I cook up my pot in coconut oil in a crock pot that's on a variac so I can raise the temps up higher than the crockpot is designed to go.

That way I can get it hot enough to decarb in the oil and not lose terpenes. Around 235F it starts to bubble as the CO2 molecules are driven off and I let it get to around 260F or when the bubbles stop whichever happens first. Then I cool below 212F and add some liquid sunflower lecithin and steep for a few more hours before filtering into mason jars. Spread on cookies or by the spoonful it don't taste bad at all.

Not into gummies. That's a stoner kid type thing to me but I can see the appeal.

Same with dabs. We did that back in the 70s and now it's the 'new' thing! lol

Most of the pot I consume is cocobudder but I like a pipe hit for a quick response.

Making it into oil of unknown strength then dissolving into something to make something else is too much like work to me and really more likely to degrade the medicinal qualities thru over-processing.

To each their own tho.

:peace:

For people medicating that need to travel, gummies are a much easier solution to Coconut oil. I have made a lot of both for different people with different conditions. Transporting a bottle of gummies is much easier then transporting a jar of infused oil. :circle-of-love::peace:

As @BobbyZ said gummy's are a good way to take your med's. My gummy's contain 44 mg of decarbed FECO/CCO. I was doing my med's with caps, then went to just an oral syringe under the tongue, now with gummy's I can carry my med's along without having to take jars of FECO and oral syringes.

When I get back home after this visit I’ll be making a couple batches, for this very reason.

For people medicating that need to travel, gummies are a much easier solution to Coconut oil. I have made a lot of both for different people with different conditions. Transporting a bottle of gummies is much easier then transporting a jar of infused oil. :circle-of-love::peace:

Morning Dave. :hug::hug::hug:

Ont. researchers hope to create pain relievers from potent cannabis 'flavonoids'

Christy Somos, CTVNews.ca Writer

Link to story

Published Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:53PM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:59PM EDT

Researchers at the University of Guelph have unlocked the process of manufacturing two pain-relieving molecules in cannabis that are said to be nearly 30 times more powerful than aspirin.
The study, published in the August 2019 volume of Phytochemistry, had professors Tariq Akhtar and Steven Rothstein use biochemistry and genomics to determine how cannabis makes the molecules called cannflavin A and cannflavin B.

Known as ‘flavonoids,’ cannflavins A and B were first identified in 1985, “when research verified they provided anti-inflammatory benefits that were nearly 30 times more effective…than aspirin” the university said in a press release.

Previously, research into cannabis was highly regulated, but due to the legalization of cannabis and the advancements in genomics research, both professors learned how to biosynthesize the molecules outside of the cannabis plant.

Both cannflavins A and B are believed to be more potent than THC or CBD, and will provide an alternative to opioid painkillers, which have extensive side effects and risks of addictions.

The research team has partnered with Anahit International Corporation out of Toronto to develop “effective and safe anti-inflammatory medicines” from the cannaflavins A and B, although they believe it will be several years before any product based on the molecules is ready to hit the market.

More potent than THC and CBD - I'm assuming as an anti-inflammatory?

It caught my eye, and in the back of my head I heard Cajun, many moons ago, "And they haven't even begun to look at the flavonoids gal." :cheesygrinsmiley:

With advancing legalization comes the chance to take a closer look at those individual synergistic partners found in cannabis. *deep sigh of anticipation* This is gonna get to be so much fun. :slide:

Thank you for all the info here..what is the latest method for oil infusion in a jar in the oven. Don't need measurements just the process. Do u winterize first? Temp and duration?. Thnx again

It’s not necessary to winterize when infusing. We winterize for making concentrated cannabis oil, but that’s a quick-wash extraction with ethanol alcohol, and winterizing keeps us from picking up waxes and chlorophyll.

@Oldbear is my go-to for this method. I’ll let him explain how easy it is for him. If you’re looking for complete decarb you may need to infuse longer than anticipated. I feel that a mixed cannabinoid profile is beneficial to a body, so I’m not as determined as I used to be to get to complete decarb.

And welcome to the room. :hug:

Thanks..you inspired me to help people some yrs ago took a break but now I'm able to help again I'll keep u posted on how that goes

Then I should amend it to “Welcome back.” :hug::hug::hug:

It's time to update the tutorial for Instant Pot infused oil, to reflect refinement. I'm thinking another for BioBomb Brownies is in the wings, made the way I do it now, with the IP. This evening I shared the link for IP oil and realized how much it's changed. The original brownie recipes were lost in the blogs, but we've learned so much about making them that it would be outdated anyway.

I have a couple things I'm working on, but as soon as they're finished this is next up. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks Oldbear! I'll inspect it good before using or giving to someone.

:passitleft:

Let your nose guide you.

:passitleft:

Most of us use it up so fast we don’t have extra to come across as lost batches. :laughtwo:

What Kingston Rabbi discovered with CCO was he got better response from his fresh batches than he did with older, stored syringes of oils. He felt the difference was profound enough that he took to making it fresh, in smaller batches. Keep in mind he was treating cancer.

It should still be effective, but you should expect that after two years there’s gonna be some natural decarb going on, even stored in the fridge. I’d like to hear any reports as to effectiveness, if you remember.

SweetSue - "Please stop in the study hall and share this with the rest of those attentive warriors."

I put together a CCO capsule dosing method that I use when I wash with everclear and then cut with MCT oil and lecithin, linked in my sig below. Just wanted to share, maybe others will find it as useful as I do.

Morning, looking for some feedback on some CCO I just made.

I used 1 qt jar of 90% Indica AVB soaked in ISO, shaken periodically, for three months or so. (This was my first CCO in a year or two so I was a little rusty with the process).

I strained and cooked it down in a double boiler. It’s my understanding that it’s "done" when it stops bubbling. Mine still wouldn’t give up the VERY tiny bubbles that you typically get. I did the raise temp and add drops of water tricks, but the bubbles persisted. The oil was getting so thick that I finally called it quits.

So, any comments on my “bubbles” issue?

BTW - I got approx. 17ml of oil (see pic). And, whatever the issue is with the bubbles it didn’t affect the potency. One little drip from the syringe tip and I’m flying!
682B63B2-51E4-4A8E-BDAD-C558E7B60F6B.jpeg
ip and I’m flying!

Hi everyone, just wanted to follow up on a previous post - 7356.

I decided to get the hash oil tested as I used ISO and didn't want my patients or myself consuming it if it contained any. Well, it did. A lot! The test showed 17,782.00 PPM of ISO. The limit in Michigan is 500.00 PPM.

So, any suggestions on how I can further refine/purge the ISO out of this?

BTW, here are some of the cannabinoid results: THC: 30.176%; CDB: 0.972%; CBN: 1.075%; CBG: 1.07%

Back
Top Bottom