I concur with that

I've never had an oil that didn't hit me
Even my 1st ones I did

I do a 1 to 1 or more

8gr to 8oz oil or 12gr to 8oz or similar

the same as described in this thread, but only evaporated until about maybe 75% of the alcohol is gone (I plan on using Everclear), then dipping the buds in that and then letting them air dry until the alcohol has completely dissipated. Then roll them in either kief or hash powder.

If I understand your description and you want to roll a bud in oil and then smoke it, you need to purge out the solvent first and THEN dip it. If you dip a bud in before that the solvent will absorb into the bud and never evaporate out.

Thanks all. I had no problem when I did it in a pan for shorter time. This batch was trim heavy with loads of loose bud. There were a lot of trichomes in the oil and it was more than 1 to 1. I give up lol. If I ever get serious I will get a machine :)

I use ISO as it’s cheap and readily available to clean my growing tools, wash out my jars, etc. I have made QWISO in the past with Everclear. It’s not available in MI either. I’ve ordered it online but it’s very expensive as you probably know. Too expensive to wash tools with!

I know some who have used 150 proof run or vodka, which is available down the street. For a tincture or a long soak like I did it should work, albeit not as good as 200 proof. Given that it’s readily available and relative cheap I’ll probably go in that direction for cleaning and future long soaks like I did this time, if I get a little edible alcohol in my CCO, who cares.

ISO is really bad taken internal so I wouldn’t recommend it. Having said that, I suppose with the proper equipment one could completely remove all traces of iso, but cost is always an issue.

Thanks for having it tested Mike. :hug: Test results get my blood pumping faster. Lol!

That vacuum system is the way to go for complete purging, but ISO isn’t the way to go for medicine anyway, as you so shockingly discovered.

Damn! Every time I see beautiful syringes full of oil it makes me want to throw my Everclear into the freezer. I’m not at that stage of my life yet. Lol!

Just looked up 99% iso and could find nothing on consuming it.
I am going to stick with 190 proof,

How lucky are you to have access to 190 proof. In state after state legalization of cannabis meant restricted access to solvents. That’s why so many of us now infuse.

In America the government likes to watch over us like children, and somewhere along the way that meant that our ISO had additives included to deter the consumption as an intoxicant.

I’d love to have easy access to a high-grade solvent. Maybe someday that access will reappear. In the meantime, I had a conversation with a lad I. Arizona with access to testing who assured me the difference in extraction efficiency between 151 and 190 proof isn’t enough to get too excited about.

If 150 is what you’re stuck with using it’ll get you close enough to find relief. And relief is what we’re all about.

Hi @SweetSue A few months ago you gave me some advice for making infused coconut oil. It may have been on a different thread. I used to make my oil in a pan on the stove, and then I started trying to make it overnight in the oven. I have zero success with this method. The oil looks beautiful and dark and my most recent batch I added lecithin because I read that the lecithin increases the potency of dose by helping the body to absorb it. It looks and tastes good but I am feeling no effect whatsoever. I decarbed for an hour and a half in the oven at 115 C, then infused the oil for 12 hours at 70 C. I remember you suggested something with the heat but I can't find the reference and I didn't put it into practice immediately. Now my question is this... if I reheat the oil, can it be fixed, or should I scrap it and use it as regular cooking oil? I used trim with a lot of loose bud, so there was good raw material for this batch.

I’d have to agree with the crowd that this may be a matter of concentration. I’d finish the decarb in a hot oil bath to make certain decarb is going to completion.

I checked the decarb on the oven method with a hot oil bath one lazy afternoon and found another method. I was shocked at how much still remained to be decarbed.

These days I don’t worry so much when an oil isn’t as psychoactive as I’d expected. I use it for other medicinal purposes and thank the universe for a diversified medicine. Having said that my intent is usually to get righteously high, so a full decarb is preferred. :laughtwo:

You don’t mention what chemovar (strain) you used. Now I’m interested. Lol!

Chris Scorpio makes his oils on the stovetop, with great effect. I’ve learned that everyone has a method that works best for them. Stove top may be yours.

For 8 ounces of oil with 15% THC flowers, 20 grams will get you somewhere around 10mg THC/ml of oil at 80% efficiency.

A 10 mg dose tickles my brain like a tease. :laughtwo: Is have to take that oil by the tablespoonful to get a buzz, if a buzz were my goal.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how we tend to think of the dose as what we can tolerate instead of what the body may feel is more appropriate.

Thanks all. I had no problem when I did it in a pan for shorter time. This batch was trim heavy with loads of loose bud. There were a lot of trichomes in the oil and it was more than 1 to 1. I give up lol. If I ever get serious I will get a machine :)

Heavy trim usually has a much smaller concentration than you think there is. I typically double the trim volume when infusing.

Stick with what works for you. In many ways your method is easiest, if the hot oil can be safely controlled. You get to see the results of the decarb right there before your eyes.

One of the reasons I stick with the pressure cooker is the elimination of the delicious smell of cooking canna oils. :cheesygrinsmiley: I envy those of you that aren’t restricted by the presence of nosy neighbors in a state inhospitable to cannabis.

Sorry I’ve been so absent here guys, and it’s so wonderful to see the activity. I think my life is beginning to settle. Lol! I’m coming up on 5 months in my new home, and I’ve settled into the community nicely.

Lots of distraction when you uproot and move across a continent. Thanks for holding down the fort in my absence. :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you @SweetSue I guess it must be that there was not enough in the trim. It was part skunk and part silver haze. I thought that could make a nice combo. I made banana muffins with the oil. I will treat it as a multi-vitamin this time and aim for the high next time.

Thank you @SweetSue I guess it must be that there was not enough in the trim. It was part skunk and part silver haze. I thought that could make a nice combo. I made banana muffins with the oil. I will treat it as a multi-vitamin this time and aim for the high next time.

Exactly how I’m coming to think of cannabis.

I’ve also been considering why I can get away with being so high for so many years and still be productive in all aspects of my life if it’s true that an overdose of THC will make the receptors pull back from the surface, thus increasing tolerance levels.

The story is supposed to go, “Get high all the time and it takes more to get you high. Eventually you get frustrated and can’t get high anymore.”

The danger of assuming everyone reacts the same to cannabis doses, eh? :battingeyelashes:

I use more cannabis product than the average citizen, but that’s because
1) I have abundant access, not the norm for our societies.
2) I have no fear of euphoria. I’ve been trying for years to find the point where I’m so high that I can’t function. :laughtwo: I reach a certain level, some distraction sparks curiosity, and I’m off and falling down another rabbit hole. :rofl:

But now I’m wondering if it’s really true that the receptors are that difficult to keep available. That company line doesn’t appear to hold true for me. I get higher than most. It’s not that I have to use more product to get high, it’s that I prefer life in the stratosphere, and it takes more bud to get up there. I’m wondering if we really know enough to say that’s what’s going on.

Crap! Now I’m gonna have to go looking closer to see how much science really knows about receptors.

And there’s that re-accruing thought about getting a degree in cellular biology. :rofl:

I’m feeling for my rhythm guys, and still settling into this new community. I used to have a time to be with the :420: community - all day and all night long. :laughtwo: Things have changed dramatically and I haven’t found that happy rhythm yet.

The study and writing are calling louder every day. I’ve been dedicating each month to a different focus since I got the apartment, and next month is slated to be study and writing. Should be fun around here if this month is any indication. I made this one “The Month Of Susan” and it’s dedicated to taking note of all the little things I do that increase joy in my life.

Like being in this room full of curious minds. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I had this thought:

The pharmaceutical industry was established before we even knew we had an ECS that modulated all those symptoms our cells were showing. They developed drugs that jumped right past the modulating power of a healthy ECS.

I believe this is why we have the side effects we get with Pharma drugs. They ignore the job of the primary system, which is to keep the chemical cascades and molecular changes from getting cells too excited or too slow. The cell wants to maintain a homeostatic vibration, it’s tone. It’s the signaling of the ECS that keeps those vibrations under control.

I think we’re going to see a different future with Pharma drugs. I’m anticipating a shift to drugs that compliment the ECS and work in concert with the healing force every one of us was born with.

I can get more excited about that vision than I can of one that continues business as usual. And I think Israel is way ahead of the curve. This should be fun to be a part of.

It doesn’t take cannabis to strengthen a weakened ECS. It’s great to have such a rich source of reserve troops, but we’ll be much further ahead when we start teaching our children from birth the value of living a joyful life, and fill their lives with practical ways to increase joy.

Yeah..... the Month Of Susan is starting to make an impact. :laughtwo:

Exactly how I’m coming to think of cannabis.

I’ve also been considering why I can get away with being so high for so many years and still be productive in all aspects of my life if it’s true that an overdose of THC will make the receptors pull back from the surface, thus increasing tolerance levels.

The story is supposed to go, “Get high all the time and it takes more to get you high. Eventually you get frustrated and can’t get high anymore.”

The danger of assuming everyone reacts the same to cannabis doses, eh? :battingeyelashes:

I use more cannabis product than the average citizen, but that’s because
1) I have abundant access, not the norm for our societies.
2) I have no fear of euphoria. I’ve been trying for years to find the point where I’m so high that I can’t function. :laughtwo: I reach a certain level, some distraction sparks curiosity, and I’m off and falling down another rabbit hole. :rofl:

But now I’m wondering if it’s really true that the receptors are that difficult to keep available. That company line doesn’t appear to hold true for me. I get higher than most. It’s not that I have to use more product to get high, it’s that I prefer life in the stratosphere, and it takes more bud to get up there. I’m wondering if we really know enough to say that’s what’s going on.

Crap! Now I’m gonna have to go looking closer to see how much science really knows about receptors.

And there’s that re-accruing thought about getting a degree in cellular biology. :rofl:

I’m feeling for my rhythm guys, and still settling into this new community. I used to have a time to be with the :420: community - all day and all night long. :laughtwo: Things have changed dramatically and I haven’t found that happy rhythm yet.

The study and writing are calling louder every day. I’ve been dedicating each month to a different focus since I got the apartment, and next month is slated to be study and writing. Should be fun around here if this month is any indication. I made this one “The Month Of Susan” and it’s dedicated to taking note of all the little things I do that increase joy in my life.

Like being in this room full of curious minds. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:
It's interesting hearing you talking about getting high. I need to be high all the time but I am strain sensitive so it really matters what goes into my body. I don't need a lot to get high but I have an optimal point that I prefer not to exceed, so that I can retain a good level of productivity. I need the focus, pain relief and gentle euphoria during the day, and drowsiness at night. I think that science of this is hugely important and it's exciting to be watching the pioneering unfold. I think there is alchemy in how we choose to feed and medicate ourselves. It is pretty hit and miss to start off with but we refine it over the years, as we learn to listen to our bodies and respond to their prompts. I think intuition often senses science more deeply than status quo has evidence for, so it is likely in my mind that there is an effect on the receptors, and so it is important to monitor them. Each person is unique and this is where the alchemy comes in. I can liken it to a psychiatrist prescribing to medicate mental health conditions. They don't really know how the complex neurochemical system works and they prescribe by guess work at best. It interests me how pharmaceutical drugs are prescribed so willy nilly when there is so little real science to support the use of so many of them.

HU-580 is a stable synthetic molecule of cannabidiolic acid methyl eater developed by Dr. Mechoulam and his collaborative partners.

Mechoulam’s plea that we not ignore HU-580 the way we did CBD.

The plan is to license the molecule to pharma companies for the development of medicines that work in concert with the ECS.

Sound familiar? :laughtwo:

It's interesting hearing you talking about getting high. I need to be high all the time but I am strain sensitive so it really matters what goes into my body. I don't need a lot to get high but I have an optimal point that I prefer not to exceed, so that I can retain a good level of productivity. I need the focus, pain relief and gentle euphoria during the day, and drowsiness at night. I think that science of this is hugely important and it's exciting to be watching the pioneering unfold. I think there is alchemy in how we choose to feed and medicate ourselves. It is pretty hit and miss to start off with but we refine it over the years, as we learn to listen to our bodies and respond to their prompts. I think intuition often senses science more deeply than status quo has evidence for, so it is likely in my mind that there is an effect on the receptors, and so it is important to monitor them. Each person is unique and this is where the alchemy comes in. I can liken it to a psychiatrist prescribing to medicate mental health conditions. They don't really know how the complex neurochemical system works and they prescribe by guess work at best. It interests me how pharmaceutical drugs are prescribed so willy nilly when there is so little real science to support the use of so many of them.
I have not seen any studies about tolorance build up, only read statements that sounded authoritative. I do know that when I do edibles3 or 4 days in a row it takes me about 25% more each time to get me to the same place. So, for me, there is something to it. I cut back because of the cost to get there on day 3 or 4 is just crazy. Speaking for those of us that do not have a tent full to feed from. lol. Furthermore, after say 4 days of large doses, I get more undesirable qualities than good ones. But edibles are king for me. A high dose for me is more of a shroom high than weed. Love it but the tolerance thing keeps me in check ...a bit.

I have not seen any studies about tolorance build up, only read statements that sounded authoritative. I do know that when I do edibles3 or 4 days in a row it takes me about 25% more each time to get me to the same place. So, for me, there is something to it. I cut back because of the cost to get there on day 3 or 4 is just crazy. Speaking for those of us that do not have a tent full to feed from. lol. Furthermore, after say 4 days of large doses, I get more undesirable qualities than good ones. But edibles are king for me. A high dose for me is more of a shroom high than weed. Love it but the tolerance thing keeps me in check ...a bit.

I’ve developed a habit of continuous dosing, with occasional peaks for fun. :laughtwo: I start the day with ~ 0.2 GT of chewed cob, move on to a brownie and a few hits to kick in before the edible, and have another brownie for dinner with bong hits throughout the evening.

If I consume without any limitations that tolerance thing does come into play, but that constant baseline I keep maintaining might be doing something we don’t yet understand.

When we went to Jamaica in 2017 I had my first real taste of what overindulgence is all about. Lol! After a while it got boring. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom