Doob and I have been having a casual conversation about extractions, and the lab results Ardent claims to have with the Nova.

It seems improbable that they could have gotten their values without agitation, and yet they claim no agitation is necessary. That got me to thinking.....

Do we have any studies that anyone here has seen that show the differences between an oil infusion with agitation vs one without? Have we been agitating because it makes sense and that’s the way we’ve always done it, and is it possible it’s not necessary to agitate?

I’m just wondering. :laughtwo:

So FECO is what they call alcoholic tincture now is it Sue?

So totally out of the loop lately.

Still loving what you and your amazing group of friends are doing for the community Sue and did way back when I was still this site's original LabRat. Then LabRat420, then Retired member two. lol

A few months back got thru a prostate issue with a clean bill of health after an MRI I waited 5 months for. Whoopee!

A month later the wife gets diagnosed with liver cancer. Early days yet but as she is not pot people she's needing a death sentence before she'll get into any of the pot options I can provide her. Got cans of stuff all over the house and 12 plants in 12/12 now for many cans more.

Getting my official Old Fart Club membership cards in mid-Oct then life will be easier as a man of leisure like Larry of the same suit fame. LOL!

No gold pocket watch but who does analog time these days anyways so WTF. ;)

Great to see you still doing all the good things you do and hope that it's happy in your new digs.

:peace:

Still loving what you and your amazing group of friends are doing for the community Sue and did way back when I was still this site's original LabRat. Then LabRat420, then Retired member two. lol

A few months back got thru a prostate issue with a clean bill of health after an MRI I waited 5 months for. Whoopee!

A month later the wife gets diagnosed with liver cancer. Early days yet but as she is not pot people she's needing a death sentence before she'll get into any of the pot options I can provide her. Got cans of stuff all over the house and 12 plants in 12/12 now for many cans more.

Getting my official Old Fart Club membership cards in mid-Oct then life will be easier as a man of leisure like Larry of the same suit fame. LOL!

Great to see you still doing all the good things you do and hope that it's happy in your new digs.

FECO is not a tincture, it is a method of making Cannabis Oil, formally Rick Simpson Oil, that uses alcohol as the agent to release the trichomes from the plant material.
Once the alcohol is distilled off you are left with a very thick dark oil that contains anywhere from 50 to 75% THC, which is dependent on the strain used to make the FECO. There is still a minor amount of alcohol that remains in the FECO but cooking it down and adding a drop or two of water at that end and boiled off, helps remove most of the alcohol.
This oil is extremely strong, so you need to use it sparingly.

FECO is not a tincture, it is a method of making Cannabis Oil, formally Rick Simpson Oil, that uses alcohol as the agent to release the trichomes from the plant material.
Once the alcohol is distilled off you are left with a very thick dark oil that contains anywhere from 50 to 75% THC, which is dependent on the strain used to make the FECO. There is still a minor amount of alcohol that remains in the FECO but cooking it down and adding a drop or two of water at that end and boiled off, helps remove most of the alcohol.
This oil is extremely strong, so you need to use it sparingly.

OK so FECO is RSO. Why not just say RSO? You're preaching to the choir here.

Rick never specified the solvent to be used to make his oil and preferred naphtha for the best yields. He recommended ISO as it is a lot easier to get and a lot less dangerous to handle. As it's still an alcohol it takes up a lot more unneeded things than a pure hydrocarbon extract will. I distill Coleman's Camp Stove fuel to get a purified petroleum ether/naphtha solvent. Only Coleman's will do.

I was making that stuff back in '78 and we called it pot oil as like RSO it was a full plant extract. Just to get high on tho as there was no such thing as medicinal pot back in the day. lol

My diploma in environmental chemistry makes it easier to do stuff related to distillation and purification.

All I want for Xmas is my HPLC machine and a lab to work it in! :)

This is ancient history to me.

Once you learn about the real roots it will be ancient history to you too.

Good luck.

OK so FECO is RSO. Why not just say RSO? You're preaching to the choir here.

Rick never specified the solvent to be used to make his oil and preferred naphtha for the best yields. He recommended ISO as it is a lot easier to get and a lot less dangerous to handle. As it's still an alcohol it takes up a lot more unneeded things than a pure hydrocarbon extract will. I distill Coleman's Camp Stove fuel to get a purified petroleum ether/naphtha solvent. Only Coleman's will do.

I was making that stuff back in '78 and we called it pot oil as like RSO it was a full plant extract. Just to get high on tho as there was no such thing as medicinal pot back in the day. lol

My diploma in environmental chemistry makes it easier to do stuff related to distillation and purification.

All I want for Xmas is my HPLC machine and a lab to work it in! :)

This is ancient history to me.

Once you learn about the real roots it will be ancient history to you too.

Good luck.

I do not like using the term Rich Simpson Oil or RSO, because of the solvent he uses.

I have begun making Rosin, which contains no solvent and i decarboxylate it using a hot oil bath. According to my readings, since I do not have a way to test it, it should be between 50 and 75% THC.
I made my first batch last week and am going to make some Canna Jolly Ranchers hard candies with it. I now make gummy bears with FECO and it is a much easier way to take my med's.

Calling it "RSO"...
I think it's just honoring the warrior that fought the system and brought it to the public spot light, while healing friends and strangers.
I don't think Rick would care what you called it.
:high-five:

I cook up my pot in coconut oil in a crock pot that's on a variac so I can raise the temps up higher than the crockpot is designed to go.

That way I can get it hot enough to decarb in the oil and not lose terpenes. Around 235F it starts to bubble as the CO2 molecules are driven off and I let it get to around 260F or when the bubbles stop whichever happens first. Then I cool below 212F and add some liquid sunflower lecithin and steep for a few more hours before filtering into mason jars. Spread on cookies or by the spoonful it don't taste bad at all.

Not into gummies. That's a stoner kid type thing to me but I can see the appeal.

Same with dabs. We did that back in the 70s and now it's the 'new' thing! lol

Most of the pot I consume is cocobudder but I like a pipe hit for a quick response.

Making it into oil of unknown strength then dissolving into something to make something else is too much like work to me and really more likely to degrade the medicinal qualities thru over-processing.

To each their own tho.

Don't knock the gummies, they are easy and freakin rock! :cheesygrinsmiley:
It's easy to know what how many gummies to take for an appropriate dose.
Fresh Rosin, there not a better smoke on the planet...:cheesygrinsmiley:
Are you saying you infuse coconut oil and smoke it?
I'm just trying to get a clear picture on what your consuming.

Calling it "RSO"...
I think it's just honoring the warrior that fought the system and brought it to the public spot light, while healing friends and strangers.

When I showed up here at :420: I was wet behind the ears and completely ignorant in the common lingo. Cajun introduced me to the term “Concentrated Cannabis Oil” (CCO), and as an educator by nature it made perfect sense to call it what it actually was. :laughtwo:

I’m passionate and have a loud virtual voice. Lol! The term seemed to be a natural fit.

To answer an earlier question, FECO stands for Full-plant Extraction Cannabis Oil. Six of one, half-dozen of another.

@OldMedUser, any chance we can coax a picture tutorial out of you on your process, or do you already have one I’ve been overlooking? And every time I hear you mention spreading CCO on a cookie I think, “Why haven’t I tried that yet?” :hmmmm:

Hey... I don’t plan to ever wander far from this virtual neighborhood. I’m having way too much fun. :slide:

When I showed up here at :420: I was wet behind the ears and completely ignorant in the common lingo. Cajun introduced me to the term “Concentrated Cannabis Oil” (CCO), and as an educator by nature it made perfect sense to call it what it actually was. :laughtwo:

I’m passionate and have a loud virtual voice. Lol! The term seemed to be a natural fit.

To answer an earlier question, FECO stands for Full-plant Extraction Cannabis Oil. Six of one, half-dozen of another.

@OldMedUser, any chance we can coax a picture tutorial out of you on your process, or do you already have one I’ve been overlooking? And every time I hear you mention spreading CCO on a cookie I think, “Why haven’t I tried that yet?” :hmmmm:

Hey... I don’t plan to ever wander far from this virtual neighborhood. I’m having way too much fun. :slide:

It's not CCO I'm spreading on cookies but cocobudder. Basically cannabudder made with coconut oil but decarbed in the oil with high temps. A 10:1 batch needs about 5ml or 1tsp to kick my ass depending on the strain.

I got a small crock pot at the thrift store for $5 and used my variac to crank up the voltage to about 120% of line voltage. That can get the coconut or any other oil up to 260F+. Can go to 140% but not needed and I might have to blow another $5 for a new crock pot if I did that. :)

Still want to make some fresh harvest infused cannabis oil and save a lot of trimming and curing to get all the terpenes etc.

Up all night nursing a mickey so off to bed ASAP. First drink in almost 3 months and still wondering why.

One more hit of either AK47 or some Critical Mass methinks. :passitleft:

Don't knock the gummies, they are easy and freakin rock! :cheesygrinsmiley:
It's easy to know what how many gummies to take for an appropriate dose.
Fresh Rosin, there not a better smoke on the planet...:cheesygrinsmiley:
Are you saying you infuse coconut oil and smoke it?
I'm just trying to get a clear picture on what your consuming.

Smoking coconut oil is the bomb man! lol

I eat that stuff dude. It's called medicine and I got a doctors recommendation so it is medicine for real. 12g/day medical so if I ever registered with Hellth Canaduh I'd be legal for 59 plants. Screw that hit list bull shit. Only got 37 going now if all 24 cuttings root.

It's easy to know how many mls of cocobudder to take as well and less fussing around that making pretty candies out of my meds.

I was a stoner for my first 40 years of using pot too but the last 12 or so has been strictly for medicinal use. When I want to get messed up I get some demerol from the doc and pick up a bottle of vodka on the way home.

Thanks for the clarification. I’m still gonna try some when I get home. The only infusions I make with coconut oil are for my yummy brownies and my skin cream.

I’ve been lovin’ dynamo’s Critical Jack for two days now. Damn! This stuff is amazing!

:passitleft:

I was a stoner for my first 40 years of using pot too but the last 12 or so has been strictly for medicinal use. When I want to get messed up I get some demerol from the doc and pick up a bottle of vodka on the way home.

I’m still new enough to advanced euphoria that I don’t really develop a tolerance. :laughtwo:

I feel ya on the infused coconut oil. It makes stellar gummies...;) it’s not complicated at all. After you make the oil, it takes all of 5 minutes to make gummies.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
I’m not even talking about getting messed up...
B71FFD50-3A0C-4434-8398-E675B8712D9B.jpeg
3631D70F-EC4E-4714-9833-D5204778E124.jpeg
98ABB58B-782C-4DDF-A33A-596E066B6497.jpeg
5CB576ED-4B34-41FA-B263-6BFDC52C30FF.jpeg

8B9E3C33-F8DF-48D7-A24E-909E45CC5FEF.jpeg
C99C815C-8250-4EC4-A173-920A28B086C3.jpeg

I feel ya on the infused coconut oil. It makes stellar gummies...;) it’s not complicated at all. After you make the oil, it takes all of 5 minutes to make gummies.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
I’m not even talking about getting messed up...
B71FFD50-3A0C-4434-8398-E675B8712D9B.jpeg
3631D70F-EC4E-4714-9833-D5204778E124.jpeg
98ABB58B-782C-4DDF-A33A-596E066B6497.jpeg
5CB576ED-4B34-41FA-B263-6BFDC52C30FF.jpeg

8B9E3C33-F8DF-48D7-A24E-909E45CC5FEF.jpeg
C99C815C-8250-4EC4-A173-920A28B086C3.jpeg
Do u use corn syrup in yer gummies???

Do u use corn syrup in yer gummies???
Nope, it already has sugar in the jello mix.

1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup infused coconut oil
2 packs of jello (your choice)
1 pack of none flavored gelatin.
Shake and keep hot while filling silicone molds.
Freeze for an hour and push out of molds.
Done

Don't like spending time on candy molds, do it in a bowl and take a spoon full.

I believe the oil can spoil, so I freeze my oil and thaw when I need it.

Calling it "RSO"...

No disrespect and I do honor him as a warrior, but if you say Rick Simpson Oil and folks Google it, up pop's the video of him making it with Naphtha which contains carcinogenics.
I have not heard that he is now recommending ISO or Everclear, but I do not follow his website. Good that he is recommending making it with alcohol.

Not into gummies. That's a stoner kid type thing to me but I can see the appeal.

Same with dabs. We did that back in the 70s and now it's the 'new' thing! lol

Love the Stoner Kid type thing, I am about to turn 72 in a week or so, smoked my first joint in 1964.
As @BobbyZ said gummy's are a good way to take your med's. My gummy's contain 44 mg of decarbed FECO/CCO. I was doing my med's with caps, then went to just an oral syringe under the tongue, now with gummy's I can carry my med's along without having to take jars of FECO and oral syringes.
If you have not tried vaping Rosin yet you should, no solvent at all, you taste the flavor of the Rosin which to me is a cleaner taste than combustibles. So much nicer on the lungs, unless you take too big a hit, :)

Is CBD Toxic To The Liver?

Adrian Devitt-Lee’s excellent article calls out biased research and the irresponsible nature of “journalists” that report for sensationalism instead of doing the hard work of checking out the facts.

When magazines like Forbes allow themselves to be so poorly edited themselves.......

Back
Top Bottom