well, there was honestly a batch, now, warmly referred to as, "baby, i didn't even feel the fart part coming", but i was fighting a deeply personal battle with chlorophyll and withdrawal, at the time- so we tend to keep it to ourselves.

ms sue- u already did, today, too. it's now, next on the list.

Do they make a unit with controllable heat?
sorry. just want to b connected to your good, question, for her reply.

mornin, all!
anyone do their trim, separately, to oil? worth the bother? the good stuff, or fans n all?
actually, forgot about some hangers, dryin... oops! minimal, early, cull, 4 space. no biggie... but i bothered to trim. lemme c if i have a pic. maybe someone could use a good laugh.

my bad. but they're like 18", flawless, spreaders... with maybe a nickel, between em. yeah... i trimmed em. sigh.

Attachments

• 20191026_092330.jpg
    20191026_092330.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 117
I added lecithin to jar 1, let sit overnight, and retested both jars this am.

1 g infused oil was high shear mixed with 9 g mct coconut oil. Weighed on .001 sensitive scale.

Samples were run through a t check that has been run against 3rd party tested samples.

I was a but surprised to get nearly exactly the same results.

Jar 1 lecithin added post infusion
Test 1 120 mg per ml
Test 2 119 mg per ml

Jar 2 lecithin added pre infusion
Test 1 99.2 mg per ml
Test 2 99.0 mg per ml

There you have it. I will be adding my lecithin post infusion. Next i will make 2 batches of salve for comparison with these infusions.

Thanks CannaSavvy for the info.
I have always added it during making the butter.
I will do it your way next time.

savvy- mind if i ask questions?
that's oil in the pic? u usin powder, or... "liquid"?
if that's oil, at what point r u addin the lec, or coconut? i use the mbe2... oils, eat at my caps. i know the y- as to your usin it, but what capsules, if any, u usin? ingredients wise.

regardless, u might know when iiii should b addin either, to infuse with distilling oil?

thank u for your time!

i just took a b12... checking to c if i feel it. if so, i like some oils, for daytime, that cause too much lethargy... and I'm thinkin, whether infused, or just crushed n added to other capsule half- may save me a strain hunt... tried it? outcome?
ty, again,
-s

please pick up! please b home! please, pick up!!!
miss S! i need a rescue! I'm already in iso, first time, needing to do a live plant run. I'm already at temp (dry ice).
nove stainless, post mbe2, or do something, now?

so I set them out in the sun for not long at all, maybe 15 minutes and the chlorophyll is gone.
I wonder if the sun just removes the color from the chlorophyll without actually removing it (or the taste), the way bleach takes the color away from dirt without actually cleaning it off. My wife likes to bleach her tea mugs, which just makes the tea oil invisible without removing it. You still need a scrubby sponge for that.

When you cook this down, I wonder if you kept the previously green batch separate you would be able to taste the difference between that batch and the never-green batch.
u usin powder, or... "liquid"?
Liquid lecithin, not powder. Cannasavvy hasn't been here lately so I thought I would jump in!

don't waste your time, on this one, miss sue. it's recreational question; not "productive" questions...

fellas, for the regular, already permeated user for pain, mostly... on new batch days... when u actually feel, the nuances... how long, without using that batch, til u can "feel it"/a buzz, again? i messed up... i was labeling storage baggies that rubbed off. some, r best for night/day/head/body... and the only way i can really tell the difference, is to not take em... long enough... to have that, "buzz", day. but so far, all i get is, "urgh"... that's not enough for pain... or when my gal busts me for crawling on the ceiling, at 2a.m... i figure that was a daytime batch... and then, when it's house cleaning... DEEP CLEANING... day: "oops... sorry, honey... I'm, 'J E LLLL O".

don't waste your time, on this one, miss sue. it's recreational question; not "productive" questions...

fellas, for the regular, already permeated user for pain, mostly... on new batch days... when u actually feel, the nuances... how long, without using that batch, til u can "feel it"/a buzz, again? i messed up... i was labeling storage baggies that rubbed off. some, r best for night/day/head/body... and the only way i can really tell the difference, is to not take em... long enough... to have that, "buzz", day. but so far, all i get is, "urgh"... that's not enough for pain... or when my gal busts me for crawling on the ceiling, at 2a.m... i figure that was a daytime batch... and then, when it's house cleaning... DEEP CLEANING... day: "oops... sorry, honey... I'm, 'J E LLLL O".

I’ll answer anyway SPARECHANGE. :laughtwo:

It takes approximately 32 hours to reset the endocannabinoid receptors. Then you’ll feel the buzz like new again and can cut consumption to nearly half what your previous dose was. :hug:

I ended up getting this unit. Going to give it a try later this week.

@SPARECHANGE, you caught me at a particularly busy time of my life, and although it shows no sign of slowing down - thank goodness :laughtwo: - I’m learning to manage my time a little better.

Ok.... we all expect I’ll get there some day. :laughtwo:

Let me see what I wanted to tend to here.....

Not to my knowledge. In my memory banks is a jingling that a member modified his to make it controllable. That sounds like an adventure that would’ve appealed to Cajun, so it was likely him. Lol!

mornin, all!
anyone do their trim, separately, to oil? worth the bother? the good stuff, or fans n all?
actually, forgot about some hangers, dryin... oops! minimal, early, cull, 4 space. no biggie... but i bothered to trim. lemme c if i have a pic. maybe someone could use a good laugh.

I once grew a Devil’s Carnival that had the most fragrant and colorful leaves at harvest I added them to oils. When I want to add something exotic to the oil I’ll include leaves that meet that criteria, but the flowers hold the greatest concentration of essential oils. When you’re extracting you want maximum potential.... more trichimes filled with more essential oil. Leaves don’t meet that need.

Leaves and popcorn trim make great topical oils, if a light touch is what you’re seeking. Shed makes his pain topicals at 15% THC content. That’d be difficult to achieve with leaves.

Solvents are expensive. I personally save mine for flowers.

Thanks CannaSavvy for the info.
I have always added it during making the butter.
I will do it your way next time.

Wasn’t it sweet of her to take the time and clear that up for us? She single-handedly convinced many of us to use liquid sunflower lecithin in every batch.

savvy- mind if i ask questions?
that's oil in the pic? u usin powder, or... "liquid"?
if that's oil, at what point r u addin the lec, or coconut? i use the mbe2... oils, eat at my caps. i know the y- as to your usin it, but what capsules, if any, u usin? ingredients wise.

regardless, u might know when iiii should b addin either, to infuse with distilling oil?

thank u for your time!

As Shed pointed out, we have a strong preference for liquid sunflower lecithin. I add mine at the beginning. That way I can’t forget. :laughtwo: The real trick appears to be letting it sit for a spell in the fridge before using it. That’s what we're playing with at the moment. More on that below. :battingeyelashes:

SPARECHANGE said:
i just took a b12... checking to c if i feel it. if so, i like some oils, for daytime, that cause too much lethargy... and I'm thinkin, whether infused, or just crushed n added to other capsule half- may save me a strain hunt... tried it? outcome?
ty, again,
-s

Try spacing your doses out, taking smaller doses but more frequently. That’ll help if your doses are too heavy in THC. The lethargy may simply be the choice of cannabis product. India terpenes will knock me down at any point of the day, so I personally save them for later hours. I’m always reaching for a sativa for daytime.

Have you increased your CBD intake as you work through tapering SPARECHANGE? One of the things we’ve learned on the tapering thread is to have a greater respect for partnership with CBD.

please pick up! please b home! please, pick up!!!
miss S! i need a rescue! I'm already in iso, first time, needing to do a live plant run. I'm already at temp (dry ice).
nove stainless, post mbe2, or do something, now?

I’m so sorry I missed this SPARECHANGE. Balancing my new life with my virtual,one has proven to be a greater challenge than I’d anticipated. How’d it go?

Still sorting out decarb...... :laughtwo:

Derby bud has us looking once again at how we process our oils. He’s created a batch of oil that reached rocket fuel status, simply by mistakenly running an additional cycle and letting it sit unstrained and unattended for three weeks when life got busy.

This has happened before in the membership, and this time I decided not to ignore it and continue to work like it was business as usual. There’s nothing “usual” about what’s going on here.

I’ve started playing with batches of brownie oil that I’ll let sit for weeks before using. This is just play at this point, since I’m traveling soon and won’t be able to do more controlled experiments until mid@0-December. In preparation for this I decided to test oil that’d gone through one cycle of the Instant Pot for decarb efficiency. I now have an induction cooktop I can control heat with, so I tossed the batch I’d just made into the pan and turned it on.

What I saw surprised me. It immediately began bubbling, and continued to do so for 8 minutes.

That batch is back in the fridge for another night. I’ll send it through a few chill/thaw cycles and let it sit for a week or two before using.

The rocket fuel batch is back into the Instant Pot for another cycle, after which I’ll check decarb efficiency.

Aren’t we having the best fun? :laughtwo:

All my oils tend to sit in the fridge for months
I used to never strain it.....maybe it was better that way
Now I strain it

Maybe next oil run I'll try the decarb again after the two IP runs, see if any bubblies occur or not

All my oils tend to sit in the fridge for months
I used to never strain it.....maybe it was better that way
Now I strain it

Maybe next oil run I'll try the decarb again after the two IP runs, see if any bubblies occur or not

I think the bubbling I was seeing was lecithin bubbling off, which suggests to me that if we’re doing longer cooking times we might want to add lecithin last? :hmmmm:

I like the idea of letting it all sit together Chris. My brownie oils are made like that anyway, and I believe I’ll make it a practice with rocket fuel oils.

Sleeping in my Grow Room... :)

20191111_104238.jpg

:rofl: You know you’re a grower when.... :rofl:

I have some great news.....

I’ve signed a contract to produce blogs for THC, a dispensary in San Diego, California. Yesterday they published my first piece. If you’d like to read it .....

SweetSue’s Practical Guide To Safe and Easy Cannabis Infusions

Yes, there’s a Part 2 waiting to follow, and another ready to go on Biobomb Brownies. The initial contract is 12 blogs over 6 months, so I’m working on the rest. When we’ve become successful and they accept that I can produce quality content on time we’ll negotiate a longer commitment.

This job was made possible in large part because this membership has joined me in experiment after experiment as we sought ways to make cannabis more approachable to the general public and ways to make our harvests into more than something to keep us in a state of creative bliss.

Oh... that creative bliss stuff may be mostly me, eh? :laughtwo: You’ve all been in there, celebrating the joy of cannabis along with me. :hug::hug::hug: The universe opened a door to extend that knowledge to a greater audience. Thank you all for the dedication and love that got us here.

This is only the beginning. We haven’t even scratched the surface. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom