Time to close it down for the night.

Tomorrow I’ll finish the video and get this all digitized over in the Class Notes thread. Learned a couple interesting things:

- CBD is looking to be an effective treatment for Type 1 diabetes.

It’s an autoimmune disease. This lights up the reality of CBD being the cannabinoid of choice to dominate a regimen for autoimmune diseases, wouldn’t you think? After all, he should know, eh?

- For a child in chemo a dose of 5 mg of THC, under the tongue, spared them the discomfort that frequently accompanied chemo. I believe he said they’re still waiting - 10 years later - for anyone to take it up as a treatment for pediatric oncology.

That wants to be sad in the worst way. :straightface:

I refuse to allow anything to temper the joy of study. :slide:

NPR

Avedon doesn't want to get high from anything she uses. So on her first trip, she picked up a topical cream that was sold as a pain reliever. It contained cannabidiol, or CBD, but was formulated without THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, marijuana's psychoactive ingredient.

"It helped a little," she says. "Now I'm going back for the second time hoping they have something better."

I’m not saying that there’s no therapeutic value to CBD products. I’m saying it disturbs me that we’ve brainwashed our senior population to such an extent that they need their doctor’s permission to even try cannabis, - permission from a group so uneducated in the therapeutic value of cannabis that it’s frightening - and then they’re so afraid of feeling good that they’ll deliberately choose a THC-free TOPICAL. :straightface:

People don’t understand euphoria. For one thing we call it “getting high.” This little phrase is working against us in much the same way words like “marijuana “ does.

Language matters. It’ll be helpful if beliefs can be softened.

fueling the fear that cannabis use will lead to Alzheimer’s.
Alzheimers autopsy's show a plaque in the brain.
That's what I noticed in all their mumbo jumbo about blood flow to the brain: no mention of what science believes is the cause of Alzheimers...plaque.
If you are "too high" at the time of your event the memory will not be laid down or preserved. I know from experience
Me too! I have only ever had a 3 second memory of an entire Edgar Winter concert I went to at the Felt Forum. We must have had a great time though!
Here's the table I use:
Excellent record-keeping HG :thumb:. A while back there was a post about making an oil squeezer out of 2x4s and a car jack I think. If I can find it I'll re-post it.

Edit: that didn't take long...Oldbear's original post (last two pics) and SweetSue's tutorial find. Original here:
https://practicalprimitive.com/skillofthemonth/tincturepress.html
capsaicin receptor
We have capsaicin receptors too? Does capsaicin actually enter the bloodstream from eating hot peppers?

Nice finds this weekend SweetSue! :thanks:

I got the call today about a home for me. A physical home of my own. :yahoo:

I’ll probably move in sometime next month. Ahhh..... gosh, this feels good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on "The Call" today! So glad you can have your own place to live! Moving when you get back from Cali. Cheers

I dont remember where the Bellybutton method was discussed a while back, so I'll put this here ok?

Anyway I tried it. I use a an mct based oil; with a 2.5 mg thc and 3 mg cbd dose.

There was a reaction that is different on me than other intake methods. Hard to describe really. Certainly a mild, pleasant sense of overall well-being.

I've done this a few times now. Try it you'll like it.

I dont remember where the Bellybutton method was discussed a while back, so I'll put this here ok?

Anyway I tried it. I use a an mct based oil; with a 2.5 mg thc and 3 mg cbd dose.

There was a reaction that is different on me than other intake methods. Hard to describe really. Certainly a mild, pleasant sense of overall well-being.

I've done this a few times now. Try it you'll like it.
Here's a couple of "references"...

I'm pretty sure that acetone is a known method of transdermal delivery. That fact that transdermal delivery of testosterone via the navel works better than transdermal delivery of testosterone via the arm is good to know. That said, different substances have different molecular sizes and some substances (including essential oils) can be absorbed through the skin without any solvents and some can't. As I recall, the molecular structure of cannabinoids requires modification to enter the bloodstream through the skin. This is why topical application of high THC oil will not get you high unless it has been modified for application with a transdermal patch.

What I'm more interested in is what the THC content of Ezra's blood was after the rosin application.

I doubt she’s having his blood checked for THC levels. The chances are high that she’d be reported for child abuse. :straightface:

Sorry... out of character.

Well @medmanmike..... color me impressed! Intriguing finds, eh? @Amy Gardner, you need to be part of this discussion.

Hi Sue and all. I’ll try to look at those links later sometime - i’m Already over my reading quota today ;). WHen I tried I was fairly certain I had that effect oldbear posted about. I haven’t tried it again tho’. I will run some more experiments :Namaste:

Hey Amy. :hug:

The dramatic results they’re reporting in these posts are with CCO applied to the navel and bandaged to encourage max absorption. I’m curious what effect a potent infused oil might bring.

Shed, good point about the molecular change to absorb transdermally. I may have something in my notes to lead us to a better understanding, but this application isn’t depending on a strict dermal absorption, I’m certain of it. There are connections through this portal that really are central to the rest of the body, and I don’t think we can look at this the same way we do our skin covering.

Back
Top Bottom