Best explaination of this I've heard yet Shed. :hug:

Good day to you Sickfarmer. :hug: My preference is now the times and temps the Dutch came up with - 235° F (110° C) for 110 minutes. Easy to remember and pretty darned efficient in converting THCA to THC.

Okey thanx
So its just to put the buds in a turkeybag on the baking plate and let it sit for 110 min at 110 C?

Do I need to cut a hole in the turkeybag or should it be ’closed’ (exuse my poor english)

hunny bunny
Oof!
Okey thanx
So its just to put the buds in a turkeybag on the baking plate and let it sit for 110 min at 110 C?
Do I need to cut a hole in the turkeybag or should it be ’closed’ (exuse my poor english)
Seal the bag with some air in it but no too much. It needs room to expand with the heat and not explode!
I do the decarb and infusion in one step. Baking the cannabis in the oil has very little smell when I use a tin foil top with one pin hole.
I've infused that way (still decarb first though) and my house still smells! In a good way though...like weed :).

Not that Shed. Im saying that decarbing the cannabis while it is in the oil and in a tight container doesn't smell very much. Ive had the house full of terpenes result and must avoid that.

When you said you still decarb first, I took that to mean dry, or in an oven bag.

Not that Shed. Im saying that decarbing the cannabis while it is in the oil and in a tight container doesn't smell very much. Ive had the house full of terpenes result and must avoid that.
When you said you still decarb first, I took that to mean dry, or in an oven bag.
I did mean that. But after that smell clears and I put the decarbed bud in the oven in the jar with the oil with the foil with the hole, the house smells again once it heats up.

I just don't understand how doing the entire operation in the jar from start to finish would produce a different result.

Ahhhh Im old and I finally get what you are saying .... that it smells during the infusion. All in one vs staged wont produce a different result.

My only thought is that your product has different/stronger/better terpenes than mine.

You mean that if I run it in the oven at 110º C for 110 minutes and then another 6 hours at 170º F it will smell less than if I just run it for 8 hours at 170º F?

Shed not about smell but temps. Ive read recently that cannabinoids melt at 180F.
Dont know if its true but it may increase your extraction efficiency if it is.

Back
Top Bottom