Yup, I've already got my gummy trays... I just need the proper inspiration. :Namaste:
:rollit:

this work? $5 or less, comes with the jello packets, and the pectin was right near it in my market

Attachments

• jello.PNG
    jello.PNG
    247.6 KB · Views: 51
this work? $5 or less, comes with the jello packets, and the pectin was right near it in my market
Has everything, sweet....yes I'm sure it works

hahahahahahaha
By "this work?"
I meant is this good enough inspiration?
It was a little joke, and what I found to inspire me to do gummies.
Bahahahahahahahahahaha

DO IT!!!!!!

I'll make higher concentration coconut oil targeting the liver. This also very tasty to add to coffee.

just made second cup (trying to get to just one.....2is my max) and added the remainder of oil (stuff on the bottom is always best, IMHO, bc there's always like a tiny bit of "sediment," on the bottom. some people don't care for, and says bothers their tummy, but for me, it kicks my digestion, which is abnormally slow, into high gear

So do I still need "sunflower lecithin"?:hmmmm::laugh:

If making edibles, yes, I always add lecithin. My personal guideline is 1 Tablespoon to every cup of infused oil, adjusting loosely for smaller batches.

I don’t use it I. Topicals, but you can. It’s used in cosmetics to aid absorption, so maybe I should. Lol!

Here is one I did with good results. I can't compare it to anything, but can say the effects are there. It seems like the effects of the oils last a good long time for sure. Anyways......

I took 30 grams of fresh bud from the plant (After bud wash). To that I added 30 grams of Brown Sugar. It will look very dry, don't worry about it. It will pull and/or create a small amount of liquid in the bottom of container. I covered container(Pint jar) with a coffee filter. After a week I added 2 ounces of 80 proof vodka and stirred well. I then let it sit another week. Then I strained the material through a cheese cloth. Then over low heat I evaporated it down until it was thick. I have no idea on the dosage needed, as I just dipped my finger in and wound up with a good glob on it. It is very sweet with a plant flavor. The effects are good for 4-5 hours, I was not blasted but very nicely chilled. There is not alot of heat used in this method which I think brings some other things to the table. I am thinking with the sugar in it this may be real good for edibles.

Nice! Something new to try. :high-five:

I'll throw one out there but it was a long time ago so don't have exact deets. I ground up a bunch of herb and fresh dried mint from the garden and put into a large vodka bottle (no vodka) with glycerine and let sit for a few months shaking it up every time I thought of it. You could sample it as is but I then made some candy and it turned out great! Tasted just like double mint gum.

How did the candies effect you ween?

@WeenmeoffsBoss, sweetness and concentrations can be adjusted. Personally, I’m always reaching for something more than a small candy will offer. Lol!

I have many times....love gummies

I’m getting ready to play with making your recipe Chris. I’d not considered gummies with oil before. All the recipes I’d considered were alcohol extractions, but we have this infused oil on hand......

Is there anything I need to do with timing to get things just so?

Nice! Something new to try. :high-five:

How did the candies effect you ween?

@WeenmeoffsBoss, sweetness and concentrations can be adjusted. Personally, I’m always reaching for something more than a small candy will offer. Lol!

I’m getting ready to play with making your recipe Chris. I’d not considered gummies with oil before. All the recipes I’d considered were alcohol extractions, but we have this infused oil on hand......

Is there anything I need to do with timing to get things just so?

When u add the oil, keep stirring as you pour, well in between pours, so the oil is even in all the molds

And bigger molds are easier than the small ones for sure

What about Walnut?
It supposedly gets soaked in and gets to work much more quickly
I have used this list in the past but it doesn't include walnut so...dunno!
A Guide to Carrier Oil Substitutions - Humblebee & Me
And though it says that fractionated coconut absorbs quickly I haven't found that to be the case. Maybe I need to stop using that resource :hmmmm:.
Yup, I've already got my gummy trays... I just need the proper inspiration.
The trays should be inspiration enough! How about scrolling through this thread:
Cooking with The Chronic
When u add the oil, keep stirring as you pour, well in between pours, so the oil is even in all the molds
And bigger molds are easier than the small ones for sure
I usually let the jello mix cool down a bit to thicken before I fill the molds. That holds the oil in suspension better than when it's really hot.

We just dried our herb, and put it in jars to cure.
I am out of oil, and need to make some.
Do you think I can use the dried herb, before curing it, to make oil with? I obviously, will have to decarb either way.
If so, are there any effects that would be different?
Thanks for any info anyone has about this.
:thanks::green_heart::circle-of-love:

We just dried our herb, and put it in jars to cure.
I am out of oil, and need to make some.
Do you think I can use the dried herb, before curing it, to make oil with? I obviously, will have to decarb either way.
If so, are there any effects that would be different?
Thanks for any info anyone has about this.
No reason to cure what you're not smoking! You can use fresh harvest buds as well but you need to adjust the weight calculations because of all the moisture still in it.

So we're watching this documentary on Netflix, called, A Life Of It's Own, regarding medicinal. It's pretty good, and shows all these patients and doctors talking about the therapeutic effects. And basically how great it is, and how illegal it is, bc of like BigPharma, etc. Worth a watch.
It is so frustrating that it's not legal for everyone everywhere. I wanna slap some people around.

.....still thinking about decarbing

I was over at the Marijuana Grower's Headquarters, reviewing Rambo's decarb experiment. This was interesting enough I copied it to paste here. He has apparently proven that the best way to completely decarb is 240 degrees F for 60 minutes. What I found so interesting here though is the numbers that show up at each stage of the process. He baked it for 30 min, removed a sample for testing and then placed the pan back in the oven for another 30 minutes. He placed the plant material in Pyrex dishes set on a pizza stone and used a thermometer to keep track of the temps.

Looking over these numbers I couldn't help thinking that there may be instances where we'd want the 30 minute decarb. We beginning to learn some surprising things about this marvelous plant, and some of that's bound to effect the way we decarb. I also found myself wondering what the test results would have been had he used an oven roasting bag to decarb. I'm going to need to talk someone into doing some decarb testing of just the plant materials. I can't do that myself, living in this restrictive state. So frustrating! I need to stick to my plan to relocate into a legal state.

There was also an interesting comment on his post that shared how the respondent had developed a practice of decarbing at 160 degrees F to preserve the terpenes and flavonoids, because these components are just as important, as the cannabinoids. This was the first I'd come across this idea, and it appeals to me. No mention of how long this person baked the cannabis for to get to decarb, but I'm sure that can be worked out. Reading that solidified my thoughts to have some samples tested. If we can find a way to make oil that preserves those components I'm gonna jump for joy. That may be what's happening when you decarb in an oven bag.

I definately need to move. My daughter and her partner are moving within the next couple months and my brother who lives in the building and whom I watch over (mildly retarded and can't do money) will be moving to Texas this summer with my sister. That leaves me totally free to break my ties with this area and get my butt somewhere legal. That would simplify the testing concerns for me.

I'd sure like to see the test results on oil made from whole plant material decarbed either very slowly in lower heat or at the higher temperature but in an oven bag and then processed with the technique of simply boiling off the solvent over a double boiler. I have a suspicion we'd be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Results of Decarboxylation Experiment

The following charts show the results of the 30 minute and 60 minute decarboxylation experiments. Also included are the lab results from testing done prior to any artificial decarboxylation to establish a starting point. Note that because of the age of both the kief and the trim, decarboxylation had begun to take place to some degree naturally. This may not be your starting point, but should not affect the results of the experiment much.

Kief

Compound Before Decarb 30 Min Decarb 60 Min Decarb
THCA 24.5% 2.6% .1%
THC 3.8% 25.4% 25.5%
CBDA .6% .3% .3%
CBD 0% 1% .1%
CBN .4% 1% 1.4%
Moisture 0% 0% 0%
Total Cannabanoids 29.3% 30.3% 27.4%

Cannabis Trim

Compound Before Decarb 30 Min Decarb 60 Min Decarb
THCA 6.5% 2.9% .2%
THC .6% 4.8% 6.9%
CBDA .2% .2% .1%
CBD 0% 0% .1%
CBN 0% 0% 0%
Moisture 3.4% 4.5% 0%
Total Cannabanoids 7.3% 7.9% 7.3%

Testing provided by SC Labs

As you can see from the two charts, 30 minutes was not quite enough to completely decarboxylate either the kief or the trim. At 30 minutes the kief was about 90% decarboxylated but the trim was only about 60% decarboxylated. This difference is likely because the trim had a higher starting moisture content. After 60 minutes however, both keif and trim samples were close enough to 100% decarboxylation for my satisfaction.

So there you have it. 240° F for 60 minutes should be enough to decarboxylate any cannabis with a reasonably low moisture content. For material with higher moisture content, the time can be extended but the temperature should not be increased. If you are concerned about losing organic compounds, lower heat can be used but the time should be extended to compensate.

Interesting Findings

As with most experiments, the results often lead to new questions. Here are a few unexpected finding that may lead to future experiments.

The kief and trim both appear to have lost some total cannabinoids after the second 30 minutes in the oven. Some of you might suggest this is from vaporization from being at temperature for too long. This could be true, thought they were from the same plant they were not the exact same samples. Additionally lab tests do have a margin of error, so I’m not sure that is a safe assumption. This would need to be tested with more samples to have a solid verdict.

For some reason the moisture content of the trim tested higher after the first 30 minutes in the oven. I have no idea why this would be. It could just be a fluke.

The CBDA did not appear to convert to CBD during the decarboxylation of the THCA. Some further research might shed some light on this.

When you say 240F (115 C) Im curios about what happenes to the baking plate?
As Steel leads heat different from air Im wondering if its okey to leave the buds on a baking plate in a turkeybag at 115C for a whole hour in the owen? Or Will the baking plate get to hot? Maybe one Will need a water bath of some kind?

When you say 240F (115 C) Im curios about what happenes to the baking plate?
As Steel leads heat different from air Im wondering if its okey to leave the buds on a baking plate in a turkeybag at 115C for a whole hour in the owen? Or Will the baking plate get to hot? Maybe one Will need a water bath of some kind?

In the oven, everything gets to be the same temperature, steel or glass or the air in the turkey bag. The steel may get to temp faster because it conducts better, but it's not going to get hotter than the oven temp.

is that what you meant?

Best explaination of this I've heard yet Shed. :hug:

Good day to you Sickfarmer. :hug: My preference is now the times and temps the Dutch came up with - 235° F (110° C) for 110 minutes. Easy to remember and pretty darned efficient in converting THCA to THC.

Back
Top Bottom