know it all. I finally caught up with him, and he said they all died - whiteflies got to them and even with spraying, they shriveled up. I'm so upset - it's too late in the season to start more here. Why he didn't tell me when it happened - the couple he lives with verified that it did happen, I don't know. They gave me some frozen trim, which I made infused oil with, and it is working fine, but I was so looking forward to having some CBD stock to work with - don't care for the high at all. I have more trim, but it certainly isn't going to last a year.

I've thought of getting all the equipment to grow indoors, but for the expense, I probably can just buy what I want - if I can find it. A friend told me that all the local dispensaries are out of CBD material. I haven't checked myself yet, and will, but it's not promising. I'm so bummed! The oil I made is potent enough that a friend that I shared some with said it has helped his insomnia greatly, and it is helping my pain, so I do want to continue making/using it. Most of all want to supply my granddaughter who gets horrible migraines weekly. So far, all the meds the Dr's have prescribed have made her sicker, or not worked at all, so I do want to have her try cannabis. She does have to get a MM card (she's in AZ) which will cost $150, we're told, but then could use, even when she is in school, and not get in trouble (she's 21) I'm hoping that maybe I can get more trim from the grower I know. Surely this project will get better!

Bummer! :straightface: Not the kind of news you were anticipating. :hug::hug::hug:

So...... How can we look at this in a better light? For starters, take a few moments and repeat over and over to yourself "Things always work out for me." Put a little feeling into it until you believe it. The universe is always trying to make things work out the way you expect they will, and we expect you'll be able to find another source.

For whatever reason, the cosmic forces determined this young man wasn't the dependable source you'd hoped for and believed he might be, and isn't it good to know that now, before you became truly dependant on his help? This suggests to me that somewhere in your not-too-distant future is a much more appropriate match to you and your needs. Thank the universe for the better source you know they have lined up for you and joyfully anticipate that meeting.

I encourage you to rethink the stance on growing your own. I live on a limited income and have managed to grow consistently for myself and my daughter for over two years with little down time. I started my first grow for under $500 total expense, and today I'd cut that cost significantly by working in hempy. 23-26 watt CFLs with a couple 40 watt ones thrown in for good measure over the tops and you can easily harvest an ounce or two per plant. Use autos and your turnaround is less than three months and you're processing oil.

Turn your frustration into opportunity. You just came face-to-face with why 90% of us grow our own. No one else will care like you do.

Sue, it's funny that you would tell me to repeat "Things always work out for me.". Many years ago, an astrologer told me that I and my daughter have "charmed lives". Over the years, daughter and I have commented - when things were going incredibly wrong - that it's sure a good thing we have charmed lives 'cause the cursed ones would not be survivable. Our charmed lives have been on the ragged edge often - mostly over non-existent finances. They are nonexistent now as well - cards maxed and every $ spent before it arrives. No extras, just basic bills and food. Nothing fancy, nothing fun, - I haven't been out of the valley we live in for over 8 yrs!

I would like to grow my own, but don't know enough about all the tech info on necessary lights/heat/fans to know what to go out on a limb for. I do have the room, but am concerned about the ancient electricity in the 100 yr old house, and what it would cost per month to run - elect bill in winter is already over $100, on top of $100 in propane. When I look at the threads on growing, I can't understand the figures on the lights etc. - don't know exactly what I need. Enough of my pity party!!! It will work out somehow.

Marc, what do you mean by "the icy cold get methid using dmso" ????

Thanks

Ok, if I look,at,extracting the stuff on leaves using a solvent...
Then, I will perform the interaction of them crushed weeds with the chilled solvent at 0-10 f. At cold solvent extract, the water based stuff on the leaf stays frozen on the leaf along with other stuff I'm not interested in. Just the thc and its friends and the terpines that are left. So

Cold dmso, with cold crushed weed, already decarbed prior,to freezing, so bake oil bath, 240 f , 30 min, then chill 0f 2 hours, pour liquid over crushed weed. Shake well,wait 60 seconds shake well.get it,back in freezer fasts. 15 minutes later. Shake well, return to frig 15 minutes,done. Filter liquid, evaporate using your method.be smart here.. the extract is oil..
Ok.i for got you needed a spary.so...same thing.. except don't evaporate to,vape,oil.. evap,it down to a run. What's left will be dmso and extract. Check,the weed. The leaves should dry and ..dead it's weird.. nothing on it.look with microscope too. ..anyway,that's my qwet extract method ..using dmso will require a different ...ending...ya know??? Evaporate it down to,what? And dose it how? Sue??????? Help?

Thanks.... She read this and sends along her thanks as well.

We've started today with a 10:1 capsule every 8 hours:
4AM
Noon
8PM

She refuses to take pharmaceuticals...but we have some on hand if needed.

. hope it goes well

I'm similarly dubious about the pharmaceuticals. So far as I've been able to ascertain, through numerous sources including experience, they're often prescribed 'off label' to try to manage aspects of a condition the prescribing docs don't understand. I've found for all the good they may do for a certain symptom, the cascade of undesirable side affects is beyond reasonable.

Does anyone out there have a good idea for a spray topical? Sometimes my wife can benefit from a topical, but it hurts to rub it on... so a spray would work. I'm just not sure how to make it..

Sue? Weren't you working with a topical recently?

I don't exactly - but I've found soaking in it the best way to avoid the impossibility of rubbing anything on.

I'm sure Sue has mentioned using the end product of the FHO process - oil that still has some water in - to make bath salts, or bath oil.

If your wife can handle a bath (and for ages I had to have mine way less hot than I really liked cause I couldn't handle the heat!) this may be a way to go.

If I could PM yet (still too nooby), I'd share one or two other notions that've helped a bit for me of late. . maybe we should start a convo in the 'off topic' area ...
Sue would encourage your thoughts and ideas here hun...feel free to post away

Sue would encourage your thoughts and ideas here hun...feel free to post away

They may be talking about things that would feel more comfortable in a private area. Dave Groomer set up a delightful coffee shop in the lounge area before he joined the staff that would be a perfect place for this conversation Amy.

Supergroomer's virtual coffee shop and bud lounge.

I remember reading somewhere here how to test for mj allergy. Got some infused oil on my hands earlier and skin has been itchy and red for a while now I think due to the mj. Anyone suggest how to test properly?
I have been a smoker for years. Also had edibles. Can't particularly remember any I'll effects from this.. as I recall

I remember reading somewhere here how to test for mj allergy. Got some infused oil on my hands earlier and skin has been itchy and red for a while now I think due to the mj. Anyone suggest how to test properly?
I have been a smoker for years. Also had edibles. Can't particularly remember any I'll effects from this.. as I recall

The test for cannabis allergy is a skin prick test. If you're in a legal state this may be possible.

It happens. Cannabis is a plant, and a certain number of individuals will develop allergies. Before I'd point the finger at cannabis I'd consider something in the infused oil you may not be aware of. Was this oil you made yourself, or oil you purchased?

Would you indulge a curious mind? How much did you get on your skin, and did you rub it in, as most would, or wipe it off? How severe was the redness and itching? How long did it last?

Hi home made. Just olive oil and mj. And coconut and mj. Nothing else. Just tested again. Rubbed some infused olivr oil on back of hand and infused coconut inside elbow crease. Sure enough some redness, few bumps and a little itchy. Doesn't seem severe. Also have some raw plant under a plaster in elbow crease to see if there is redness in the AM.

Mostly I am interested to ensure there is no internal issues when taking microdoses for general health. If there is a minor rash I can't foresee much issue but any feedback is great. Like I said I have smoked, had edibles and taken some infused oil tablets before with what I can recall were no Ill effects. Think I'll have to try ingesting again to monitor for myself. But thoughts are welcome

Hi home made. Just olive oil and mj. And coconut and mj. Nothing else. Just tested again. Rubbed some infused olivr oil on back of hand and infused coconut inside elbow crease. Sure enough some redness, few bumps and a little itchy. Doesn't seem severe. Also have some raw plant under a plaster in elbow crease to see if there is redness in the AM.

Mostly I am interested to ensure there is no internal issues when taking microdoses for general health. If there is a minor rash I can't foresee much issue but any feedback is great. Like I said I have smoked, had edibles and taken some infused oil tablets before with what I can recall were no Ill effects. Think I'll have to try ingesting again to monitor for myself. But thoughts are welcome
I think you need to put the olive oil and coconut you used separately(not infused oil) in different areas and see if there is a reaction. If not probably MJ, however any solvents used not completely removed can cause reaction to people with sensitive skin.

Back
Top Bottom