I think the bubbling I was seeing was lecithin bubbling off, which suggests to me that if we’re doing longer cooking times we might want to add lecithin last? :hmmmm:

I like the idea of letting it all sit together Chris. My brownie oils are made like that anyway, and I believe I’ll make it a practice with rocket fuel oils.

:rofl: You know you’re a grower when.... :rofl:

I have some great news.....

I’ve signed a contract to produce blogs for THC, a dispensary in San Diego, California. Yesterday they published my first piece. If you’d like to read it .....

SweetSue’s Practical Guide To Cannabis Infusions, Part 1

Yes, there’s a Part 2 waiting to follow, and another ready to go on Biobomb Brownies. The initial contract is 12 blogs over 6 months, so I’m working on the rest. When we’ve become successful and they accept that I can produce quality content on time we’ll negotiate a longer commitment.

This job was made possible in large part because this membership has joined me in experiment after experiment as we sought ways to make cannabis more approachable to the general public and ways to make our harvests into more than something to keep us in a state of creative bliss.

Oh... that creative bliss stuff may be mostly me, eh? :laughtwo: You’ve all been in there, celebrating the joy of cannabis along with me. :hug::hug::hug: The universe opened a door to extend that knowledge to a greater audience. Thank you all for the dedication and love that got us here.

This is only the beginning. We haven’t even scratched the surface. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:
Thank you. I found the blog the perfect length and just the right info. Congrats.

Thank you. I found the blog the perfect length and just the right info. Congrats.

Why thank you Carmen. :hug: I’ve trained with the best. :kisstwo:

I think the bubbling I was seeing was lecithin bubbling off, which suggests to me that if we’re doing longer cooking times we might want to add lecithin last? :hmmmm:

I like the idea of letting it all sit together Chris. My brownie oils are made like that anyway, and I believe I’ll make it a practice with rocket fuel oils.

:rofl: You know you’re a grower when.... :rofl:

I have some great news.....

I’ve signed a contract to produce blogs for THC, a dispensary in San Diego, California. Yesterday they published my first piece. If you’d like to read it .....

SweetSue’s Practical Guide To Safe and Easy Cannabis Infusions

Yes, there’s a Part 2 waiting to follow, and another ready to go on Biobomb Brownies. The initial contract is 12 blogs over 6 months, so I’m working on the rest. When we’ve become successful and they accept that I can produce quality content on time we’ll negotiate a longer commitment.

This job was made possible in large part because this membership has joined me in experiment after experiment as we sought ways to make cannabis more approachable to the general public and ways to make our harvests into more than something to keep us in a state of creative bliss.

Oh... that creative bliss stuff may be mostly me, eh? :laughtwo: You’ve all been in there, celebrating the joy of cannabis along with me. :hug::hug::hug: The universe opened a door to extend that knowledge to a greater audience. Thank you all for the dedication and love that got us here.

This is only the beginning. We haven’t even scratched the surface. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:
SweetSue, we are really happy for you. Thanks for the link to your article. :)

@SmokeSara in a Humidity Dome... Lol
She's the CBD Critical Mass clone on the left...

My make shift Humidity Dome on the 5 Gallon Bucket for my Mother plant clone.

Attachments

• 20191110_132854.jpg
    20191110_132854.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 30
  • 20191110_132844.jpg
    20191110_132844.jpg
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20191110_133029.jpg
    20191110_133029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 20191110_132932.jpg
    20191110_132932.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 34
@SmokeSara in a Humidity Dome... Lol
She's the CBD Critical Mass clone on the left...

My make shift Humidity Dome on the 5 Gallon Bucket for my Mother plant clone.

That is beautiful! I’d never considered the deep saucers could be used as humidity domes. :high-five:

Filed away for my next grow.

*sigh* That moment when I remind my aching heart that all things happen in their right time. All is well. There’s nothing wrong with the fact that my current turn in the path took me away from growing just as I was hitting my stride and it’d become part of my DNA.

Not what I stopped for. :laughtwo:

I know I’ve stated this somewhere, but it wanted to be here for some reason:

I have a theory that the reason we have such crazy side effects with pharma drugs is that they stepped right past the ECS without knowing it.

To be fair, no one knew about the ECS until those intrepid Israelis went looking, guided by inspiration.

As we gain more understanding of the ECS it stands to reason the develop of future drugs will work synergistically with our modulating systems. When I even allow myself to grab a glimpse of what may be ahead I tingle head to toe. Lol!

It’s gonna be a fun ride from here on out. :slide:

That is beautiful! I’d never considered the deep saucers could be used as humidity domes. :high-five:

Filed away for my next grow.

*sigh* That moment when I remind my aching heart that all things happen in their right time. All is well. There’s nothing wrong with the fact that my current turn in the path took me away from growing just as I was hitting my stride and it’d become part of my DNA.

Not what I stopped for. :laughtwo:

I know I’ve stated this somewhere, but it wanted to be here for some reason:

I have a theory that the reason we have such crazy side effects with pharma drugs is that they stepped right past the ECS without knowing it.

To be fair, no one knew about the ECS until those intrepid Israelis went looking, guided by inspiration.

As we gain more understanding of the ECS it stands to reason the develop of future drugs will work synergistically with our modulating systems. When I even allow myself to grab a glimpse of what may be ahead I tingle head to toe. Lol!

It’s gonna be a fun ride from here on out. :slide:
SweetSue, remember everything happens for a reason. You're doing great. Keep it up... :)

Hello, I've been reading for a couple of months now but sometimes I think it's needle in a haystack time.
Hopefully someone direct me to where I need to be.

I've done 2 fresh cannabis extractions with olive oil. 1 with a stirrer hotplate and 1 with an instant pot.
I did 2 cycles of high pressure for 2 hours in the IP ( letting both cool naturally) and had to decarboxylate on the stirrer hotplate after this.

Is there anyway to decaboxylate without losing terpenes and flavonoids ?
Terpenes and flavonoids is the reason I'm doing a fresh extraction.

Has anyone done an oil extraction with an ultrasonic ?

I'm wondering if an immersion blend of oil water and fresh with 30 mins in an ultrasonic and then the IP would be viable?

Many thanks.

I'm not sure yet loosing terps and such

I think with fresh harvest oil,all thebe water is slowing the decarb

Not sure if you've seen this thread

Yeah, I've been through it a couple of times and trying to figure out the best way of doing this.
I like the idea of doing a fresh oil extraction because it cuts out a lot of steps (drying and curing), time and the terps are at their highest.
The challenge is getting the infused oil strong enough to be useful.
I did the Psycro ratio with the first one and Sue's stronger ratio with the second.

If you do a fresh pot in pot extraction in the pressure cooker, does the steam from the fresh come out the inner pot and stay in the outer pot ?

Yeah, I've been through it a couple of times and trying to figure out the best way of doing this.
I like the idea of doing a fresh oil extraction because it cuts out a lot of steps (drying and curing), time and the terps are at their highest.
The challenge is getting the infused oil strong enough to be useful.
I did the Psycro ratio with the first one and Sue's stronger ratio with the second.

Precisely why we started playing with FHO. Those terpenes are critical, IMHO, and deserve the effort to preserve their integrity. Kingston Rabbi was impatient the last time he checked in that he could feel an appreciable difference in medicinal effect with FHO over CCO, and we attributed that to the terpenes.

Desormais said:
If you do a fresh pot in pot extraction in the pressure cooker, does the steam from the fresh come out the inner pot and stay in the outer pot ?

I’m sure it does. There’s no steam release with a natural venting, so all that would stay contained, intermingled.

Not even FHO preserves all of the terpenes, but it will preserve significantly more than other methods.

PCaddict posted this in my thread and I thought I'd put it to the group here:
The caps I made give me a head ache when it starts wearing off, The buzz is good for a few hours not too strong but when they start wearing off I get a head ache, My buddy tried some and he said he got one too so I gave him and his mom some to try again to see if the same thing starts to happen again just to be sure and when I get rid of the head ache I have had for a few days I will try them again. Has anyone else had that problem ?
I know some folks can get a canna-hangover, but everyone who tries this? Looking for feedback...

Interesting....
I need to think about how to make a press like that, with a couple of these which fit pretty snugly together.

Ooo.... I like the looks of that. Let us know how it goes please. :battingeyelashes:

PCaddict posted this in my thread and I thought I'd put it to the group here:

I know some folks can get a canna-hangover, but everyone who tries this? Looking for feedback...

I wonder how this oil was processed. If everyone has a headache it suggests there’s something other than the oil having an effect.

Having said that, let’s take a look at what the chemovar was too. There are some that give a sense of construction around the head and a few that can be so energetic that I could see them causing tension through the neck and shoulders.

I’ve never heard of everyone reacting with headache.

I’m working on repeating the rocket fuel effect @Derbybud got with some over-processed and neglected oil. My first batch was compromised by some thoughtlessness in my part that resulted in burning the carrier oil.

I now know that burning the carrier oil diminishes THC euphoric effect but doesn’t necessarily ruin it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m back home now and starting again.

2 batches, 8 grams of Carnival buds in 4 oz of coconut oil.
- Processed through two cycles in the Instant Pot, 110 minutes each, with a cool cycle between.
- Batches will be put through warm/cool cycles once a day for two days and then left in the fridge for 3 and 4 weeks respectively.

I have brownies done my regular way, once through the IP and then made into brownies immediately.

Let the experiment continue.

Sue, last week I made a batch of oil, and while purging it prior to decarb I tripped over the cord and spilt what I figure was 50 to 60 grams of FECO/CCO.
Shit happens, then you die!

Back
Top Bottom