I know... This changes everything!!! You can even experiment with one decent bud spot. I did it early in flower when they looked like string beans. It feels so wrong and takes courage when they are so young and fragile looking. It’s like it unlocks potential fibers in that area of the plant. It didn’t do much for a White Widow, so proceed at your own risk.
I just started roughing up half my AK-47 about 2 weeks into flip. I'm looking forward to seeing the difference!

My understanding is that the liver processes delta-9 into 11-hydroxy, but we don’t have much data on the medicinal value of 11-hydroxy because all the money goes to delta-9.

Now, here’s where it gets tricky for me. What volume of cannabinoids can the liver process in any given pass? How often will they get to the liver if they get through at all? We are marvelously made to do near-miraculous levels of chemical processing in the blink of an eye and the liver is a powerhouse for elimination.

The job of those enzymes is to prepare the molecules for elimination by making them more water soluble.

Once the cannabinoids hit the bloodstream they become game to be absorbed into the lymphatic system anyway, because they’re being shepherded in by the carrier oils they’ve associated with and the lecithin assisting. So the big question is, how many molecules of THC can actually pass through the liver without being disassembled and reconfigured by the enzymes?

Of what therapeutic use is what’s left? I’m still dipping my toes into the puddles of a very large ocean. I often consider that a couple years in university studying the ECS and cellular biology might not be a bad thing. Lol!

The process for fatty acids through the gut is to end up in the lymphatic system for further distribution. To me that suggests that anything not metabolized is of greater use as medicine. Olive oil is absorbed from the gut to the lymphatic system where the heavy work of healing is going on. In almost every case I’ll reach for olive oil when I’m making medicine over recreation.

Good morning Sue (and all my other friends!!!!)

I made a batch of grape seed oil for cream last night. 100+ g high quality trim (sugar leaves, popcorn bud and the such) with 3c oil and 3T lecithin. I will be making jars of cream this afternoon. I want to see if there is a noticeable difference with the lecithin added.

I also ordered a bottle of MCT coconut oil (fractionated) to play with. I want to see if that increases the potency of my brownies. :rolleyes:

I will let you all know the outcomes. :circle-of-love::peace:

Good morning Sue (and all my other friends!!!!)

I made a batch of grape seed oil for cream last night. 100+ g high quality trim (sugar leaves, popcorn bud and the such) with 3c oil and 3T lecithin. I will be making jars of cream this afternoon. I want to see if there is a noticeable difference with the lecithin added.

I also ordered a bottle of MCT coconut oil (fractionated) to play with. I want to see if that increases the potency of my brownies. :rolleyes:

I will let you all know the outcomes. :circle-of-love::peace:

By now you have some idea if the brownies are hitting faster or deeper, and possibly longer, huh? What say you Mr Groomer? :hmmmm:

I'm getting ready to make a new batch of body butter with a friend, and was wondering about your thoughts on adding LSL.

By now you have some idea if the brownies are hitting faster or deeper, and possibly longer, huh? What say you Mr Groomer? :hmmmm:

I'm getting ready to make a new batch of body butter with a friend, and was wondering about your thoughts on adding LSL.

The Rain forest is slow. I haven't gotten my oil yet. Hopefully this weekend.

As for the cream, it is made, but I haven't tried it yet. Finishing what is left in the last jar. I will fill you in on both when I get the MCT oil. :circle-of-love::peace:

A valuable and intriguing share from @Mr. Krip:

HEADS-UP CANCER PATIENTS & THOSE INTERESTED IN PREVENTION!

I was listening to a couple of PhD's having a discussion. Neither are medical doctors and the conversation wasn't really related to health, but, as it turns out, one of the PhD's had a bout with cancer and mentioned that all of the leading research into cancer drugs today centers around three types of compounds that are all types of sugars. Two of those three are Polysaccharides and BetaGlucans (I just don't remember, off the top of my head, what the 3rd one was).

Apparently, there are over 1,200 of these compounds BUT you can actually get ALL 1,200+ of them by taking FOUR medicinal (NON-psychoactive!) mushrooms!

These four mushrooms are: Chaga, Lion's Mane, Reishi & Turkey Tail

I've done some research on all of these and they have many other health benefits in terms of boosting the immune system, repairing the nervous system, etc.

You don't need to take all four of these mushrooms together but (according to this PhD!), by rotating what you're taking, you get the full spectrum.

I'd encourage everyone to do their own research, talk to their own doctors, etc. but I was personally impressed with what I discovered about these medicinal mushrooms, and I've started taking these, myself (I'm not a cancer patient - just want to stay healthy!), so I wanted to share the info here!

Stay Healthy!

K

A mushroom soup recipe with anti-cancer super food mushrooms:

Before you begin preparing the soup you should secure 12 to 14 plastic containers to store the
resulting portions. (Don’t use cardboard containers—the soup will soak through over time.) Here
is the recipe:
• 3 quarts of purified or spring water
• 3 Tbs. (1.6 oz.) dried (or 1 lb. fresh) shiitake mushrooms (Lentinus edodes)*
• 3 Tbs. (1.6 oz.) dried (or 1 lb. fresh) maitake mushrooms (Grifola frondosa)
• 3 Tbs. (1.6 oz.) dried (or 1 lb. fresh) oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus)
(substituting the mushrooms in sweetSues article would be fine)
• 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
• 1 large onion, diced
• 6 oz. of parsley
• 5 cloves of garlic, crushed and peeled
• 1 to 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
• 1 Tbs. olive oil
• 2 Tbs. “Herbs de Provence” (summer savory, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme,
lavender flowers)
• Salt or tamari sauce to taste
. Optional add cannabis in whatever strength works for you.

Boil the ingredients thoroughly, until all of the mushrooms are very soft—this is crucial, as it
releases polysaccharides from behind the rigid mushroom cell walls. Let the soup cool. Divide
the soup into daily portions of 8 oz., refrigerate seven for the week ahead and freeze the rest. You
can discard the mushroom solids at this point as they are “played out” and their beneficial
ingredients are now contained in the liquid portion of the soup.

Ok. Update time. First the cream.

I made my last batch and added 1T sunflower Lecithin per cup of grape seed oil. I find the constancy to be a little smoother. Also, the essential oil that I add seems to blend better giving the cream less of a "weedy" smell. I am not sure that it is working better, but I do like the smoothness.

I made 2 small batches of oil. The first one was 4g of Train Wreck (the strain that works best for one of my friends with MS) with 4oz of MCT coconut oil and 1/2T Lecithin. My friend said it did not work as well for her as the organic Kirkland oil that I normally use. The second batch was 1c with 8g Critical Mass the I made into brownies. I don't notice much difference (except the brownies don't have as much of a coconut flavor). Considering the cost of the MCT vs Kirkland, I think I will stick with the Kirkland. :circle-of-love::peace:

I tried making a batch of my cocobudder with the MCT oil instead of my Kirkland coconut oil and don't notice any difference other than not tasting coconut which I don't mind anyways so I'll stick to the Kirkland's as well. A 473ml bottle of MCT is only a few dollars less than a 2,480ml can of organic, virgin coconut oil and I get 5.24x as much.

I like that the coconut oil is semi-solid most of the timeand easier to spread on cookies etc too.

I like that the coconut oil goes solid too. I find it easy enough to melt if need be.

Thank you both for your input. :hug: I haven’t ventured into MCT oil yet, the cost kept me away so far.

Dave... smoother, eh? That’s a good reason to give it a go next time.

I like the taste of coconut. :battingeyelashes:

I like the taste of coconut. :battingeyelashes:

I do too. I use it to fry an egg for a sandwich, butter substitute on one piece of toast for a toasted peanut butter and honey sandwich or even just eat a heaping spoonful for instant energy and internal heat tho dried ginger slices are great for the heat thing when you're feeling chilly.

Recently found out it's good for the prostate too and I'm getting an MRI later this month for a good look at mine. I doubt it's anything serious but my PSA shot up to 10.2 from 7.4 so the doc wants it checked out. Seeing him next week and will ask for another PSA test as I've been taking expensive prostate pills from the health food store that really seem to have got rid of most of the annoying symptoms which weren't that bad anyways.

I should know in early April if anything is going on in there but far from freaking out. :D

:peace:

I find as I age these things worry me less and then I started studying the ECS and figured out we're hard-wired to spontaneously heal. I haven't looked at illness in quite the same way since. I don't fear death. That helps. :laughtwo:

Came across this today and thought you "oilers" might like reading this.

Anti-inflammatory activity and accelerated stability studies of crude extract syrup of Cannabis sativa.
From the Abstract:

"Formulation of C. sativa as syrup using efficient carriers improves the pharmacological activity of the crude extract. SMBs and EDTA significantly enhance the stability of the syrup with no observable biochemical and hematological changes in treated animals."

From the results:

"The crude Cannabis sativa resin and its various syrup formulations caused varying degrees of suppression of paw edema in rats compared to control with somewhat dose-dependent effects in most cases. However, this activity was much more evident when the Cannabis resin was formulated and delivered in syrups (Table 2).

The stability of syrups is important because their physicochemical properties depend on excipients employed in preparation and was assessed by determining the amount of initial concentration degraded after certain time under stressed conditions."

I wonder if the Liquid Sunflower Oil that many of us use acts similarly to the metabisulphite (SMBs) and ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) used in this experiment?

I wonder if the Liquid Sunflower Oil that many of us use acts similarly to the metabisulphite (SMBs) and ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) used in this experiment?
Excellent find triple M! And I wonder if they really did an analysis to see if they were using sativa or just using the generic term :).

Other items of note (someone correct me if I misread any of this):
They used "fresh C. sativa leaves."
The did not decarb, nor does it seem they measured the cannabinoid content except to determine shelf life.
For some reason, they included sucrose and aspertame (!) in their formulations.
This syrup was injected directly into the paws.
Found this interesting: " Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) was reportedly 20 times more potent than aspirin and 2 times as
potent as hydrocortisone in carrageenan edema test in rats [9] but these findings were not confirmed when Δ9-THC was orally administered. In fact, it was inactive in blocking carrageena-ninduced edema in the rat paw model [8]. These
discrepancies in anti-inflammatory activity of Cannabis, however, could be attributed in part to pharmacokinetic-related properties of Cannabis, especially the erratic absorption profile from smoking."

I found this statement in the abstract provocative:

“With the exception of eosinophil that disappeared from the blood in the third week, all the hematological parameters showed a gradual increase in lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, packed cell volume (PCV), white and red blood cell counts in the third week compared to control.”

...a gradual increase over three weeks.

This backs up our contention that we’re working on a cellular level and should anticipate gradual but steady improvement.

Back to reading. Thanks Mike. :battingeyelashes:

Alright my friends. I have a bit of a problem and this seems to be the best place to throw it out there and brain storm.

I have a patient that I help with MS. Her biggest issue is sleeping at night. The best strain that we have found for her is Medicann's Train Wreck, in Indica Dominant strain with moderate amounts of CBD. The dosing technique that has work best for her is Coconut oil. I infuse it a 1.5g / oz of oil. She puts a teaspoon full on a cracker before bed and it helps her sleep. This is certainly not convenient for traveling. Every other method we have tried has been less then effective.

I have made her brownies, and they work reasonably well, but she had stomach surgery and a whole brownie is like eating a meal for her. I tried infusing Fractionated oil for her and that didn't work well. I just made a batch of gummie bears for her and that didn't seem to work as well as I hoped. She took 2, felt a little drowsie, but after 90 minutes, not falling a sleep, took 2 more. She had a bad case of the night sweats. I thought the gummies would be the answer. No smell, easy the travel with. The other people who have tried the gummies, love them.

So. What do you all think. Do I need to make a stronger batch of gummies?

The batches the I have made, use 8g of flower reduced down to CCO then infused in 1/4c fractionated coconut oil with lecithin.

Any help would be appreciated.:circle-of-love::peace:

Alright my friends. I have a bit of a problem and this seems to be the best place to throw it out there and brain storm.

I have a patient that I help with MS. Her biggest issue is sleeping at night. The best strain that we have found for her is Medicann's Train Wreck, in Indica Dominant strain with moderate amounts of CBD. The dosing technique that has work best for her is Coconut oil. I infuse it a 1.5g / oz of oil. She puts a teaspoon full on a cracker before bed and it helps her sleep. This is certainly not convenient for traveling. Every other method we have tried has been less then effective.

I have made her brownies, and they work reasonably well, but she had stomach surgery and a whole brownie is like eating a meal for her. I tried infusing Fractionated oil for her and that didn't work well. I just made a batch of gummie bears for her and that didn't seem to work as well as I hoped. She took 2, felt a little drowsie, but after 90 minutes, not falling a sleep, took 2 more. She had a bad case of the night sweats. I thought the gummies would be the answer. No smell, easy the travel with. The other people who have tried the gummies, love them.

So. What do you all think. Do I need to make a stronger batch of gummies?

The batches the I have made, use 8g of flower reduced down to CCO then infused in 1/4c fractionated coconut oil with lecithin.

Any help would be appreciated.:circle-of-love::peace:
A teaspoon is approx 5ml or just over 5 00 capsules
A 000 capsule is 1.37ml

I'd go with capsules. Easy to use, very Mobil and travel friendly

It's what I use

Back
Top Bottom