Thanks for remembering my question SweetSue! It never occurred to me that the ECS creates cannabinoids on the spot when needed. Omega-3s become a very important part of the diet then if those are the building blocks the ECS uses.

I must say I was asking expecting some organ to be responsible, like the brain for opioids or the thyroid for hormones. Having the system produce its own substance makes for a very quick response. Was this discovered when the first discovered the ECS?

Thanks for remembering my question SweetSue! It never occurred to me that the ECS creates cannabinoids on the spot when needed. Omega-3s become a very important part of the diet then if those are the building blocks the ECS uses.

I must say I was asking expecting some organ to be responsible, like the brain for opioids or the thyroid for hormones. Having the system produce its own substance makes for a very quick response. Was this discovered when the first discovered the ECS?

They discovered the receptors first, then the endocannabinoids.

It's quite amazing, isn't it? Your ECS will combine different styles of receptors (i.e. endocannainoid and limbic) to serve a more specialized function too. I find myself wondering if the ECS creates specialized endocannabinoids, or if it's the receptors that are responsible for the signalling specialization. I suspect it's a receptor function, but I'm not there yet in my studies.

There isn't much the system can't do, to be honest. Every cell in your body is believed to have endocannabinoid receptors, with the exception of the ones that can stop your heart from beating or your lungs to forget to breathe. The ECS controls every other body system in its quest to balance the immune system with the central nervous system and keep the body community as close as possible to homeostasis.

Tension is the challenge. Tension blocks the clear reception of the vibration of cells in trouble. An open system with clear energy flow can more quickly respond to errant vibration. Stress creates tension. Conversely, Joy releases tension. Laughter, true, deep, hearty laughter is truly the best medicine. Nothing releases tension like a good belly laugh.

Maybe sex does. Lol! Combine laughter and sex......oops! Went off the track. :rofl:

The intrepid band of scientists that discovered the ECS went looking for how the brain responded to THC, and discovered that the brain had receptors that these plant molecules activated. The question then became "What does the body produce that activates those receptors?" That led to the discovery of anandamide, the bliss molecule.

It wasn't until recently that it began to be accepted that the ECS is the modulator of all other systems. Some doctors still consider it a minor system. Lol! Sorry, that makes me laugh. Work in the healing arts, but ignore the science. Yeah...that'll work.

LOL! Well now I've done the laughter for today...
:)

Thanks again for that info SweetSue.

My pleasure Shed. You know I live for this stuff. Lol!

Is 8 hours on/4 hours off/8 hours on is better than 16 hours on?

Hmmmm..... You know, I have no idea, but this seems a reasonable thought, given the number of times I've encountered references linking increased potency with forgetting the extraction was going on and leaving things sit longer than normal.

Without testing we have no way to know. That was part of what they were trying to work out on the Holy Grail thread.

@BobbyZ, thank you for continuing to document this fondling method of increasing oil production. :hug: You too @Dave Groomer. :hug: You know, Pigeons has always heavily handled his plants in veg, and they respond by growing into beasts. Lol! Combine the vigorous growth and strong branch development he promotes with this roughing up in flower technique.....this could get really interesting.

We won't know how much difference it makes until harvest, but I suspect all those new leaves will soon be covered with oil-filled trichomes.

If I owned a hydro shop or similar, I would get one of those handheld testers like Neil has and run tests for customers for $25 or something.

A man after my own heart. :green_heart:

I think it’d be fun to have a nationwide chain of non-profit testing outlets that run sophisticated tests for around that same amount Shed. Wouldn’t it be nice if they had a program to get home monitoring equipment out there too?

I love being a dreamer. :slide:

I have been giving my Train Wreck (4 weeks into flower) "hugs" every few days. This one is always a heavy trich producer anyway so we will see if this helps. :circle-of-love::peace:
You know we need pictures...
:passitleft:

I will see what I can do later after work. :passitleft::circle-of-love::peace:

Oh goodie! More documentation! :slide:

Thanks Dave....:passitleft: .....Mike, this was supposed to go to you earlier, and I think I may have walked off with it. Forgive me.

:passitleft:

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Santa brought me a little vaporizer. Its a pocket size model made for dry herb. I quite like it.

It comes with 4 temp settings. I've pretty much settled on 200F - yes the same as my decarb temps. The vapour tastes very pleasant and mild. Lots of terpene taste. No harshness in the throat and no coughing. Very enjoyable. Very quick bodily response that doesn't last as long as ingested oils but long enough. That's not news.

Ive seen a few posts asking about what can be done with the vaped plant material. Pre ownership I thought that would be gross - but thats when I'm thinking old school and the leftovers from a vape pen would be like the remains is a pipe or bong or an old roach. Y'all know what I mean.

Imagine my surprise and delight to find out that it comes out as toasted crumbled flower bits. Pleasant nutty taste and smell. So of course I ate some.

Not only does it taste good, but there is still useful cannabinoid content in there. It can be crumbled on or into anything just like any dried herb. When I build up a small supply I'll try an oil extraction on it.

Woohoo

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Santa brought me a little vaporizer. Its a pocket size model made for dry herb. I quite like it.

It comes with 4 temp settings. I've pretty much settled on 200F - yes the same as my decarb temps. The vapour tastes very pleasant and mild. Lots of terpene taste. No harshness in the throat and no coughing. Very enjoyable. Very quick bodily response that doesn't last as long as ingested oils but long enough. That's not news.

Ive seen a few posts asking about what can be done with the vaped plant material. Pre ownership I thought that would be gross - but thats when I'm thinking old school and the leftovers from a vape pen would be like the remains is a pipe or bong or an old roach. Y'all know what I mean.

Imagine my surprise and delight to find out that it comes out as toasted crumbled flower bits. Pleasant nutty taste and smell. So of course I ate some.

Not only does it taste good, but there is still useful cannabinoid content in there. It can be crumbled on or into anything just like any dried herb. When I build up a small supply I'll try an oil extraction on it.

Woohoo

Hey Bear! ABV (already Been vaped) material is great for making oil. Its in fact part of the reason I mostly quit using MJ. I was a long time heavy pot smoker who got a volcano. We saved up the tailings and made butter, then cookies. Well, I got so wasted from 1 cookie that I felt like I was tripping and in a very bad way, I could not wait to come down! After that, any time I smoked or vaped, I got really paranoid and a similar feeling to the bad trip just to a lesser degree. 6 years later, I still very rarely smoke, when I do it's a hit or 2 and I still get that paranoid feeling. The Boss (my gf) smokes, vapes and uses edibles like a champ and I often want to but don't, maybe someday. ABV is almost perfectly decarbed to make oil I guess is the point, just be careful on dosing, ha!:rofl:

@medmanmike, the infusion percentage isn’t a decarboxylation rate, it’s an extraction efficiency rate. Different values. Most decarb before infusion, and that decarb percentage would carry through. The extraction efficiency ratebtells you how many of those available cannabinoids you’ll recover.[/QUOTE]
Sue, I get the different values, just didn’t use the right vocabulary. I was just trying to point out that if someone new gets a hold of one of these SS and doesn’t know/understand the role/impact of decarbing when making an infusion their resulting values will be off. I would encourage the authors of the various SS to add a note at the top saying something to the effect: "This SS assumes one is starting with decarbed material."

Back
Top Bottom