CCOiler the math is correct in my brain.

The cannabinoid levels in your caps is pretty high. Have you tried lower doses for example an 80:1 ?

Multiple times per day?
Thanks Oldbear, what's the cannabinoid count for these two ratios?

An 80:1 would be roughly 12.5 mg per cap. 4 or 5 a day would be a good way to maintain constant intake.

I heartily agree. I firmly believe that the success my daughter has with her cannabinoid therapy is due to her 4-5 times a day dosing schedule.

Which reminds me, I wanted to share something we learned this week. I grow a chemovar I started with a seed I brought back from Jamaica that tests (in Neiko's garden, but with the same soil method and seeds) as a 2:1 CBD dominant. It hits her system like a total match made in heaven when she vapes, so we decided to try it as brownies, since she's grown fond of the 11-hydroxy euphoria.

Bad idea. What we learned was as happy as this mix is in her system as delta-9 THC, the 11-hydroxy version was all wrong. It wired her system so fast she had a panic attack and ended up with her first migraine since we began her cannabinoid therapy.

She learned she doesn't have the tolerance to get through a migraine the way she used to. Thankfully, Candy Cane in vaped form slowed the migraine enough that she could function, and repeated applications of that and some delightful THC cream from Blew Hiller's wife relieved the rest of the tension and pain.

With anxiety it appears to be just as important that you choose the proper dosing method for the chemovar you're using. Candy Cane in edibles works for her. It also works in vaped form, but it doesn't give her the same desired euphoric experience. The Jamaican in vaped form is like manna from heaven. Used as an edible it became terror.

And people writing the laws think it's as easy as grow, make into oil, put it into capsules and feed them to the patients. Cannabis doesn't play by the pharma rules.

Thank you Oldbear, for me the 20:1 works great for the day time Biobombs. I take 50mg of Apigenin & 120mg of Ginkgo Biloba then 1 20:1 Biobomb, besides the "RED EYE" I don't feel much until about 5-6 hours later when the biobomb makes this final pass and hits me like a lead balloon, I try to make sure that I am back to the privacy of my office. For me this amount was not helping with my Diabetes, High blood pressure or High LDL. Once I started taking a 20:1 (High THC, Indica) I sleep through the night with no pain, and my A1c, High blood pressure & the bad LDL have all come into the normal range. But, that is with the Biobomb helping the drugs do their jobs. I am going to stay on Approx. 100mg of Cannabinoids until I can get off of the Pharmy's drugs and beyond.

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU OILERS FOR ALL OF YOUR WORK.

OIler,
All that looks fine to me. That is really impressive oil you made! I bought some batter in Vegas that was around that but wow!
Thank you Kickn, I was trained by Motoco but since I am a "KISS" kind of guy (Keep It Simple Stupid) I switched from Tacking to Biobombs thanks to all of you guys. (Cajun :rip:).

:Namaste::adore::smokin:

Thank you Kickn, I was trained by Motoco but since I am a "KISS" kind of guy (Keep It Simple Stupid) I switched from Tacking to Biobombs thanks to all of you guys. (Cajun :rip:).

:Namaste::adore::smokin:

And can't you feel him smiling from the great beyond? Lol! Warms my heart to hear of working regimens.

CCOiler, there's a dirty little secret they aren't telling you. Keeping the blood sugar level with pills and insulin isn't doing anything to reduce the strain on the pancreas, and in fact, they're making things worse. I'm glad you're aiming at tapering off. It was a blow to discover that all those years of forcing my husband into compliance were doing the damage that killed him in the end.

Clean up your diet in the most serious way. Get as far from sugar and dairy products and processed foods as you comfortably can. Make an appointment with yourself to laugh so much for ten minutes a day that you're crying. Wash the cells in joy at every opportunity.

But get the hell away from their drugs. Please. :circle-of-love:

And can't you feel him smiling from the great beyond. Lol! Warms my heart to hear of working regimens.

CCOiler, there's a dirty little secret they aren't telling you. Keeping the blood sugar level with pills and insulin isn't doing anything to reduce the strain on the pancreas, and in fact, they're making things worse. I'm glad you're aiming at tapering off. It was a blow to discover that all those years of forcing my husband into compliance were doing the damage that killed him in the end.

Clean up your diet in the most serious way. Get as far from sugar and dairy products and processed foods as you comfortably can. Make an appointment with yourself to laugh so much for ten minutes a day that you're crying. Wash the cells in joy at every opportunity.

But get the hell away from their drugs. Please. :circle-of-love:

Here is some back ground on me Sue, I had a Heart Attack 368 days ago, in Aug of last year I went on a diet and have lost 50lbs so far with about 20lbs to go. No sugar or processed foods (as best I can). My last A1c was 6.30, I have stopped the killer med Glipizide (liver killer) and my Dr. is hoping to stop all of my meds at some point in the future. So yes Sue, the Bionbombs are great but like you and Cajun have both said, without a diet change you won't change anything. :Namaste::smokin:

Here is some back ground on me Sue, I had a Heart Attack 368 days ago, in Aug of last year I went on a diet and have lost 50lbs so far with about 20lbs to go. No sugar or processed foods (as best I can). My last A1c was 6.30, I have stopped the killer med Glipizide (liver killer) and my Dr. is hoping to stop all of my meds at some point in the future. So yes Sue, the Bionbombs are great but like you and Cajun have both said, without a diet change you won't change anything. :Namaste::smokin:

Ahhh.... OK, I feel better about you now. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:,

Weights and Measures Confusion:

This is an example of how easy it is to get tangled up. Once I had 2 g of CCO. I was estimating the strength at 45%. (CCO Oiler, this is how the rest of the world lives) So I'm working with 900 mg. After decarb I would have 396mg/g =792. I weighed the CCO after decarb and it was 1.74g. Pretty damn close to perfect so hats off to the Nova.

So I'm getting ready to decide how much EVOO to mix with it to end up with 25 mg per gram. My thought process went something like this- after decarb I had 396 mg per gram. Since I had 1.74 g left, I multiplied 1.74 x 396. =689mg. NO!!!

It's like Oldbear said, go back and mentally separate out how much THC you had to start with to check yourself. So I went back and saw that after decarb I had 792 mg. Even though the CCO only weighed 1.74 g now, it was STILL 792 mg, NOT 1.74x396=689!!!

Hi Kickn, my other 2 test came back as 88.39% & 83.83%, your estimating the strength at 45% are these numbers apples for apples? I am real bad at math.

TOTAL CANNABINOIDS
Tota| THC 24.19%
Total CBD 67.19%
total 97.93%

CANNABINOIDS
name % by mass
THC.A 0.26%
9 THC 23.96%
CBD-A 0.72%
CBD 66.56%
CBN 0.55%
CBG-A 0.24%
CBG 2.21%
THCV 0.00%
CBDV 0.59%
CBC 2.83%

Hope this helps Canyon, it was a CCO extract potency/test
If I am understanding you, the COO is some that you made from the Skunk Haze 3:1 cbd:thc. Did you make COO with the Purple Urcle, thc 26.60% part?

I am very curious when and how you decarbed the batch/batches. The 98% cannabinoids and 2% other, or 20mg/g of other is interesting. The discrepancy between my potency test and yours’ is a mystery. There is a 27% difference.

Thoughts, other than waxes and terpenes?

I know that you caught most of this on the Grail thread. For any others, this is briefly what I did.

The temperature of mine was probably around -40, maybe a little lower. I only skimmed your “How To” threads’ tutorial. That is about what I did only I chilled it in the dry ice and added it directly to the alcohol a few minutes before I started the soak. I also added dry ice with the soaking. Both caused a lot of boiling and agitation.

It caused two other things. First, there was a lot of CO2 infused into the alcohol. When I poured it into a dish, it had a vigorous boil for a few minutes. The other was, what was filtered out with a coffee filter was mostly what looked like broken trichome skelitons to me when looking through a loop. When dry it was powdery.

The batch was air dried, so there was no heat.
I never know

If I am understanding you, the COO is some that you made from the Skunk Haze 3:1 cbd:thc. Did you make COO with the Purple Urcle, thc 26.60% part?

I am very curious when and how you decarbed the batch/batches. The 98% cannabinoids and 2% other, or 20mg/g of other is interesting. The discrepancy between my potency test and yours’ is a mystery. There is a 27% difference.

Thoughts, other than waxes and terpenes?

I know that you caught most of this on the Grail thread. For any others, this is briefly what I did.

The temperature of mine was probably around -40, maybe a little lower. I only skimmed your “How To” threads’ tutorial. That is about what I did only I chilled it in the dry ice and added it directly to the alcohol a few minutes before I started the soak. I also added dry ice with the soaking. Both caused a lot of boiling and agitation.

It caused two other things. First, there was a lot of CO2 infused into the alcohol. When I poured it into a dish, it had a vigorous boil for a few minutes. The other was, what was filtered out with a coffee filter was mostly what looked like broken trichome skelitons to me when looking through a loop. When dry it was powdery.

The batch was air dried, so there was no heat.
I never know
Hi Canyon, the 2 runs with Skunk Haze came back as 97.93% & 88.39. The 1 test for my Purple Urkle came back as 83.83% I spilled 1/2 of the mixture when I was pouring it out of the distiller, (mid pour I realized the 1/2 cup was to small and I stopped pouring and it spilled out). One learns to smile a lot when working with CCO.

MY STEPS......KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
1. Freeze Everclear 191 & the flower
2. First wash is about 1.5 min.
3. Strain in coffee filter
4. second wash about 30 sec.
5. strain in coffee filter.
6. squeeze out reminder in the coffee filter.
7. pour this into the coffee pot & mark my 85% of reclaim.
8. Pour this into the distiller and start to reclaim up to my 85% mark. I tested the reclaim after my first run and it was at 200 proof.
9. pour the remainder into a SS cup.
10. Now it goes into a double boiler (oil bath) & the alcohol is cooked off.
11. Now to wait for the big & small bubbles to stop

Done & decarbed............I can email you the test if that would help to see the lab test.

I hope this helps Canyon

Gee, CCOiler, I missed to part where it gets decarbed...

As for that example of how to screw up math I posted, I didn't understand your question.

Haha! With me it's just a tendency to transpose the numbers. The number one reason I'm not an accountant. Lol!

Hi Canyon, the 2 runs with Skunk Haze came back as 97.93% & 88.39. The 1 test for my Purple Urkle came back as 83.83% I spilled 1/2 of the mixture when I was pouring it out of the distiller, (mid pour I realized the 1/2 cup was to small and I stopped pouring and it spilled out). One learns to smile a lot when working with CCO.

MY STEPS......KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
1. Freeze Everclear 191 & the flower
2. First wash is about 1.5 min.
3. Strain in coffee filter
4. second wash about 30 sec.
5. strain in coffee filter.
6. squeeze out reminder in the coffee filter.
7. pour this into the coffee pot & mark my 85% of reclaim.
8. Pour this into the distiller and start to reclaim up to my 85% mark. I tested the reclaim after my first run and it was at 200 proof.
9. pour the remainder into a SS cup.
10. Now it goes into a double boiler (oil bath) & the alcohol is cooked off.
11. Now to wait for the big & small bubbles to stop

Done & decarbed............I can email you the test if that would help to see the lab test.

I hope this helps Canyon
Thanks Oiler, I am getting some ideas. I need to find some of my older posts on the Grail thread.

Just thinking out loud, if you start with buds that contain 0.5% to 1.5% terpenes, the potential concentration in the extract would be 2.5 to 7.5%. That is using 5 grams flower to make 1 gram of extract.

I am having some problems with the two plants that are next to harvest here. I am finding bleaching or another problem I caused by using a 50/50 alcohol/ water mix to kill off a Borg invasion in late flower (I hate the taste of Neam Oil). I never know. The other one is nearly a week past when I have harvested that strain before and it is not impressing me. I was planning to use tests from the mothers to save the cost of the starting raw tests. Now, I am not sure what I want to do.

Could you air dry some of your next batch and have it tested for terpenes?

What I made is still sappy and insanely sticky at -20f. I don't have a total on how much I recovered, it is smeared on to assorted parchment papers, silicone pads and containers. It is going to be low though. Do you know what percentage you are actually recovering?

Thanks Oiler, I am getting some ideas. I need to find some of my older posts on the Grail thread.

Just thinking out loud, if you start with buds that contain 0.5% to 1.5% terpenes, the potential concentration in the extract would be 2.5 to 7.5%. That is using 5 grams flower to make 1 gram of extract.

I am having some problems with the two plants that are next to harvest here. I am finding bleaching or another problem I caused by using a 50/50 alcohol/ water mix to kill off a Borg invasion in late flower (I hate the taste of Neam Oil). I never know. The other one is nearly a week past when I have harvested that strain before and it is not impressing me. I was planning to use tests from the mothers to save the cost of the starting raw tests. Now, I am not sure what I want to do.

Could you air dry some of your next batch and have it tested for terpenes?

What I made is still sappy and insanely sticky at -20f. I don't have a total on how much I recovered, it is smeared on to assorted parchment papers, silicone pads and containers. It is going to be low though. Do you know what percentage you are actually recovering?

By "Batch" do you mean testing the material after my extraction? I am 2 months away from my next extraction.

:ciao:I use infused coconut oil chocolate cannabis leaves and shapes to take my meds sometimes, these were made with dark chocolate, it sets up a little harder than semi sweet chocolate, these are poured in the molds then put in the freezer to set up especially if I have made a high oil to chocolate ratio. I leave them in the freezer till time to use as they will melt in a hot room. They are so good and creamy, melts in my mouth as I melt off to sleep the leaves are better than the other shapes.:rofl::rofl::rofl::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom