Got the gummies done, 250 total plus cleanup, used Dave Groomers recipe except I doubled the amount of Rosin, 20 grams of Cheese Rosin. Not sure what the potency of the Rosin is. But there is about 80 mg Decarb Rosin/gummy.

20191223_165212 (2).jpg

So tonight I am going to test it, have the cleanup leftovers that I will eat by the chunk and see it effects me.

Got the gummies done, 250 total plus cleanup, used Dave Groomers recipe except I doubled the amount of Rosin, 20 grams of Cheese Rosin. Not sure what the potency of the Rosin is. But there is about 80 mg Decarb Rosin/gummy.

So tonight I am going to test it, have the cleanup leftovers that I will eat by the chunk and see it effects me.

Well done. :high-five: Looking forward to the report.

If you have an idea of the THC expectancy it’s a simple matter to calculate the mg/ml. Figuring 150 mg/gram would get you around 3000 mg spread through your mix. With the waste bits taken out of the equation you’re probably in the neighborhood of 10-15 mg per gummy.

What you’re more interested in is what effect a chosen dose has.

What I'm curious about (not that I understand the math above when I'm high as I am right now :cheesygrinsmiley: ) is how many mgs or grams or some other measurement of THC does @SweetSue:love: have a day since she is high all the FRIGGIN' TIME!!! :rofl:

Well done. :high-five: Looking forward to the report.

If you have an idea of the THC expectancy it’s a simple matter to calculate the mg/ml. Figuring 150 mg/gram would get you around 3000 mg spread through your mix. With the waste bits taken out of the equation you’re probably in the neighborhood of 10-15 mg per gummy.

What you’re more interested in is what effect a chosen dose has.

They work, I am not a good person to test potency, I stay to high starting with my wake & bake first thing in the mornings.
My GF will be here later and she is my test dummy, LOL, don't tell her I said that.

I’m entering a new realm of dosing.

I have a couple neighbors...... one with fibromyalgia and cancer, the other with debilitating sciatica pain. We’ve been discussing unorthodox modalities and administration methods. They’re both tired enough of the pain and the limits that brings to their lives to give suppositories a try.

Neither is familiar at all with cannabis, and I’m thinking that an anal route might give us more freedom to use a starting dose of about 15-20 mg THC. I’m not certain CBD would be useful by this route. @Amy Gardner, what might your thoughts be on this? My feeling is CBD would be more useful systemically through the gut.

Not sure I can back that feeling up, but it sure is a strong inclination.

I’ve ordered the suppository forms. When they get in we’ll start. I’ll have oil all ready to go. My next step is determining a starting dose. Suppositories work by different rules, rules I’m not quite up to speed with.

I have some time to learn. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I’m entering a new realm of dosing.

I have a couple neighbors...... one with fibromyalgia and cancer, the other with debilitating sciatica pain. We’ve been discussing unorthodox modalities and administration methods. They’re both tired enough of the pain and the limits that brings to their lives to give suppositories a try.

Neither is familiar at all with cannabis, and I’m thinking that an anal route might give us more freedom to use a starting dose of about 15-20 mg THC. I’m not certain CBD would be useful by this route. @Amy Gardner, what might your thoughts be on this? My feeling is CBD would be more useful systemically through the gut.

Not sure I can back that feeling up, but it sure is a strong inclination.

I’ve ordered the suppository forms. When they get in we’ll start. I’ll have oil all ready to go. My next step is determining a starting dose. Suppositories work by different rules, rules I’m not quite up to speed with.

I have some time to learn. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:
And why are you considering suppositorys

I believe Sue is considering suppositories because these patients have never used cannabis and when using suppositories, you don't get high. You just get the medicinal value without the high.

Merry Christmas to everyone here as well!

:circle-of-love:

I believe Sue is considering suppositories because these patients have never used cannabis and when using suppositories, you don't get high. You just get the medicinal value without the high.

Merry Christmas to everyone here as well!

:circle-of-love:

I know that you don't get high with suppositories but the need to medicate with supposit. needs to target the problem. Have not heard of many being successful with suppositories other then for Colon/anal cancer.
They should be doing FECO in caps, get use to the high, start low and build to needed strength.
I would talk to them and give them the option to take orally.

Isn't KingstonRabbi the go-to person on suppository dosing? And are you coming out of the cannabis closet in your building?

He and panacea are my go-to for Biobomb knowledge, and KR left us some good data when he stopped last, but I haven’t heard from him now in months. Not sure if he’s even with us anymore.

No, not coming out of the closet, but some of the neighbors are aware of my interest in cannabis therapeutics, and I feel safe extending this helping hand.

This is only an exploration. If it works they’ll each have to procure their own cannabis for further treatment, but both have sons in the local music industry, and they’ve known each other since early childhood. I’m sure between them there’s an idea of where to find quality buds to relieve their respective parent’s pain.

Suppositories will allow a dramatic uptick in cannabinoid loads without the concern of either overwhelming euphoria or having THC metabolites show up in the labs. One of my friends that’ll be attempting this unconventional method has a signed pain management contract that restricts cannabis use in favor of opioids. We can’t risk compromising that contract.

The pain both of them live with is unresponsive to anything except pain meds that also cloud the mind. Neither wants that. Suppositories, inserted shallowly, offer pain relief without interfering with cognition.

I know that you don't get high with suppositories but the need to medicate with supposit. needs to target the problem. Have not heard of many being successful with suppositories other then for Colon/anal cancer.
They should be doing FECO in caps, get use to the high, start low and build to needed strength.
I would talk to them and give them the option to take orally.

How many people do you know personally that have used suppositories and gotten no relief? I know quite a few who now swear by the method, having finally found relief that they feel gave them their life back. I also know others who have watched their cancer labs improve through this method. I don’t pay attention to the thought that they’re ineffective, because I’ve talked with people who know better.

The idea that you need to place cannabinoids close to the area being treated has been debunked. The idea is to get them first into the circulatory system or the lymphatic system, depending on what you’re treating. Shallowly inserted suppositories are delivering cannabinoids into the lymphatic system, where I’m assuming they’re being utilized, or the people I talk with are imagining the relief, and I find that idea ludicrous.

A gentle thought.... there’s nothing that “should” be done that your autonomic nervous system isn’t already doing. There are innumerable ways to successfully introduce cannabinoids into a healing body. We try to avoid saying any method is an absolute necessity. :hug:

And so the next adventure begins. :battingeyelashes:

I came across a neat video that offered some interesting production methods for those moments when you find yourself without molds but want to dose with suppositories.

I like this girl’s energy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi sue - you tagged me back there and I’ve been slow getting back to it.

For fibromyalgia pain bu far the most successful for me has been 1:1 under the tongue doses. That helps me remain functional for the most part. Pain is still there but managed and not the ‘loudest’ thing!

I sense you are aiming to treat the cancer with the suppositories and hit the fibro as well and I’m not sure that’s the best option.

I realise they have restrictions - I’d be wary tho.

Suppositories also pose the greatest risk of an extreme high if you get the ‘spot’ wrong and that seems a big risk to me for folks inexperienced with cannabis.

Also - is it for sure that it won’t show up in a test?

I mean - if you miss the sweet spot with a suppository it’s all over red rover!

Is the fibromyalgia sufferer also the person with pain meds restrictions? If so, I’d suggest starting with a CBD only oil at high doses and see if that helps the opioids work better. Take it fRom there.

You asked me specifically about CBD effectiveness via suppository and I dont think much is known there ATM - I haven’t looked for a while tho.
:Namaste:

Hi sue - you tagged me back there and I’ve been slow getting back to it.

For fibromyalgia pain bu far the most successful for me has been 1:1 under the tongue doses. That helps me remain functional for the most part. Pain is still there but managed and not the ‘loudest’ thing!

I sense you are aiming to treat the cancer with the suppositories and hit the fibro as well and I’m not sure that’s the best option.

I realise they have restrictions - I’d be wary tho.

Suppositories also pose the greatest risk of an extreme high if you get the ‘spot’ wrong and that seems a big risk to me for folks inexperienced with cannabis.

Also - is it for sure that it won’t show up in a test?

I mean - if you miss the sweet spot with a suppository it’s all over red rover!

Is the fibromyalgia sufferer also the person with pain meds restrictions? If so, I’d suggest starting with a CBD only oil at high doses and see if that helps the opioids work better. Take it fRom there.

You asked me specifically about CBD effectiveness via suppository and I dont think much is known there ATM - I haven’t looked for a while tho.

Thanks Amy. :5 I appreciate the input.

I’m thinking of starting with THC suppositories at 20-30 mg each for the pain. She’s under contract for pain meds, and no, we don’t know for sure that it won’t show up in the blood work, but she and I feel she’ll be able to get at least one compromised reading without being tossed from the opioids contract. If it happens we’ll not only know something new, but we can then rethink the protocol.

I can start her on CBD tinctures. There’s a few CBD shops in the area, and I believe they all sell CBD buds, some with nice purple flowers. :cheesygrinsmiley: I’ll speak with her tomorrow about getting a supply and get that tincture going. Do you think CBD alone stands much chance in leveling out her pain? I’d rate it as spiking to 9+, and it’s putting undue stress on everyone in her world.

Olive oil tincture? What do you think? :hmmmm:

I may end up being the one to administer the suppositories, when we get to that. She’s right down the hall, and I know I won’t have a problem with it, if she doesn’t. We’ll work that out as we go.

I don’t think there’s much about CBD in suppository form at the moment. In time we’ll probably figure that out too. Lol!

My other friend, with sciatica pain, has no restrictions holding him back.

I tested out the forms. I’m pleased. :cheesygrinsmiley: Making the oil I’m planning I can adjust the size of the suppositories to control doses, so we can start low and work our way up.

Starting a new patient, it can be a little intimidating, you know?

Hope it goes well!

Yes olive oil tincture is what I use. And cbd alone may do something , depending on dose. Did a bit for me, just nothing like the 1:1 ratio, which is a magic Bullet. Have you thought to make the suppositories 1:1?

It’s the magic ratio for pain, and there’s no liver metabolising to consider... so it may just work well!

Good afternoon.

I need some dosing assistance. I'm planning on making canna gummies tomorrow. I have moulds for 150 gummies. Could someone please tell me how many milligrams of THC each gummy will be if I use:

• 10 grams of Carnival
  • or, if I use 20 grams of Carnival
Carnival is approximately 23% THC to 1% CBD.

Thanks in advance.

Good afternoon.
I need some dosing assistance. I'm planning on making canna gummies tomorrow. I have moulds for 150 gummies. Could someone please tell me how many milligrams of THC each gummy will be if I use:
  • 10 grams of Carnival
Thanks in advance.
I need to know how many ml of oil you'll be infusing in, and if you're working in the oven or an MB machine.

Half a cup of coconut oil, Shed. No oven involved. Although, the cannabis mixed with the coconut oil will be done in a mini crockpot over 3 hours like normal. I'm just trying to figure out whether to use all 20 grams or whether 10 is enough. Here's the recipe I'm planning on trying:

How to Make Weed Gummy Bears

Good afternoon.

• 10 grams of Carnival

Thanks in advance.

I think we can work a simple guess Shed.

@HashGirl, It may be 23% in a perfect garden under the equivalent of intense sunlight, but for dosing purposes I go with the actual test results Neiko got , and that puts you at 17%.

I figure 15% myself, just because I like to underestimate, due to the lack of testing validation. I’ll do your calculations based on 17%, but you’ll need to know how many you’ll actually get to do a truer count. It never works out to be the perfect number we project.

If you’re using 10 grams you can expect to get somewhere around 1500-1700 mg of THC. Double that amount for 20 grams.

Divided by 150 you’ll get somewhere close to 10 mg per with 10 grams of bud, and double that with 20 grams. That’s assuming you get 150.

Without testing equipment it’s all a guess anyhow. You have to test each new batch the same way, by trying a basic dose and evaluating effectiveness, then adjusting up or down for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom