I now always decarbed in my oil
Either the 170deg for 24-36hr oil, oven is really closer to 190-200 deg
Or in the instant pot

Works great and hardly a y smell

All thanks to Sue and her relentless pursuit of perfection

I don’t know the dosage amounts. I guess it’s relative to the ingredients. I have my olive oil all finished up with my sunflower stuff and just took a spoon full down. It taste like bitter grease from French fries. Not horrible. So I’m strapped in. Let’s see where this goes...
:theband:

I usually make my oil the way Sue has posted. Decarb, then infuse the oil.

If it is for topical, I coarsely crush it so that it is easier to strain. I don't want particles in my oil that is being rubbed on the skin. For my coconut oil that I use for my brownies, I powder the dry herb in a coffee grinder then infuse.

Last night I decided to try doing it a little different. I have some freshly cut and dried Dutch Delight. I jarred about 4oz. I took the last 11 g of small bud and shake, ground it up (undecarbed) and put it in 1c of Coconut oil with 1T Lecithin. I let it cook at 235f for 2hr 25m. This was done in a closed 1qt mason jar. When cooking was complete, i put it in the fridge over night. I am hoping that I get the same decarb in the cooking process. I will be making a batch of brownies later. I will let you know how they turn out compared to my regular ones.:circle-of-love::peace:

I usually make my oil the way Sue has posted. Decarb, then infuse the oil.

If it is for topical, I coarsely crush it so that it is easier to strain. I don't want particles in my oil that is being rubbed on the skin. For my coconut oil that I use for my brownies, I powder the dry herb in a coffee grinder then infuse.

Last night I decided to try doing it a little different. I have some freshly cut and dried Dutch Delight. I jarred about 4oz. I took the last 11 g of small bud and shake, ground it up (undecarbed) and put it in 1c of Coconut oil with 1T Lecithin. I let it cook at 235f for 2hr 25m. This was done in a closed 1qt mason jar. When cooking was complete, i put it in the fridge over night. I am hoping that I get the same decarb in the cooking process. I will be making a batch of brownies later. I will let you know how they turn out compared to my regular ones.:circle-of-love::peace:

I now own an Instant Pot pressure cooker Dave, and now I grind or break up my undecarbed bud, add it to the oil in a small container that'll fit into my cooker chamber (with a loose foil lid), and run it on the high pressure setting for 1 hour and 50 minutes. Then it cools for a couple hours before I open it. I've checked it with a hot oil bath a couple times and got close to complete decarb.

I love saving time and effort. This is a set-it-and-walk-away process. I usually make the oil last thing in the day and let it sit in the pot overnight.

Nothing to do with you ween, it's all good.
;)

What was the theory behind this timing? Seems long for a decarb and short after the decarb for an infusion.

All this time and we're still trying to find some understanding of decarb. :laughtwo:

I stumbled upon this blog by Chef Derek Butt, the author of “The Medical Marijuana Guide: Nature’s Pharmacy.”

I’m wondering where he learned that plants hold their CBD in the leaves, stem, and roots. :hmmmm: It was my understanding that CBD was created in the trichomes, the same way the rest of the cannabinoids were created.

Cannabis root contains very high levels of CBD, which makes it a very valuable medicine. There are many ways that it can be prepared. It can be dried out, ground into flour and from there you can make paste or salves.

Cannabis root was used extensively as a medicine by the ancients.

Cannabis root could be used to counteract the effects of THC. This could be helpful if you under estimate an edible or you just loose control and get the munchies.

Cannabis (the dried, cured flower we know as bud) can contain very little CBD when tested. A large part of the marijuana plants CBD content is stored in the leaves, the stem and the roots. Roots are storage tanks. Cannabis root can be used to fortify your infusions and extractions. It can be consumed raw and it can be juiced or added to smoothies. You can also make tea out of the dried root.

Add two teaspoons of cannabis root to a smoothie and wait for about an hour for it to kick in. Your pain will melt away leaving you feeling relaxed without a heavy THC buzz. You will feel perfectly medicated for most of the day feeling energetic, happy and feeling good for daytime activities.

Let’s be real here: CBD content is low because CBD production is genetically determined, not because the plants are “hiding CBD” in places other than the flowers.

*sigh* Our work will never end.

Not that this is a bad thing. :battingeyelashes:

I'm doing more than wondering, I'd like him to cite his source. In the meantime I'm tossing the stems and roots!

YES. 100%. I also wonder if it's not worth trying, as we usually just throw out the stems and roots.

Cannabis root contains very high levels of CBD, which makes it a very valuable medicine. There are many ways that it can be prepared. It can be dried out, ground into flour and from there you can make paste or salves.

Cannabis root was used extensively as a medicine by the ancients.

Any thoughts? Do you think it would be a complete waste of time and resources to convert the stem and root into....whatever? I did notice a very pungent weed smell when I brake up the stems. hmmmmmmm

We i.e. you and I don't throw roots away, we recycle them in the next batch of soil at least for a few rounds, I guess then we toss them into our garden. :love:

We do toss or burn the stems. Seems like it'd be a lot of work to grind them up.

:passitleft:

I would think it would be more valuable with hydro. No dirt to wash off.:circle-of-love::peace:

So I made some oils
one batch I did about 33g (which was decarbed 230 for 110 minutes) to 3cups of coconut oil. Cooked on high in crock pot for about an hour, then left on low over night (probably 10 hours) it's an amazing batch; good in flavor and massive effects.
one batch was made from the tailings from the volcano. Didn't have a way to measure, so I just covered it with a mix of organic MCT and regular organic coconut oil. Unfortunately I got a little distracted and the oil burned. Tastes pretty bad, but whooooeeee is it ever effective!!!!!!
The last thing I made, is I guess an infusion. I guess I took small amount of the 33g, and some of the other buds that I had decarbed. I used coconut manna. It doesn't strain really well, so the decarbed bud is still in it, which, I personally, don't mind. It's meant to spread on like toast or whatever, or used in smoothies. The consistency is weird, and I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure of the effectiveness

Has anyone ever used coconut manna before?

So.....I made gummies using both batches of oil, with the recipe I got from @InTheShed .
And I was happily surprised at how gummy they came out. Used grape (probably strongest flavor jello) with the burnt oil, and no joke, those are the wickedest. I also had a bit of oil that I had previously made, to make a different batch of jello.
So 3 different batches.....all amazing. Thanks for all the info and the recipes.
Meantime; I'm havin good 'ol time.
I'm in the gummy making biz yo....not really, but I'm way into it. Gonna make more in a little bit here, actually

Back
Top Bottom