Hi archiweedies. Yes I use new oil for the second pass. Haven’t tried it yet but some folks are reporting great results resting the oil and cannabis overnight then doing a second and third bake.

Busy thread this week. Makes an old fella pay attention.

Hi archiweedies. Yes I use new oil for the second pass. Haven’t tried it yet but some folks are reporting great results resting the oil and cannabis overnight then doing a second and third bake.

Busy thread this week. Makes an old fella pay attention.
Thanks Oldbear. I was looking at the mash and wondering what it might be good for.

I’ve gotta stop tossing trim and mash and stuff. What do you do with your sugar leaves AG? I’ve just popped them in the freezer in a zip loc bag and use them as extras in oil and such. The thought occurred to me, that maybe drying it first would be better

Edit: technically, I’ve gotten in to leaving them on lately. Helps slow down the drying.

popped them in the freezer in a zip loc bag and use them as extras in oil and such
This ^^^ or to make drysift hash out of - if i ever get to getting or making a little screen. I’d love to make just a single screen of a good enough micron to get nice keif with pretty much a single pass, and have it be small - like 15”x12” or something like that - so I can manage it easily, for small batches.

Today as I missed a few times while trimming and bit os bud fell off, i did think this trim might be good as oil extras :)

Struggling to keep up with this thread. I’m in the bush on a phone and at the edge of the cell tower.

Archie this will come in stages. Mash made from crumbled bud can be added to any soup salad stew sauce. Often I’ll just eat some. Also in any desert type of baking.

Well I'll be ... walk away for 3 years and this thread is still alive ... as is SweetSue! Yay!!!

Hi Susan! Hugs! Glad to see you are still alive and kicking on 420 Magazine. I'll have to find time and see what trouble you have been making on these pages, as I remember you are an extremely prolific poster.

Greetings 420 peeps! I know most of you don't remember me, I was only active here for about a year from 2015-2016, but it looks like things are about the same in these parts. I know better than to try and catch up on 3 years of thread posts, so I'll just insert myself here and read backwards if I get confused.

Sue helped me get started making Oils a few years back, thank you dear! I ingest a lot of raw and fresh plant as a part of my diet and health plan, but have learned to enjoy Oils as a component of my consumption too. I think I'm fairly practiced at making Oils now, maybe a 100 or so batches under my belt trying various methods and strains. It's funny how a few years of practice leads toward a half-decent Oil maker.

Nothing intelligent to add to the mix really, 420 day hit yesterday and it tickled my old grey matter and made me think about this website. I had a thought to logon, raise my hand and reintroduce myself in these virtual parts.

Here is my original introduction of myself in case you wonder ... who is this old dude?

HowdyDo

Happy 420 + 1

:Namaste:
JB

Hey fellow Oilers I had a question. About how much lecithin do u add to 2cups oil? Also if using the mb machine it says 1 hour for oil but if I do it twice as long for 2hours will it be mre potent?

Hey Blazin - I dont know where MB got there ideas from but I dont think anyone follows their timing instructions. It had me confounded the first time as well.

I use the 8hr cycle when doing an infusion into Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).

And some people like Derby mentioned above, are doing 3-4hrs - let it cool - do another 3-4hrs and finding that it makes a more effective oil.

I’m trying that my next run for sure. I’ll do 4hrs on - off till it’s cool - and another 4hrs. :thumb:

Oh and its 1 tablespoon of Lecithin per cup of EVOO. :) Oh - yes, Derby said that already ^^^

That would be a great size screen for just sitting on your lap.
Precisely! :high-five: Nice little catch tray...I can see it now! I will be able to make my own dry-sift really well :)

I dont remember where the Bellybutton method was discussed a while back, so I'll put this here ok?

Anyway I tried it. I use a an mct based oil; with a 2.5 mg thc and 3 mg cbd dose.

There was a reaction that is different on me than other intake methods. Hard to describe really. Certainly a mild, pleasant sense of overall well-being.

I've done this a few times now. Try it you'll like it.

Today Doob and I are planning a couple experiments with pressed rosin. He has a quantity of CBD buds he purchased from the internet, a delicious-smelling strain with orange tones.

The plan is to do a dab and follow it with a couple hits of th CBD flower to find out how effective this method really is to counter euphoria.

Then we’ll do another dab, because it’s wrong to strip me of euphoria and then leave me hanging. :laughtwo:

As long as we’re pressing rosin I’ll have him do a wee bit more and try the belly button tomorrow morning. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have a mini forge at home

I have my own home! :yahoo:

and I can use it in my new bathroom, which should have excellent ventilation to the roof, removing any concerns that the neighbors will be alerted to my activities. I’ll continue exploring the belly button avenue once I get settled from my trip to Phoenix.

@Oldbear, I assume that was decarbed materials? I’m not trying a balanced ratio, I’m shooting for high THC. Doob has a Nova Lift, so we can decarb the rosin before I try tomorrow.

What a joy to see this thread so active. :hug:

I’ve gotta stop tossing trim and mash and stuff. What do you do with your sugar leaves AG? I’ve just popped them in the freezer in a zip loc bag and use them as extras in oil and such. The thought occurred to me, that maybe drying it first would be better

Edit: technically, I’ve gotten in to leaving them on lately. Helps slow down the drying.

There was a time I added sweetener to the mash to make it a bit more palatable and ate a spoonful every day. The extraction efficiencybof infused oils is only around 85%, which suggests you’re leaving a full 15% of th available cannabinoid goodness behind in that mash. This is why we’re so passionate about finding ways to use that mash.

Drying out is a neat impossibility. The oil doesn’t dry easily. :laughtwo: I freeze what I’m not using.

This ^^^ or to make drysift hash out of - if i ever get to getting or making a little screen. I’d love to make just a single screen of a good enough micron to get nice keif with pretty much a single pass, and have it be small - like 15”x12” or something like that - so I can manage it easily, for small batches.

Today as I missed a few times while trimming and bit os bud fell off, i did think this trim might be good as oil extras :)

Look into geology supplies. I’d almost bet there’s a screen for micro-sized particulates.

When Brix and I trim side-by-side and one of us mistakenly clips off a small bud he always hands it to me to chew right then and there. :laughtwo:

That would be a great size screen for just sitting on your lap.

I can almost see it in action. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Struggling to keep up with this thread. I’m in the bush on a phone and at the edge of the cell tower.

Archie this will come in stages. Mash made from crumbled bud can be added to any soup salad stew sauce. Often I’ll just eat some. Also in any desert type of baking.

The best idea. Add it to what you’re cooking. It makes great filler for a meatloaf, or dropped into a pot of chili. Tomatoes and chocolate seem to cover the tastes more effectively than many other flavors, IMO. This is why brownies are such a favorite medicine for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry Amy but I use a teaspoon per cup not tablespoon. That's one that's been bounced around a bit.

Why only a teaspoon? I don’t even measure anymore, unless it’s something like a biobomb formulation and it matters. I glop some into the oil I’m preparing with the general thought that more is a good thing. :battingeyelashes:

Well I'll be ... walk away for 3 years and this thread is still alive ... as is SweetSue! Yay!!!

Hi Susan! Hugs! Glad to see you are still alive and kicking on 420 Magazine. I'll have to find time and see what trouble you have been making on these pages, as I remember you are an extremely prolific poster.

Greetings 420 peeps! I know most of you don't remember me, I was only active here for about a year from 2015-2016, but it looks like things are about the same in these parts. I know better than to try and catch up on 3 years of thread posts, so I'll just insert myself here and read backwards if I get confused.

Sue helped me get started making Oils a few years back, thank you dear! I ingest a lot of raw and fresh plant as a part of my diet and health plan, but have learned to enjoy Oils as a component of my consumption too. I think I'm fairly practiced at making Oils now, maybe a 100 or so batches under my belt trying various methods and strains. It's funny how a few years of practice leads toward a half-decent Oil maker.

Nothing intelligent to add to the mix really, 420 day hit yesterday and it tickled my old grey matter and made me think about this website. I had a thought to logon, raise my hand and reintroduce myself in these virtual parts.

Here is my original introduction of myself in case you wonder ... who is this old dude?

HowdyDo

Happy 420 + 1

:Namaste:
JB

WooHoo! JB, you old dog. Welcome back to the fold. :hug::hug::hug:

Ok... I’ll admit it lit those warm fires around my happy heart to hear you’re still busily preparing healing oils and using them to enhance your daily life. :slide:

It’s good to hear from you again. I’ll still be here years from now. I have no plans of walking out the virtual gates. This is my family. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom