Hey.... we’re on page 360. How’s the view? :rofl:

Oops! Too late. The page changed. Lol! I couldn’t resist. :laughtwo:

:hmmmm: i said it ... he agreed ... :smokin:
:sorry:

You said it sister! :high-five:

I was inspired by Sues simple brownie recipe we discussed. She used 8g for 1/2 cup and I had 4.2g of decarbed herb just waiting for the right opportunity.
So 4.2g in 1/4 cup EVOO. I don’t have a recipe in mind as I’m trying to eat a little healthier, so caps it was!
Cheers! I just took 4 :morenutes::woohoo:

I’m barely typing lol. Was pretty intense there for a while. :lot-o-toke:

Luckily cannabis is kind. :laughtwo:

Hey... I keep meaning to leave the name of that book I recommended for your son.

Anatomy Trains by Tom Myers.

Thanks Sue, I’ll forward it to him.

The oil I made was very nice!
I had way more success making a small batch so much more than the magic butter machine.
I’ve only used coconut oil in the past, maybe the EVOO made a difference.
Seems like if I infused an ounce of herb into a cup of oil it should be the same as the 7grams I put in a 1/4 cup.
It hurts to put two zips of your herb into a machine and it not be very psychoactive.

Archiweedies I'm a small batch processor too. Sometimes as small as 2 grams when its experimental.

Something Ive learned is that doing a second extraction with the same material is worthwhile. After that, I still use the leftovers.

Archiweedies I'm a small batch processor too. Sometimes as small as 2 grams when its experimental.

Something Ive learned is that doing a second extraction with the same material is worthwhile. After that, I still use the leftovers.
Greetings again Oldbear :ciao:

I appreciate the wisdom you’re sharing with me, thank you. I want to fully understand here, when doing a second extraction are we using fresh oil with the second run?

Two grams is a small run for sure! I’ve realized almost overnight that I can do this it isn’t as hard as I thought. :yahoo:

The instant pot has been fantastic for me and oils

I'll do 4oz batches of oil, very easy to manage

I never used all the oil in my 8oz+ batches so this is much better

Hey @Archiweedies

I’m not sure what experience you had with the oil that wasn’t potent in effect, but there are lots of things that can influence the effectiveness of THC when you eat it. The liver metabolism can make it stronger, we know this (by converting it to 11-hydroxy-THC). But, the liver can also not do this conversion, and can actually excrete THC as waste. That’s where what you eat, or don’t eat, along with an edible or capsule can make or break it. Duggs made some oil that was super potent and it did nothing for him until a few of us suggested he try it with food...

So yeah - you maybe went down all these paths when it happened and I missed it so sorry if I’m trekking over already covered ground. It’s the subject of my coursework right now, and seemed relevant. :Namaste:

Hey @Archiweedies

I’m not sure what experience you had with the oil that wasn’t potent in effect, but there are lots of things that can influence the effectiveness of THC when you eat it. The liver metabolism can make it stronger, we know this (by converting it to 11-hydroxy-THC). But, the liver can also not do this conversion, and can actually excrete THC as waste. That’s where what you eat, or don’t eat, along with an edible or capsule can make or break it. Duggs made some oil that was super potent and it did nothing for him until a few of us suggested he try it with food...

So yeah - you maybe went down all these paths when it happened and I missed it so sorry if I’m trekking over already covered ground. It’s the subject of my coursework right now, and seemed relevant. :Namaste:
Not a problem! I made some coconut oil a while back in the magic butter. I can’t remember how much cannabis was used but no matter how many capsules I took, it had no effect. Others that tried them didn’t dare take two.

This EVOO small batch worked right away. I actually use a little toaster oven out on my patio to decarb and infuse so it makes for a really nice day outside :high-five:

I think Sue and I discussed this way back, but I did have my gallbladder removed almost 25 years ago. I know the gallbladder does have a small part to play in the digestion of fats.
I think it was determined this was unlikely but I’ve still been unable to explain it away.

small part to play in the digestion of fats.
Intrinsic actually and I don’t doubt that this may well be part of it. That acid your gallbladder used to produce is quite possibly the difference here, IMHO.

Information coming to me recently through green flower media says that the latest research actually shows that buccal absorption is more efficient than ingestion (tinctures, both alcohol and oil based - our basic oil infusions are technically a tincture). When you use an edible that is chewed for a time before swallowing, the cannabinoids can enter and access the receptors all the way down, starting in the mouth. Then digestion takes over - conversions and redirections happen and the absorption eventually takes place through the small intestine, which is why it takes time for edibles to come on. It’s very likely that you can access the EVOO more easily than the Coconut oil because it’s less rich, and bioavailable in different ways (that Sue has posted about quite a bit in the past :)), so the lack of gallbladder is less of an issue. That’s my take. I’m going to go back to the course video that was talking about this to see if there are more details (it’s fairly introductory at this stage tho).

Intrinsic actually and I don’t doubt that this may well be part of it. That acid your gallbladder used to produce is quite possibly the difference here, IMHO.

Information coming to me recently through green flower media says that the latest research actually shows that buccal absorption is more efficient than ingestion (tinctures, both alcohol and oil based - our basic oil infusions are technically a tincture). When you use an edible that is chewed for a time before swallowing, the cannabinoids can enter and access the receptors all the way down, starting in the mouth. Then digestion takes over - conversions and redirections happen and the absorption eventually takes place through the small intestine, which is why it takes time for edibles to come on. It’s very likely that you can access the EVOO more easily than the Coconut oil because it’s less rich, and bioavailable in different ways (that Sue has posted about quite a bit in the past :)), so the lack of gallbladder is less of an issue. That’s my take. I’m going to go back to the course video that was talking about this to see if there are more details (it’s fairly introductory at this stage tho).
Thanks for the knowledge, it’s quite interesting this oil making. I finally feel like I can join the club :hug:

I have made a tincture from everclear and it worked quite well. I’ve been really into making hash oil lately. Basically, I’ve been playing with the safer solvents out there. Playing with extracting reclaim, etc. What would be a good method for decarbing the extracts for oil making.
I imagine I’d need to decarb in whatever container I plan to infuse my oil eh?

Back
Top Bottom