I am always pushing Oldbear's spreadsheet out to users (I always credit him but stopped @ing him so he doesn't get so many "mentioned" notifications!), and when I PM it to them I include an entire instruction write up on how to use it.

Thanks Ive seen some of those and appreciate what you are doing to share awareness of this. I think of it as a 420Mag resource so no credits needed.

medmanmike said:
Sue, I get the different values, just didn’t use the right vocabulary. I was just trying to point out that if someone new gets a hold of one of these SS and doesn’t know/understand the role/impact of decarbing when making an infusion their resulting values will be off. I would encourage the authors of the various SS to add a note at the top saying something to the effect: "This SS assumes one is starting with decarbed material."

Good point, and I’ll remember to always include complete instructions when I share it.

Now you have me wondering about the temps at which cannabinoids begin to decarb as opposed to boiling temps.

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Santa brought me a little vaporizer. Its a pocket size model made for dry herb. I quite like it.

It comes with 4 temp settings. I've pretty much settled on 200F - yes the same as my decarb temps. The vapour tastes very pleasant and mild. Lots of terpene taste. No harshness in the throat and no coughing. Very enjoyable. Very quick bodily response that doesn't last as long as ingested oils but long enough. That's not news.

Ive seen a few posts asking about what can be done with the vaped plant material. Pre ownership I thought that would be gross - but thats when I'm thinking old school and the leftovers from a vape pen would be like the remains is a pipe or bong or an old roach. Y'all know what I mean.

Imagine my surprise and delight to find out that it comes out as toasted crumbled flower bits. Pleasant nutty taste and smell. So of course I ate some.

Not only does it taste good, but there is still useful cannabinoid content in there. It can be crumbled on or into anything just like any dried herb. When I build up a small supply I'll try an oil extraction on it.

Woohoo
When I'm short on "supplies" I will make up caps of AVB. You are right - there’s a lot of good stuff left over!

Speaking of which, I have a qt jar full of AVB and am looking for another way to use it. Anyone doing extractions, ETC. with AVB? Hate to waste it...

Also, mind sharing the vape you’re using? PM me if you don’t want to post here.

Mike its a Utillian 420 - entry level but fair quality for the price. Ill try an extraction once I build up a reserve.

Eating it works for me - crumbled into soup, salad, hot drinks, in smoothies ... lots of options.

Hey Bear! ABV (already Been vaped) material is great for making oil. Its in fact part of the reason I mostly quit using MJ. I was a long time heavy pot smoker who got a volcano. We saved up the tailings and made butter, then cookies. Well, I got so wasted from 1 cookie that I felt like I was tripping and in a very bad way, I could not wait to come down! After that, any time I smoked or vaped, I got really paranoid and a similar feeling to the bad trip just to a lesser degree. 6 years later, I still very rarely smoke, when I do it's a hit or 2 and I still get that paranoid feeling. The Boss (my gf) smokes, vapes and uses edibles like a champ and I often want to but don't, maybe someday. ABV is almost perfectly decarbed to make oil I guess is the point, just be careful on dosing, ha!:rofl:

Hi weenmeoff Thanks for sharing this.

Something I'm working on is the relationship between my reaction to cannabis and the amount of sugar in my system. There is definitely a relationship.

I can be happily going along on some meds. Then if I eat a high sugar anything and boom - the system gets all revved up and weird. I think thats the paranoid reaction. Sugar effects your brain. I think its a dopamine release which why we all like sweets so much.

Its also linked to the munchies. I think my ECS is saying 'hey, I could use some good food here". Items in the 'munchie' food group are typically low grade carbs and processed sugars. Ingesting that increases the blood sugar levels and increases the reaction to cannabis.

I like the acronym ABV

Oldbear Oil Report

Product: Whole flower popcorn buds from outdoor grown Northern Lights Auto

Oil: Avacodo

Cook time: 3 hours at 200F

Intake: about 1/2 ml under the tongue and swished around

Outcome: Ive sample the oil after just one extraction run. The second will happen later today. A very pleasant mild taste. Initial reaction in a couple minutes and slowly building to a very pleasant state over 30 minutes or so.

Solution is very clear without any filtering. I do pour it through a kitchen strainer to remove the buds and bits that fall off.

This is a keeper.

Sirloin with crown royale butter for lunch...:p
35AB9FEF-D7DA-4598-9068-F1FB2187AB03.jpeg

Sirloin with crown royale butter for lunch...:p
35AB9FEF-D7DA-4598-9068-F1FB2187AB03.jpeg

Well, well, well..... men and their fascination with meat products. :rofl: Sorry, my main protein comes from eggs.

What flavor canna butter Bobby?

I’d be remiss to run off and not compliment the artistry of the composition. :bravo:

I don't think their average reader has our background. Lol! Thanks for that Oldbear and Shed. :hug:

Shed, a while back you asked me how the body produces cannabinoids. I've been mulling it over for a while and I think I'm ready to toss it out there.

The way I think it works:

I'm coming at this from a gut instinct as much as science. I'll admit that up front, because the reality is I'll see what I'm looking for. I do my best to pay attention to what the science is trying to show us, keeping in mind that so much of the science is slanted to show the perceived or fabricated evils of THC and/or strapped by inadequate supply of research material that matched what we all consume.

There are some things we know about endocannabinoids.

* When a cell is stressed the chemical environment of that cell is effected. The ECS responds by pulling lipid molecules from the cell membrane and combining them with other molecules to create a particular endocannabinoid.

Omega 3s are the molecules the ECS is pulling from the membrane, the building blocks of endocannabinoids.

The newly-created cannabinoid activates a receptor on the cell membrane. The resulting chemical cascade inside the cell changes the cellular environment, and if all works as planned, the cell goes back to its homeostatic state. Balance is restored.

On demand, on site, instantly produced, utilized, and then disassembled by the enzymes in preparation for removal by the clean-up crew. In less time than it took to blink.

Continuing with the exploration we find:

* The ECS creates receptors in the CNS that migrate to peripheral cells. As need arises for more receptors, the ECS responds by creating them and shipping them out. This is particularly useful in pain modulation, which is where I learned about it.

Switching to instinct:

I think it has something to do with vibration. Purely speculation on my part, but it makes sense to me. A healthy cell vibrates a particular tone, and a community of cells in homeostasis maintain a particular tonal range.

The activity of receptor activation is a change of vibration, which causes a series of cellular modifications across a broad spectrum.

So my theory is that the cell out of vibration sets off an alert that triggers the creation of the endocannabinoid that'll signal the modification that resets the cellular vibration back to an acceptable range. It seems obvious to me that an increase in stress, coupled with a degradation of nutritional intake creates a cellular atmosphere challenging to a healing force that appears to respond more positively to joyfulness.

Science shows us that the cells know how to heal. My simple message: You are evolved to spontaneously heal. Joy may be your greatest healing tool.

Sue, are you familiar with this book?
The Biology of Belief 10th Anniversary Edition: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & MiraclesPaperback – October 11, 2016
by Bruce H. Lipton
If not, I think you’ll like it. It echoes what you've said above.

Well, well, well..... men and their fascination with meat products. :rofl: Sorry, my main protein comes from eggs.

What flavor canna butter Bobby?

I’d be remiss to run off and not compliment the artistry of the composition. :bravo:
It’s 1lb of dairy cream butter and 15 grams of Crown Royale . And I just keep getting higher.... The dogs and I took the rest of the day off.:laugh:
I did a double run in the instapot. 2 hrs high pressure, settle and cool over night. Then run it again the next morning. Cool, strain and use. Although it takes a good hour for the party to start. That just the way my body responds to eatables. It just kept going. The strongest I’ve made yet.

I guess about a week or so. When ever you made the first post, I started doing it I figured she would be easy to "hug" since she is by herself in the small tent :circle-of-love::peace:
Spreading the joy to the plants.

Hi weenmeoff Thanks for sharing this.

Something I'm working on is the relationship between my reaction to cannabis and the amount of sugar in my system. There is definitely a relationship.

I can be happily going along on some meds. Then if I eat a high sugar anything and boom - the system gets all revved up and weird. I think thats the paranoid reaction. Sugar effects your brain. I think its a dopamine release which why we all like sweets so much.

Its also linked to the munchies. I think my ECS is saying 'hey, I could use some good food here". Items in the 'munchie' food group are typically low grade carbs and processed sugars. Ingesting that increases the blood sugar levels and increases the reaction to cannabis.

I like the acronym ABV
Agreed. I really have to watch my sugar. eating more fat instead works for me.

Back
Top Bottom