Hey Chris - Im up from my hibernation.

A target of 10 mg / dose seems more like it to me. If you need stronger, take 2.

To make a test batch, use 2 grams of your product of choice.

You have 2 x 1000 x 20% = 400 mg total cbd
Factor 80% efficiency for decarb and infusion: 320 mg
Use 32 ml of oil of your choice gives you 10 mg / ml of oil.

I want to make infused oil with CBD, using Candida flower which is about a 20/1 CBD/THC

I'm doing so by Candy I first test the percentage of oil. If I have 75% pure cbd then I put 1.25 grams to get 1000 mg of canabinoid. That's 1000 mg divided by 100 and I get 10 mg of Biobombs containing 10 mg cbd, cbn, cbg, thc for oil testing. If you hoces 30 mg of Biobombs then 1000 mg divides by 33.
:green_heart::green_heart:

Cbn, cbg, thc is also given by oil testing.
Candida does not give a lot of oil but is very good. I take 20 mg Candida (5 ml Candida, 2 ml Cindirela 99-150 kapsules)) and this combination suits most people with inflammatory problems.

Hey Chris - Im up from my hibernation.

A target of 10 mg / dose seems more like it to me. If you need stronger, take 2.

To make a test batch, use 2 grams of your product of choice.

You have 2 x 1000 x 20% = 400 mg total cbd
Factor 80% efficiency for decarb and infusion: 320 mg
Use 32 ml of oil of your choice gives you 10 mg / ml of oil.

Ok so Almost exactly what I just figured

4oz of oil
8gr of weed

Right at 10mg/ml

Graciass my friend

Edit

I used yer calculateing sheet :headbanger:

I'm doing so by Candy I first test the percentage of oil. If I have 75% pure cbd then I put 1.25 grams to get 1000 mg of canabinoid. That's 1000 mg divided by 100 and I get 10 mg of Biobombs containing 10 mg cbd, cbn, cbg, thc for oil testing. If you hoces 30 mg of Biobombs then 1000 mg divides by 33.
:green_heart::green_heart:

Cbn, cbg, thc is also given by oil testing.
Candida does not give a lot of oil but is very good. I take 20 mg Candida (5 ml Candida, 2 ml Cindirela 99-150 kapsules)) and this combination suits most people with inflammatory problems.

It pleases me to no end to have opened a room that attracts so many talented cannabis warriors. :hug:

I worked up an exotic mix of CBD and THC oils for my daughter before moving that were 5 mg of THC and 7-8 mg of CBD per capsule. It was a wild guess, since I have no testing equipment. That mix works to temper her anxiety, enough to create a base medication level that allows her to leave the house without terror.

The whole time I was concocting it I kept hearing Cajun encouraging us to make our medicinal oils with a mix of chemovars. It makes a stronger medicine.

Concentrate is a possibility... I know it knocks me out.

This site and their suggested method of making CCO concerns me. His entire system is based on outdated understandings and techniques, recommends only indicas and dangerous solvents, and leaves out some critical steps like winterizing.

I know they know about winterizing. I’ve been waiting for them to make the edit for over three years. :straightface:

This site and their suggested method of making CCO concerns me. His entire system is based on outdated understandings and techniques, recommends only indicas and dangerous solvents, and leaves out some critical steps like winterizing.

I know they know about winterizing. I’ve been waiting for them to make the edit for over three years. :straightface:
Yeah I suspect every method gets refined and adjusted with time as the layers of cannabis are revealed. I can respect that.
:high-five:

Edit: Corrections have been made. My apologies for the confusion.

A late night Saturday treat. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

I’ve been playing with this for something else and decided it’d be useful here.

It’s based on the work Of GW Pharma of Great Britain.

Decarbing For Maximum Neutral Cannabinoids (~ 95% conversion)

High CBD chemovar (strain)

Heat 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry.

Continue heating either

* 60 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)
* 30 minutes @ 284° F (140° C)

Large Batch (larger than 4 oz)

* 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry
* Continue 55-90 min @ 293° F (145° C)

High THC chemovar (strain)

Heat 15 minutes @221° F (105° C) to dry

Continue heating for either

* 60 - 120 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)
* 110 minutes @ 230°F (110° C)

*15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry

* Continue 45-55 min @ 293°F (145° C)

Heat 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry.​

Continue heating either​

* 60 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)​
* 30 minutes @ 248° F (140° C)​

* 30 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry​
* Continue 55-90 min @ 293° F (145° C)​

Heat 60 minutes @248° F (220° C)​

Continue heating for either​

* 60-120 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)​
* 110 minutes @ 230°F (110° C)​

*15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)​

* Continue 45-55 min @ 293°F (146° C)​
Sue, great info! Question though. On the High THC it doesn’t specifically say "to dry", and, the time and temp seems to high and to long for drying. And Larger Batch doesn’t say "to dry", but the time and temp seem appropriate. Just wondering if this is correct?

Sue, great info! Question though. On the High THC it doesn’t specifically say "to dry", and, the time and temp seems to high and to long for drying. And Larger Batch doesn’t say "to dry", but the time and temp seem appropriate. Just wondering if this is correct?

This is the way it’s presented in the material Mike, with the exception of my addition of the words “to dry.” That was my interpretation of the material presented.

Link us up! I feel the need for charts and graphs :).

And not to toot my own horn here as well ;), but I've been saying it is important to heat-dry our wet buds before starting the timing for decarb. Evaporation is a cooling process.

Forgive me Shed. It was late and I should have been asleep. :laughtwo:

US7344736B2

The information is pretty far down in.

Here’s where I hold my breath, hoping I didn’t make a glaring mistake somewhere. :laughtwo: I’ve triple-checked the numbers. I’ll still feel better when you do. :battingeyelashes:

Heat 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry.​

Continue heating either​

* 60 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)​
* 30 minutes @ 248° F (140° C) This should be 284F

* 30 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry​
* Continue 55-90 min @ 293° F (145° C)​

Heat 60 minutes @248° F (220° C) THis should be 120C

Continue heating for either​

* 60-120 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)​
* 110 minutes @ 230°F (110° C)​

*15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)​

* Continue 45-55 min @ 293°F (146° C)​

Sue I flagged a couple of changes ....

Sue I flagged a couple of changes ....

Thank you. :hug: It’s good to have you all covering my back. I’ll correct and flag them for edit replacements.

I’ll have you know I triple-checked that. :rofl: Man! It’s good to have this team beside me. :circle-of-love:

I just discovered I have it correct in my notes, but for some reason it got switched up when I typed this up.

I just discovered I have it correct in my notes, but for some reason it got switched up when I typed this up.

I think there is a cob connection. :green_heart: Just kidding - its a couple of typos is all.

Hard to proof your own work Ive found. Your brain substitutes the real word cause it knows what it is supposed to be.

Yup

Ya did that on all yer posts

Think I mentioned it in the IP thread

They’ll all get switched out for the correct numbers. I added a bold note that they’d been corrected, for those who may have picked up the wrong info. Everyone comes back again to grab the post when they need it. Blogs made that so much easier.

I think there is a cob connection. :green_heart: Just kidding - its a couple of typos is all.

Hard to proof your own work Ive found. Your brain substitutes the real word cause it knows what it is supposed to be.

I hear ya. :laughtwo: Increase the volume of output and the chance of overlooking something increases. Lol! Thank goodness you guys allow me to be human. :hug:

Edit: Corrections have been made. My apologies for the confusion.

Heat 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry.

Continue heating either

* 60 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)
* 30 minutes @ 284° F (140° C)

* 30 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry
* Continue 55-90 min @ 293° F (145° C)

Heat 60 minutes @248° F (120° C)

Continue heating for either

* 60-120 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)
* 110 minutes @ 230°F (110° C)

*15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)

* Continue 45-55 min @ 293°F (145° C)
Sue, thanks for cleaning this up, but I’m still wondering about some of the numbers.

1) why is the drying time (small batch) temp and time for High THC so much higher than the others? 15 & 30 min seems appropriate for both CBD and THC, small and large batches, but 60 min @ 248°F doesn’t make sense. I’ve looked and looked for this in the doc. and can’t find it.

2) The boiling point of water is 212°F. If we dry at that temp or higher won’t that rupture cells and have a detrimental effect on the material?

Don’t mean to criticize, just trying to make sense of all the numbers!

Back
Top Bottom