Shed...Are you sure your cbd oil is measured as mg/ml...or is it 50mg/g????
Here is the reply I got from 420:
5% CBD is measured against 1000 milligram (roughly 1 milliliter).
So 1ml contains 50mg CBD.
Our bottles are 10ml so a total of 500mg CBD.

I used their "roughly" conversion even though it is slightly off. I would like to continue to work in mg/ml for now :).

"Dilute 1ml THC oil with 2ml EVOO, giving me 3ml of oil containing 5mg/ml THC."
That would give you 16.66mg/ml...... You are diluting 2:1 so it is 1/3 as strong.
I considered that which is why I asked to be double-checked!

What are my new EVOO numbers then?

Shed,
This is a good reason to work in grams. You could just change the dilution ratio to get it down to 5mg per say .6g or something to get it in one cap. That's hard to do with liquid measurements but no sweat with a decent 11$ scale. I checked both of mine against a calibrated weight because I couldn't believe a scale that cheap would be accurate in the hundreths. I know, broken record. lol

Shed,
This is a good reason to work in grams. You could just change the dilution ratio to get it down to 5mg per say .6g or something to get it in one cap. That's hard to do with liquid measurements but no sweat with a decent 11$ scale. I checked both of mine against a calibrated weight because I couldn't believe a scale that cheap would be accurate in the hundreths. I know, broken record. lol
Yeah yeah, work in grams. Okay, but if I'm not (for now :)) am I good with the math? SS and OB thought so but you got me confused.
[edit: oh ok. all is good :)]

When thinking about these formulas, I try to simplify by separating cannabinoids from the oil.

You have a 15mg/ml thc solution. Put 1 ml is a jar you have 15 mg cannabinoids and 1 ml oil. Add 2 ml of new oil you have 15 mg in 3 ml of oil for a concentration of 5 mg/ml.

When thinking about these formulas, I try to simplify by separating cannabinoids from the oil.

You have a 15mg/ml thc solution. Put 1 ml is a jar you have 15 mg cannabinoids and 1 ml oil. Add 2 ml of new oil you have 15 mg in 3 ml of oil for a concentration of 5 mg/ml.

Yep. When I get confused, I go back and ask....ok, how much thc is in there? Then divide by volume or weight. I have a good example of how confusing it can be from my last exercise. I think it would be worth sharing because a lot of you will have reasoning like this come up in the heat of battle (mixing, diluting). I will find a concise way to write it up & post.

I'm not the only one wishing we had the "Thank" button back. Great work team. :hug:

Shed,
I am late responding. It looks like you have it right. I would probably short the oil 10% and fill one cap rather than fussing with two partially filled ones. You would be very close to your 2.5/2.5g dose.

I have my wife on low dose THC and CBD combined with THCA and CBDA. It is for pain, opiate withdrawal, lack of sleep and a lot of anxiety. The total cannabinoids are around 10mg/g. She is taking about 7.5mg of combined cannabinoeds at night and about 5mg in the morning. I am slowly increasing the dose. I am seeing improvements with everything I have mentioned.

Best

Shed,
I am late responding. It looks like you have it right. I would probably short the oil 10% and fill one cap rather than fussing with two partially filled ones. You would be very close to your 2.5/2.5g dose.
I have my wife on low dose THC and CBD combined with THCA and CBDA. It is for pain, opiate withdrawal, lack of sleep and a lot of anxiety. The total cannabinoids are around 10mg/g. She is taking about 7.5mg of combined cannabinoeds at night and about 5mg in the morning. I am slowly increasing the dose. I am seeing improvements with everything I have mentioned. Best
Thanks Canyon! Without testing my oil, it's all guesswork anyway so I probably will just go with .91 ml and call it a day. I'm glad your wife is seeing good results!

Shed,

I have my wife on low dose THC and CBD combined with THCA and CBDA. It is for pain, opiate withdrawal, lack of sleep and a lot of anxiety. The total cannabinoids are around 10mg/g. She is taking about 7.5mg of combined cannabinoeds at night and about 5mg in the morning. I am slowly increasing the dose. I am seeing improvements with everything I have mentioned.

Best

Canyon, I'm glad to hear she's doing well. And thanks so much for the regimen details :hug:

I've begun posting the opioid threads, starting with the surgery options. The main regimen for opioid tapering is very close.

Surgery Options: Cannabis Instead Of Opiates

Question to Canyon, Kickn & Oldbear.............20:1 = 47 mg cannabinoids per capsule.
40:1 = 24 mg per capsule.

Would you guys check the math on this: I use 40:1 for the boss & 20:1 for myself.
Daytime is Skunk Haze 3:1 cbd:thc, Sativa dominate
Night time is Purple Urcle, pure Indica, thc 26.60%

40:1 = 1000mg divided between 41 capsules you'd get 24 mg per capsule.

30:1 = cco biobomb has about 32 mg/ml of THC.

20:1= 1 cc CCO + 16 cc carrier oil + 4 cc lecithin (close to a rice size tack)

1000 mg cannabinoids /21 capsules = 47 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

10:1= 1 cc CCO + 8 cc carrier oil + 2 cc lecithin

1000 mg /11 capsules = 91 mg cannabinoids per capsule

5:1= 1 cc CCO + 4 cc carrier oil + 1 cc lecithin

1000 mg/6 capsules = 167 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

Thank you :circle-of-love::smokin:

The math matches what I would do. My only question would be the purity of your COO. The dry ice extract that I did tested at about 71% total cannabinoids and it was the cleanest oil I have made.

I never know

TOTAL CANNABINOIDS
Tota| THC 24.19%
Total CBD 67.19%
total 97.93%

CANNABINOIDS
name % by mass
THC.A 0.26%
9 THC 23.96%
CBD-A 0.72%
CBD 66.56%
CBN 0.55%
CBG-A 0.24%
CBG 2.21%
THCV 0.00%
CBDV 0.59%
CBC 2.83%

Hope this helps Canyon, it was a CCO extract potency/test

CCOiler the math is correct in my brain.

The cannabinoid levels in your caps is pretty high. Have you tried lower doses for example an 80:1 ?

Multiple times per day?

Back
Top Bottom